LGBT Parenting
Options

GTKY 12/20 Noobie/Vet Edi.!

edited December 2013 in LGBT Parenting
Hi everyone!
With lots of noobies on the board right now, I know some of us are confusing people a little bit - and, lots of mobile bumpies can't see signatures which adds to the problem. So, today's GTKY is a little bit of a rinse and repeat for the vets but is aimed to get all of us on the same page and help clear up who's who. Rather than a full intro (I will try to bump that thread this weekend b/c I actually never did one!) - this is a quick and easy catch up.  So here we go:

1. How long have you been on the bump?
2. Where do you live?
3. What stage are you in - TTC, Pregnant, Parenting? Details please :)
4. What's your job?
5. Tell us about your SO, if you have one. How long have you been together? What's their job? Maybe give us a Myer-Briggs-like description.
6. Tell us your Myers-Briggs if you know it.
7. How old are you/age range? (this, like all ?'s, atre optional)
8. Give us a paragraph describing you - maybe your personality, core values, what's most important to you in this lifetime, etc.
9. Why and when did you decide you wanted to be a mom?
10. And...what are you doing for the holidays next week??

BONUS: PIP us a picture of you, your SO, family, pets, whatever - give us a visual aid! :)

Go!
Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: GTKY 12/20 Noobie/Vet Edi.!

• Options

1) Since June 2013!

2) Indianer

3) TTC - sigh

4) I work for a university

5) C and I have been together for 8.5 years (yikes! lol).  She also works for the same university as me.  We're just down the street from each other, actually.  I can pop in on her anytime I want but I usually leave her alone.  Professionalism and all ;) She is a solid ISTJ.  A true introverted stickler with extraordinary attention to detail.  Very loyal but if you cross her once, you're marked as untrustworthy for eternity.  I try to stay one her good side!

6) I'm an INFJ.  I like to describe myself as a realistic dreamer who gets things done.  The "J" is a surprising factor of my otherwise extremely Type B personality.  Even though I'm inherently lazy and day-dreamy and kind of have my head in the clouds, I cannot stand still.  I always have to feel like I'm moving forward in some way.  I'm already getting a little restless and I've been in my current job for 2.5 years.  Focusing on TTC is what's keeping me here, otherwise I would be actively trying to get promoted again.  It's strange because I love laying around and doing nothing - but I love being busy and feeling important.  I'm a living, breathing contradiction.

7) 31 - I don't mind sharing :) it's even in my siggy!

8) Er, I kinda already did that in number 6!  I guess the relationships in my life are what's most important to me.  I'm an introvert and can only stand being around people for so long, but if they're my nearest and dearest I love to see them regularly.  I have a handful of close friends and I spend most of my energy keeping those relationships strong rather than seeking new friendships.  Too exhausting.  If I already like you, you're golden.

9) When I was a teenager, I NEVER wanted to be a mom.  I thought it was the worst thing in the world.  And of course, I was convinced the first time I had sex with a boy I would get pregnant.  Our health teacher always said "It only takes one time!" so I diligently took my BC pills at the exact same time every night.  8 pm.  I carried it in my purse so I'd always have it.  I made my boyfriend wear a condom.  And if my period was even 5 minutes late, I freaked out and got a pregnancy test.  It wasn't until I was older that I understood the value of having a child.  I saw some friends get pregnant and have babies, and it changed them - in a good way.  I wanted to experience that too, with C.  We decided we'd start trying in our early 30's after we'd accomplished the things we wanted to do.  So here we are!

10) Christmas with my family, her family, visiting friends, and then coming home to relax for a week!

