2nd Trimester

Favorite Products for Stretch Mark Prevention

I know if you're going to get them, you're going to get them.

But do any of you have any favorite products that you use to prevent stretch marks? Or found anything to be relatively effective?

I am 16 weeks, I currently use Coconut Oil in the shower, and use Bio-Oil once I get out.

Thanks!

Re: Favorite Products for Stretch Mark Prevention

• Your post makes no sense. If you know genetics is the only prevention then you also know creams/lotions don't prevent stretch marks.

Coconut oil has been the best for me with regards to moisture.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• It's all genetics regardless. I use regular cheap ol coco butter. I am HUGE and have zero stretch marcks except for where my belly button rings was from when I was younger. Again all boils down to genetics because my ass surely has celulite like crazy!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • Nobody in my family got stretch marks and I did. I know I got mine b/c I was on bed rest for 20 weeks and had to lay on my left side. My right side stretched a lot more than my left and nothing worked to get them to go away. Still have them now.
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• Tweeks23 said:
    Nobody in my family got stretch marks and I did. I know I got mine b/c I was on bed rest for 20 weeks and had to lay on my left side. My right side stretched a lot more than my left and nothing worked to get them to go away. Still have them now.
    You really think bedrest had anything to do with it? I was on strict bedrest as well and that is when I gained most of my weight and still nothing.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• My mom got faint white ones during pregnancy. I am 19 weeks tomorrow and am already getting the deep red ones. And I'm a small build and growing "normally", not gaining too much weight. It's depressing but just think of what comes out of it :)
  • gypsymysticgypsymystic member
    edited December 2013
    Bio oil really diminished the ones I had PP with DS1. Worked on other blemishes and a spider vein behind my knee really well. I got 90% of mine when I lost 60+ lb after DS1 though, not when I was bigger or when preggo with him. Already had some faint ones on my hips before my pregnancies and those never got bigger or smaller. I would attribute mine to being pale and losing weight fast. My mom has like zero * after 4 kids and 85lb in one pregnancy with my sister... lucky b. lol

*edit
    Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
  • I liked bio oil because it has no smell :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • Stretch marks are genetic.  If you are going to get them, your going to get them.  I'm 27 weeks and lucky so far.  (with an exception to an increased amount of spider veins)    
  • I use Burt's bees because my mom gave it to me as a gift, and I only use it when I remember or am not too lazy to, sometimes it's too cold an I don't want to put it on. My mom didn't have any and I'm hoping I got her genes. I don't think my grandma on dads side did either, I have yet to see one but I'm not very big. I would think stretch mark cream is really there to help with itching and MAYBE minimize the outcome of stretch marks but certainly not get rid of them

It's a BOY

• I've tried a couple (because I developed a rash with tummy butter) and I already have stretch marks...in my opinion they don't work. I'm using a cocoa butter lotion to keep my skin from getting dry and it seems to help the redness.

Oct 16/13. BFP @ 11 dpo

Oct 21/13. Beta 360 @ 16 dpo

Oct 23/13. Beta 749 @ 18 dpo

Nov 24/13. Saw HB (141bpm) & baby wiggle around via ultrasound @ 9w5d due date changed to June 23!!

Dec 6/13. Heard HB (122bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 11w3d

Jan 9/14. Heard HB (124bpm) via Doppler at OB @ 16w3d irregular beat

Jan 29/14. DH felt kicks for first time @ 19w3d

Feb 2/14. Saw baby via ultrasound (quick scan in ER) @ 19w6d

Feb 6/14. Heard HB (126-134bpm) via Doppler @ 20w3d normal beat

Feb 15/14. AS - baby looked great (measured 1w small) and would NOT let us see sex! @ 21w5d 

Feb 20/14  3D US - its a GIRL!!!!! @ 22w3d

Feb 27/14. Repeat AS for more pics, HB 124bpm  @ 23w3d

Mar 6/14. Heard HB (130bpm) via Doppler @ 24w3d

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

• I use organic Calendula oil and cream. The stuff is a miracle worker and while it won't eliminate stretch marks, it is amazing at minimizing and reducing the redness. It also helps with itchy skin, cuts, scrapes, and the cream is absolutely amazing on diaper rashes!

• My friend, who is also pregnant, suggested the earth mama oil. I am ordering some of Amazon next week try it out. She loves it! I'm using the cvs brand lotion with cocoa butter right now.. no stretch marks yet but my bump is tiny..
  • It is genetics.. but so what if we want to use oil/cocoa butter because we think it might help them go back to normal after. 

I use cocoa butter
  • kmdendy said:

It is genetics.. but so what if we want to use oil/cocoa butter because we think it might help them go back to normal after. 

I use cocoa butter
    The stretch marks might fade but they never "go back to normal".

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"