Stay at Home Moms
Options

This is what it looks like when Santa doesn't wrap

We love it this way, I have so much fun setting it up!  (Wrapping is cool, too!).  DS is finally asleep after 2 hours of yelling into the monitor "Is Santa here yet?!?" LOL.   I'm so excited for morning, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas! :)

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!

Re: This is what it looks like when Santa doesn't wrap

• Options
    Wow! Looks great!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
  • Options
    LOVE a Santa display. I'm too lazy to post mine, but not only doesn't Santa wrap here, he stole the last presents I had to wrap and added them to the display so I could get some extra rest...and stole a Coke for his hard work.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is super cute. I never thought to do it like this.
  • Options
    Cute, so there is nothing to open?  Looks like Santa brought a lot this year!
  • Options
    cjcouple said:
    while I think it looks kind of cute, I can't imagine. so you just get up and .... watch the play?
    Yes. Once the shrieking and jumping up and down in excitement ends, which takes awhile! 
  • Options
    AimeeL85AimeeL85 member
    edited December 2013
    while I think it looks kind of cute, I can't imagine. so you just get up and .... watch the play?
    I know, I don't get it!
    Don't get what? This is how it was when I was a kid and we loved it, I guess if everything was wrapped when you were a kid maybe it seems weird, but they don't care about sitting there ripping off the paper. They want to play. A kid is going to be ecstatic about all these toys whether they were wrapped or not. It's like walking into your living room (well, sunroom in our case) and finding a toy store.
  • Options
    Well if they weren't ecstatic, they faked it well!  Either way, I'm sure all our kids are equally excited with their loot!

@auroraloo, I think it's just because I spread it out quite a bit. It's an illusion ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Kimbus22 said:
    I will always wrap. 

But I have to say, this year after it took Joey 3 hours to unwrap, I started thinking that, at 2, having everything set up and out of boxes would have been a hell of a lot more relaxing...

This year we wrapped most of their stuff but assembled some of the bigger items like DDs klip klop stable, dollhouse, imaginext monsters inc scare floor, etc. it was nice because dd loses interest in unwrapping after like the second gift and we weren't scrambling to put everything together when they were finished--we just relaxed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We do a combination- gifts from us were wrapped, but gifts from Santa were unwrapped. It was nice. Santa brings the things she asked for/things she would love the most.
    This is what we do. Santa stuff is unwrapped, all other gifts are wrapped. I think it's so funny people seem to think kids want to sit around and unwrap gift after gift. Ugh, can't imagine how boring that must be and how long it must take. I'll take my way any day. Of course, that's why it's my way.
  • Options
    I SHOULD probably do something like this, but I won't, lol.  DS#2 is still not interested in unwrapping gifts and I had to do all of it for him.  I'm going with giftbags next year I think....which he MIGHT take part in.  :-/
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    Awesome idea! Kids get to play with their toys right away. It's the openimg boxes, unwrapping, and finding batteries that takes forever. And you know the kids just want to get to the good stuff ;)
    Love the display
  • Options
    I think this way is better for the environment. I don't know anyone who doesn't wrap. I am sure it doesn't matter if you wrap or not as long as the kids have a good time!
  • Options
    I should've done this. DS opened two gifts and I opens the rest because the 2nd one he opened was his favorite.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"