• Options
    1. How long have you been on the bump? Since March of this year

2. Where do you live? I live in Palmetto/Ellenton, Florida. It is just south of Tampa/St. Pete area

3. What stage are you in - TTC, Pregnant, Parenting? We are TTC. It has been a rough go of it for us as we have only been able to actually try 3x due to issues with blood tests, ovulation, etc.  On our first try we got a BFP, however--turned out to be false.  We are currently 7dpiui of our TWW

4. What's your job? I work in education. Right now I am a administrative intern (assistant principal)/testing coordinator/activities director/anything else they can throw at me

5. Tell us about your SO, if you have one. How long have you been together? What's their job? Maybe give us a Myer-Briggs-like description. I am married to a wonderful woman.  She is a sergeant with our sheriff's office and has worked there for 15 years. She currently is in internal affairs (keeps her off patrol and a bit safer!!). We have been together for 3 years and married for 1.5 yrs. She is much calmer than I am and UBER-HONEST. She is a clean-freak and loves to put my stuff away (even if I don't know where that is LOL). She is extremely emotional and very caring, but sometimes too sensitive in that she looks too much into things and can get her feelings hurt.  She is like a soothing balm for me and has taught me to communicate on a much deeper level. I am very lucky...oh, and she is HOTTTTT! 
    6. Tell us your Myers-Briggs if you know it. I believe I am INFJ..which is mostly accurate. On the scale I am only slightly towards each level in almost all categories
    7. How old are you/age range? (this, like all ?'s, atre optional)I am 33 and my wife is 38
    8. Give us a paragraph describing you - maybe your personality, core values, what's most important to you in this lifetime, etc.
    This one could be tough as I can get wordy and tend to be a little of everything. I am extremely compassionate, which is why I love teaching in the "tougher" schools. I tend to look at a person's whole self, instead of just one action (usually). My family (including the four-legged children) are extremely important to me. My parents and I have had to work very hard at repairing our relationship after my "preference" became common knowledge, but we are there. I value friendship and honesty and I tend to have a small, close group of friends instead of a large social group. I love to read and take naps, but do excel in social situations as well. I enjoy cracking jokes and am always up for a prank (as long as people understand that it will come back around). We volunteer at the animal shelter in our county with the Adop-A-Bull program where we train pitbulls for canine good citizenship awards and help get them adopted.  We also go there to walk other dogs and play with the cats.  We have been a foster-failure 2x already, but it is so hard to say no to those cute little faces! We play softball on a co-ed travel team and also on Mondays with friends.  We have two dogs: Capone (5 yo pittie) and Maddox (8 yo boxer), two cats: Atticus (3yo tabby) and Jax (10 month old ocicat), and one snake: Calliope (2 yo Argentine Boa).  and hope to add a baby to the mix soon!

9. Why and when did you decide you wanted to be a mom? I have always wanted to be a mom.  My mother was a lamaze instructor for years when I was a kid and I would go to her classes. By two I knew all about breast-feeding, changing diapers, how a baby is born, etc.  My mom got a call when I was in preschool from the teacher asking her to tell me to stop teaching the boys how to breastfeed.  My answer as to why I taught them was that I didn't think we should do all the work!

10. And...what are you doing for the holidays next week?? We have a couple of days planned. Sunday is going to be Christmas for M and I. Then Tuesday we have family dinner with her family. Wednesday, M and I are having her family and my family over to our house to celebrate! Whew, we will be busy planning for that

BONUS: PIP us a picture of you, your SO, family, pets, whatever - give us a visual aid! 
    I will have to add something later b/c I am at work!

Go!
    ;) :x :)) :))

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo....I swear you and I could be related LOL

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• Options
    Since March of 2013

2. Where do you live?
    New England 

3. What stage are you in - TTC, Pregnant, Parenting? Details please 
    17wks pregnant with twins!

4. What's your job?
    IT field, keeps me on my toes!

5. Tell us about your SO, if you have one. How long have you been together? What's their job? Maybe give us a Myer-Briggs-like description. 
    Best thing that's ever happened to me. We compliment each other well I think. Outgoing, warm, compassionate and funny. We've been together for 14 years now- So I think we're gonna make it. ;)

INFJ

30 going on 25.

Be kind, and do no harm. It also doesn't hurt to have passions in life that you can strive to be better at!

I wanted a more secure family unit than the ones we have... my wife was more on board with kids than I was to be honest. She always wanted a family, I on the other hand could have taken it or left it.

