2nd Trimester

3 hr Glucose test.

For those lucky ones that have had to take the 3 hr, did they do a blood draw every hr, and did you fast before?  Thanks.
As you can tell I am super excited to go back to the lab for my 3rd glucose test.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 3 hr Glucose test.

• I used to draw blood for quest diagnostics and yes usually they are done fasting and there are 4 draws, your initial fasting draw then you drink the glucose drink then get drawn every hour. Most labs also want you to stay the entire time-even walking around can affect the test so bring something to do! Good luck!
  • Fasting varies by lab. If you don't know if you should fast then call your doctor with this question. What we did doesn't matter. What you need to do is find out the specific instructions for you.

I had to fast for my three-hour. My experience was this:

Show up
    Blood draw
    Drink the drink
    Wait one hour
    Blood draw
    Wait one hour
    Blood draw
    Wait one hour
    Blood draw
    Done!

Ask the lab if the fasting includes water.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I fasted.  And my experience was very similar to the ladies above.  If you do eat, eat very simple things with no carbs or sugars.  But I would fast, since you don't want anything you eat to impact the results... HTH.
  • Kimbus22 said:

Fasting varies by lab. If you don't know if you should fast then call your doctor with this question. What we did doesn't matter. What you need to do is find out the specific instructions for you.

I had to fast for my three-hour. My experience was this:

Show up
    Blood draw
    Drink the drink
    Wait one hour
    Blood draw
    Wait one hour
    Blood draw
    Wait one hour
    Blood draw
    Done!

Ask the lab if the fasting includes water.

That was my experience too.  Although you forgot the 15 instances of sitting with my head in the toilet repeating to myself "DO NOT THROW UP".  :)

Oh man. The drink never made me nauseated. I did have to fight sleep though. I felt cold & sluggish. My lab was specific that I could not sleep. So I sat up staring at the TV in the waiting area like a zombie.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Oh man, this sounds fun, thanks ladies for the responses.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• jaysears said:

Oh man, this sounds fun, thanks ladies for the responses.  

No prob. I hope you don't have GD!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"