TTC after 35

er...sorry for my lack of intro

archi35archi35 member
edited December 2013 in TTC after 35

Hi Ladies:  So I've never posted on a message board before, and hadn't realized it was courteous to make an intro post as a new member until my friend just scolded me for not doing so!  I'm hoping you'll re-accept me after my faux pas?? #-o

Quick bio: Hubby and I both 36, stopped pill in May and have had just the past three cycles (roughly) on the same track. Wanted to start trying two years ago but my health was not in a good place until this past May.  35-37 day cycles (sooo annoying to wait that long each time) with lots of weird symptoms but according to this wonderful board they seem completely normal - and I'm slowly getting used to them.  Will be having further investigatory testing done in January if this round doesn't work out.  Trying to keep positive and not be nervous about losing the past two years of trying.

Issues:  Age and timing (hubby gets super-stressed during FW and can't always finish upon cue).

Please excuse my initial rudeness :D and looking forward to some great support here!

Native NYC-ers living in Switzerland - First time parents - 36 + 37

TTC: 8 Months / BFP: 2/8/2014 / EDD: 10/20/2014  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: er...sorry for my lack of intro

• Welcome! I'm sorta in your same boat, loooong cycles. Testing is important if you don't want to waste too much time. And you want that 6 months (for +35) to count if you do eventually have to go see an RE. I made the mistake of waiting 6 months before going to my OB/GYN and I have to wait another 6 in order for her to give me the referal! It all depends on your insurance I suppose.
    Good luck!
    *TW below*
    Me: 40 DH: 38
    TTC since November 2012
    BFP IUI Cycle 2 Dec 2016
    Baby Boy Due Sept 12 2017
    Elias (Eli) born 9/2/17 at 7:07pm weight 8lbs 10oz and 20.5 inches long!!

• Welcome. We are a pretty forgiving board so no worries about a late intro. We are glad to have you :) .
    My husband also has issues do I feel your pain. If you want to try and pinpoint ovulation so you can only BD when it counts try temping and use opk's. This will take some if the stress off.
    Well good luck and official welcome.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome! Can I ask what "FW" means?

*Ticker/Siggy Warning*

Me: 37 DH: 38 TTC since 2011 DH normal Dx: DOR (AFC ranges from 6-11; AMH 0.16; FSH 11.9; E2 45) 11/13: 1st IVF converted to IUI due to poor response to high dose antagonist protocol (only 3 follies) = BFN 12/13: IUI #2 letrozole + Bravelle = BFP, beta #1 156, beta #2 196 (diff. lab), beta #3 1037; 1st ultrasound @ 5 wks 1 day = 6 mm gest sac; 2nd ultrasound 6 wks 1 day = tiny flickering heartbeat; 3rd ultrasound 7 wks 1 day 10.3 mm embie growing away! 

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Welcome!!!   @nootbar - FW means fertile week :)

BFP #1 - DS 2007

BFP #2 - 8/25/13 - mmc 10/10/13

BFP #3 - 1/14/14 - EDD 9/30/14

• @czarmom- thank you! :)

*Ticker/Siggy Warning*

Me: 37 DH: 38 TTC since 2011 DH normal Dx: DOR (AFC ranges from 6-11; AMH 0.16; FSH 11.9; E2 45) 11/13: 1st IVF converted to IUI due to poor response to high dose antagonist protocol (only 3 follies) = BFN 12/13: IUI #2 letrozole + Bravelle = BFP, beta #1 156, beta #2 196 (diff. lab), beta #3 1037; 1st ultrasound @ 5 wks 1 day = 6 mm gest sac; 2nd ultrasound 6 wks 1 day = tiny flickering heartbeat; 3rd ultrasound 7 wks 1 day 10.3 mm embie growing away! 

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • archi35archi35 member
    edited December 2013

FW - Fertile Week (at least that's what I'm copying from other posts :) )

@hooligans4:  We are temping and doing OPK's but I think that's putting him more on edge unfortch.  But at this point he can count and knows exactly when the week is - so even if I don't tell him he gets that pinched concentration look (super sexy :-/). Poor thing.  I wish I knew how to help him other than continuing to try and keep it light.

Native NYC-ers living in Switzerland - First time parents - 36 + 37

TTC: 8 Months / BFP: 2/8/2014 / EDD: 10/20/2014  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Welcome and I hope your stay is short..like pp said its worth it to get testing so u don't waste time , and if everything is normal you will also be relieved :-)
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Hello and welcome :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• welcome! I wish you luck.

Perhaps just kind of do an every other day starting several days ebfore and continue several days later....we all know the later ones don't count but if he just know you will BD every other day for 10 days maybe that would less stressful?

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"