Low key compared to previous years. Gifts, my parent's, her parents, then home for the anatomy scan and work the next day. I figure we'll start taking the holidays off when the kids get older and it becomes more special.
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • Options
    @wishiwaspreggo....I swear you and I could be related LOL
    Yay!  Another INFJ!  Do you find it hard to explain why you are the way you are?  Because I sure do.  If it weren't for that "J" to keep me anchored I'd probably be living on a sailboat in the Caribbean and supporting myself on Ponzi schemes.
  • Options
    aslmanderaslmander member
    edited December 2013

1. How long have you been on the bump?  Just a few short weeks!

2. Where do you live? Kansas City, MO

3. What stage are you in - TTC, Pregnant, Parenting? Details please :)WTTC, still trying to figure out my charts and getting my body more baby making ready

4. What's your job? Tech support for UMB bank

5. Tell us about your SO, if you have one. How long have you been together? What's their job? Maybe give us a Myer-Briggs-like description.  My S/O's name is Angel. We have been together for a year and a half (i know its just a short time, but when you know, you know!) We've been living together for almost a year now. She is a security officer, currently taking tests to be a correctional officer and in school to be a probation/parol officer. She's all of 5"1 but packs a mighty punch lol. She's an absolute dog lover and she loves playing pool. (she's pretty kick ass at it too). Her grandpa is everything to her. She hates chocolate but loves onions (gross right? lol). And most importantly, i love her to death.  

6. Tell us your Myers-Briggs if you know it. Sadly, I do not know what this means

7. How old are you/age range? (this, like all ?'s, atre optional) I will be 23 in 6 weeks

8. Give us a paragraph describing you - maybe your personality, core values, what's most important to you in this lifetime, etc.I wear my heart on my sleave, i care way too much what people think. I am a very forgiving person. I like to think the best of people. I am very family driven. I love my sisters with all my heart (peyton is 16 and Shannon is 20), i would lay down my life for them. Ive had a rocky relationship with my parents, im mad at my dad, not because he has bi-polar but because he waited 21 years after i was born to do something about it. I feel like there would be lots less patched holes in the walls and alot less nightmares. Im mad at my mom for staying with him. But since my dad has been actually taking his meds things have been better. its also been better that ive been out of the house for 4 years but i still worry that my dad's rage will one day go too far with my mom and sisters still in the house. But i honestly wouldnt change it because i wouldnt be the person i am today!

9. Why and when did you decide you wanted to be a mom? Just from a litte girl i wanted to be a mom, thats really my one goal in life. Partly why i battled with accepting myself with who i really am because i want kids so badly. but i know there are obvious ways around it:)

10. And...what are you doing for the holidays next week?? Going to my aunts on christmas eve to do presents and dinner, opening gifts with Angel and her cousn's baby christmas morning, going to my parents later in teh morning. coming back to my place to do christmas afternoon with angel's grandpa. then that night going to my dad's side of the family's christmas party. (that day will be super busy!)
     BONUS: PIP us a picture of you, your SO, family, pets, whatever - give us a visual aid! :)

Angel And I ( I am on the left, she on the right with our puppy's head lol)image

• Options
    Apparantly it didnt like my answer to number 3. I am WTTC, still trying to figure out my cycles and getting my body in baby making shape
  • Options

1. How long have you been on the bump? About 15 months
    2. Where do you live? Seattle :) (we have 3 cats and 4 chickens)
    3. What stage are you in - TTC, Pregnant, Parenting? Details please .
    I'm 5w2d pregnant! We did IVF using *both* donor egg and donor sperm last December. We got 4 embryos and I got pregnant with the fresh cycle. Sadly, I lost our baby boy at 16w1d in mid-March (I've chosen to not remember the exact date). I had a D&E, which was one of the worst experiences/pain I've ever felt (re: laminaria preparation, read up. ouch). From that, I managed to grow myself scar tissue in my ute that had to be removed via surgery in May. Then, I was finally ready for FET#1 in July...which was a chem. preg. Then next try was Sept. for FET #2...BFN. This month on Dec. 2 we put in our last embryo in FET#3 and got a BFP! While excited, we are ever-so-cautions to allow ourselves to be, especially knowing that second tri losses happen...so even getting through the first tri doesn't feel like much of a milestone in our house. One day at a time is my approach! It's pretty terrifying to me deep down/right now, but I'm trying to ignore those feelings and stay positive! I still keep saying "if we have this baby" as really nothing in me feels much confidence yet. Our u/s is 12/26 which is not far away which will help!

