2nd Trimester

At home doppler

Is it dangerous to use these? I'm still trying to find my baby's heartbeat so I've been using it every day for about a half hour each time. Is that too often?

Re: At home doppler

• bingbongsmamabingbongsmama member
    edited December 2013
    It's not dangerous but kind of a mind fuck if you're not skilled enough to use it and end up panicking when you can't find the heartbeat. My ob couldn't find it once and had to use the u/s instead. If you wait a couple of weeks, the baby kicks are a good reminder everything's still ok in there
  • I only use mine once a week for a couple of minutes just for reassurance since I'm not feeling regular kicks yet.  I don't think I'd feel comfortable using it everyday.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I used mine everyday from 10 weeks until about 19 weeks when I started feeling regular movement. I think it all depends on what you feel comfortable with. I think the main reason some doctors advise against it is because you can really freak yourself out if you can't find the heartbeat. I wasn't able to find my baby's heartbeat a couple different times and did panic, but was always able to find it the next day.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • No it is not good for the baby. Have you watched YouTube? There are some great tutorials. Once a week for 10 minutes each time should be your max. What brand Doppler are you using?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • My doctor said they put that on their boxes so they don't get sued lol

It's a BOY

• Yes it's safe I asked my ob. I used mine in beginning about 2-3x per week for only a few mins.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"