4. What's your job?
    I work for a gigantic software company here :). I'm an account manager for a couple different partner relationships. They resell and support our product. I make sure they can do the technical support - I'm not techy at all - my official title is "relationship manager" which is a great fit for me! I probably work 45-50 hours a week, but I work from home a lot so muddling through email while watching TV isn't like I'm in the office at a desk. I already had a meeting this morning at 7 a.m. in my p.j.'s.

J is my wife! We've been together just over 7 years and this is (and will be) my longest relationship ever. J owns three independent coffeeshops/cafes in Seattle. You will never, ever find me in a Starbucks. :P She's happy and satisfied in her job and her life and she'll tell you so. I love being with a happy person! She's a total introvert, but functions just fine in her public-facing job. She reads, loves our cats so much sometimes I think she might burst, cares deeply for the people in her life and thinks of others first, is a stubborn Aries at times :), is not prone to fighting or yelling (I grew up with mega-fights between my parents so this is important). We both love alternative rock/music, traveling, good food, and generally keeping life pretty simple and putting our energy into things we care about. She is from Arkansas and grew up on Air Force bases in the south and 3 years in Germany (her favorite years of childhood) - she's very humble and appreciates people's differences.

6. Tell us your Myers-Briggs if you know it.  ENFJ!

7. How old are you/age range? (this, like all ?'s, are optional)
    Oh we are the old ladies on the board! I'm 42 and J is 44. OLD. But we like to think we're still cool enough to go to shows and be out in the world. We are fighting being lame ole lesbos.

I'm a mega extrovert but I do enjoy quiet time at home and alone time too. I'm very loyal and generally an optimist (realist at times). I love and care about the people in my life over just about anything else and I know on my deathbed one day I will think of them, not of much else - which prioritizes things like work, money, etc. as lower importance. I am a super hard worker but have "justice issues" as J says, so as long as I feel I'm appreciated and valued I'll go the distance - but as soon as things feel unfair or unbalanced, I'll pull back. As stated earlier my childhood was tumultuous with parents in a miserable marriage, so I am for low-to-no drama in my life as much as that is possible in tandem with being real, honest and open about life. I love to connect with people and have been known to try too hard in that regard, but that has settled with age.

I grappled with this for a long long time. Being the oldest of 4 kids, all girls, I felt I had already parented to a degree and believed there were enough people on the planet and contributing to that was not what I wanted. However, as the window was closing J and I both just had a moment where we were like "what are we doing?! we need to be moms!" - and so last year in June at age 41 we got the party started. Now we are committed - this baby or else we'll try again with new donors, and/or adopt.

I am off all week!!! I am so excited. I haven't had a full week off since our honeymoon. I've been hoarding vacation time to add on to mat leave just in case...So that alone is awesome. Christmas even two of my three sisters and J and I are going to my mom's. Christmas day we are hosting all my sisters, plus two boyfriends, and my mom. My dad shipped us a Christmas Ham from the meat company where I grew up (Erie, PA) - so we were all super psyched about that! He doesn't do much like that and honestly it was the most perfect gift - we all share it, he's part of our day, and it doesn't clutter up our houses (we all but one live in small spaces).

For xmas J and I are doing smaller gifts and for our big gift to each other, we contributed to the capitol campaign for our amazing non profit alternative radio station which is raising $10M for their new state-of-the-art facility. For your donation, you get a tile on the outside of their new home right in Seattle Center near the Space Needle! So J had the idea so this is all her - which makes it extra special b/c she's not exactly the most sentimental or romantic person. She wanted the medium size tile so we could have two lines of text...and had already decided what she wanted it to say. VERY early in our dating, she texted me a line from an Arcade Fire song and it was the first moment I realized she really liked me, and it sent a little gush of warmth through me and I realized I really liked her back. So, our tile says "then I'll dig a tunnel from my window to yours /j&j 2006" - and we are both so excited about it! She said "honey we can take our kid to see our tile and it'll be there forever!". Love her. :) Ok, end of sickening love gushing. :)

Ok two PIPs to round it out: Me and J, and Manny & Odo! I look a little chunkier than I hope I am, but well, it's from last week at J's employee party.

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    August 2012

2. Where do you live? 
    Houston

My son will be a year old on Sunday!

4. What's your job?
    I am a digital collections librarian in a university library's archives.

We have been together for 9 years. She is also a librarian, but a totally different type. She is outspoken and smart, and much braver than I. She is much more relaxed about things than I am and much more go with the flow.

Many, many years ago I had the real Myers-Briggs and was an INFJ. Recently I did a "fake" one for work and was an INTJ. 

Late 30s

What is most important to me is friends and family. I want my son to remember times with his family -- eating dinner together regularly, doing things as a family, having fun together. I don't like confrontation, in part because my reaction to any emotion is tears! So I can be furious, but crying, and I hate that. I am hard to get to know, but once I know you well, I'm laid back, funny, and loyal. 

I have always wanted to be a mom but wasn't in the right place until about about 3 years ago when we started TTC.

Tomorrow we will drive about 3.5 hours to visit DP's family for a few days. Christmas Day we will spend very low key with my parents, and next weekend we will spend the day with my parents, brother and sister-in-law, and grandmother. It will be our first real Christmas with our son (because he was 3 days old last year!) and the first Christmas without my grandfather, so lots of mixed emotions.

Bonus: My son met Santa Sunday. He was not impressed.

• Options
    1. I have been on here fully since I think May 2013. I was on here last year at this time, but then left as C and decided we weren't ready to have kids yet

2. We live outside of Ellicottville, NY...about an hour south of Buffalo and 20 minutes from the Northwest PA border.

3. We are actively TTC and have been since August. Our first three IUIs were BFNs. I had a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy in November. It turned out that I had endometriosis and a pretty good uterine septum. Those have all been fixed now. As soon as I get my period (should be next week) we will be back on the baby making wagon!

4. I am a caseworker for our county Department of Aging. I do a lot of home visits related to Meals on Wheels and a service where we pay for folks to have an aide in their home. My previous job was as a Program Director for our local domestic violence and sexual assault services. As a result, I get all of the DV related crisis cases in my current job.

5. My wife is Cheryl. She is the complete opposite of me. She is very loud and opinionated, and not afraid to blurt it all out. She is incredibly funny, though sometimes inappropriate. She can never sit still for long. She is very protective of her loved ones. She is the bar manager/bartender at an American Legion. I think the job fits her very well and I'm really proud of her for the great job she does. We have been together for almost 3 years and married for a year and 3 months.

6. I don't know my Myers-Briggs.

7. I am 29. Will be 30 in April.

8. I am generally a quiet person, though after being with C, I am admittedly a bit more outgoing. I used to be terribly shy. I like my alone time as I grew up an only child. I have a horrible habit of letting people walk all over me. It takes me a while to get to the point when I'm done, but when I'm done with someone, I'm done. I always feel terrible about but know that it was for valid reasons. I tend to take on responsibility for things that aren't mine to take responsibility for. I have a huge heart and hate to see any one hurt. This gets me into bad situations sometimes. I will try to help someone else even if it means it will hurt me in the process. I call this my bleeding social worker heart. Something I'm trying to get better at. Even when I might have every right to be angry at someone, I still feel bad.

9. I have always gone back and forth about being a Mom. For a while, I was content with the idea of never having kids. Last year about this time, C and I said we wanted to. A few weeks later, we decided we weren't ready. Fast forward to Memorial Day weekend. We spend it with her family and there are LOs everywhere! The baby bug hit me hard! I figured she still wasn't ready so I said nothing. About two weeks later it came up and she said she has been ready but didn't think I was. After that, we got the ball rolling and here we are.

10. We will go to my parents house in the morning, then her Mom's and then to my Aunt and Uncle's for dessert. It is always a packed day for us.

Bonus PIP...us on our wedding day and a year later and then our fur babies...Zeppelin, Busty and Kujo.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    Yay!  Another INFJ!  Do you find it hard to explain why you are the way you are?  Because I sure do.  If it weren't for that "J" to keep me anchored I'd probably be living on a sailboat in the Caribbean and supporting myself on Ponzi schemes.
    All the time.  I am a walking contradiction. It is soooo hard to explain that I am an introvert but excel in groups as a leader LOL

• Options
    Not very long...a month or so

2. Where do you live? 
    Utah

I am 11 weeks 3 days pregnant. We used a WTBK donor and got pregnant on our 3 at home ICI try

4. What's your job?
    I'm the Program Manager for a local nonprofit. I love my job and the folks that I work with. Almost half are "family" which is awesome, but I really do work with the greatest people who all really care about our clients. 

5. Tell us about your SO, if you have one. How long have you been together? What's their job? Maybe give us a Myer-Briggs-like description. 
    My wife is the greatest. We've been together just over 5 years and married for 3. She is the International Program Coordinator for an international nonprofit based here. She hates her job actually. She has an MSW and wants to start working as a therapist after she takes the licensing exam. We balance each other out well, she's a feeler, not spontaneous at all though, has a big heart and high expectations, she's from a small town and grew up on a farm, she loves the outdoors and adventure. I can't wait to have kids with her.

I am pretty sure I'm an INTP. 

I'm a pretty big introvert, 99% of the time I'm happy to hang out with my wife, our puppies, or close friends. I love movies, books, and anything outdoors. I was really excited to work on my snowboarding skills this year but wifey has forbidden me, for good reason. Family is the most important thing to me, which is why we live in this ridiculous, but beautiful state. I care about people and social justice. I have a master's in public service and while I love my job I would love to start a nonprofit working with youth through the arts. 

I've always wanted to be a mom. I cared for my cabbage patch dolls like they were real and couldn't wait to get my life ready to be a mom. Before I met my wife I was ready to have kids as a single woman. Luckily she came along and now I get to do it with her. 

Celebrating with my mom, sister and her family on Christmas Eve day. We are going to spend Christmas with my wife's family in the above mentioned small conservative town. We haven't seen them since I got pregnant. This is kind of the make or break point for me. I hope it goes well and no one brings up their racist, homophobic, misogynistic ideals. Hopefully we'll see my dad and stepmom and her kids at some point. I'd rather spend Christmas with them, but I guess I should give my wife's family a turn every now and again as hard as it is. 

• Options
    Great idea, @2MamazinSeattle!!

Since August/September 2013, I think. 

2. Where do you live? 
    London, Canada

We are TTC. We have just been enrolled in the Donor Insemination program at our hospital, and we have our orientation on Jan 8th! Yay! Just got the packet in the mail earlier this week.

4. What's your job?
    I am self-employed as a Virtual Assistant, and my background is in office management, bookkeeping, and tax preparation. Basically, I do all those annoying little tasks that small business owners either don't have time to do, don't know HOW to do, or just don't want to do. And they pay me handsomely for it. LOL

My partner's name is also Cheryl, but her nickname is Smurf (because she's so short) and that's usually how I refer to her on the board. We've been together since February 2010 and we're getting married on August 1st, 2015. She is an engineer at a company that designs/builds military vehicles. I have no idea what her MB is, but she is definitely extroverted! She loves sports - ESPECIALLY hockey - and is an avid camper and canoer (canoeist?). She is Japanese-Canadian and VERY proud of her heritage. She has the cutest smile. :)

INFJ if I remember correctly.

I celebrated the first anniversary of my 29th birthday in September. Smurf is 44.

I have a very dry sense of humour (I am actually British). I am painfully shy, but an EXCELLENT public speaker. Go figure. I also hate answering questions that ask me to describe myself. LOL

My answer to this is actually a bit taboo, so feel free to skip over this part. I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome that wreaks absolute havoc on my hormones. I bleed constantly and very heavily. It's been like this since I was a teenager. It was so bad in March 2013 that I was hospitalized and very nearly needed a blood transfusion (my hemoglobin went down to 80; below 80 they transfuse). Anyhow, I have been asking my doctor for a hysterectomy since I was about 20 years old, but she always tried to talk me out of it "in case I want children." Honestly, I'd always believed I would adopt. But at my last physical I asked her if it was even truly possible for me to have children, and her answer was "you won't know unless you try." I asked for a referral to the fertility clinic and talked to Smurf about it. At first she felt she wasn't ready, but after meeting our FS and realizing how slow the process is, it's given her time to really think about it and she's super excited to start trying... as am I. :)  Whew, that was long.

We are making a couple trips into Toronto; first trip we leave on the 23rd and come back the 26th, and we'll be staying with Smurf's fam. We go back a few days later and stay for a week; we have tickets to see Canada vs US women's hockey team and also tickets for a lacrosse game, and plans to catch up with friends. :)

BONUS: PIP us a picture of you, your SO, family, pets, whatever - give us a visual aid!
    Here we are, dressed up for a friend's wedding. (she looks great in a fedora!)

Lesbian couple from SW Ontario, Canada | Me: 29 + 1 DF: 44 | Together 3.5 yrs, getting married in 2015 | TTC since Jun 2013

My Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tube(s), mild endometriosis & uterine septum (both removed during surgery Oct 11/13)

Jun 24/13: referral to Fertility Clinic ordered by gyne

Aug 15/13: initial consult with FS at Victoria Hospital Fertility Clinic, BW & HSG ordered 

Aug 20/13: HSG shows one tube completely blocked, other tube slow to fill

Sep 18/13: FU w/FS re: HSG & BW. BW normal, laser laparoscopy & hysteroscopy ordered

Oct 11/13: Hysteroscopy, laser laparoscopy, & HSG determined I actually have a uterine septum and mild endometriosis, and that my tubes were never blocked! Septum and endo removed with laser during surgery. Post-op in 6 wks.

Nov 26/13: Post-op - fully healed with no complications; confirmed tubes are clear and septum and endo removed. Referred to Donor Insemination program.

• Options
    I left my phone at home today and have felt out of the loop!  And now I'm too tired to respond to this.  Will try to get to it this weekend, but I loved reading all the responses!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    Phew.. It took me 45 minutes to read through all the responses! But it was fun.

A bit more than a year. Gotta tell you it sucked to get my "bump anniversary" recognition email a couple weeks ago. Definitely didn't need their help celebrating a year of TTC.

2. Where do you live?
    Toronto

3. What stage are you in - TTC, Pregnant, Parenting?
    We are TTC. We will be doing IVF in January with my eggs and M's uterus.
    It has been a long journey here. M has diminished ovarian reserve and I had to have both of tubes removed this summer. We've done 6 IUIs into M with all different drugs. And we started an IVF cycle in late November, but we got cancelled on day 9 because I wasn't responding well enough to the drug protocol.

4. What's your job?
    I'm doing my PhD in women's studies. I am a tutorial assistant for one undergrad class. And I babysit 6 hours a week for two kids we are "aunties" to.

My partner is Amanda (I'm Healy). She's @Manada on the board or M, as I often call her. She's an INFJ.
    She's cuddly and loving and supportive and generous and kind and smart and passionate and thoughtful. She loves reading and musicals. I'll let her tell you more about herself. I adore her.

We have been together for 34 months today. :)

She works in student services and academic support at a university.

I'm an ENFJ.

7. How old are you/age range? (this, like all ?'s, atre optional) I'm 32. M is 31. We will both advance a year in the first few months of 2014.

I'm goofy and thoughtful. I'm passionate and empathetic. I spend a lot of my time doing (unpaid) caring labor, for my love, for my friends, for our dog, etc.. My dissertation would be done sooner, but I would not feel like myself, if I spend more time writing and less time saying "yes" to requests made of me. I tend to have an "if not me, then who?" attitude, which is probably one of the reasons I was drawn to activism, but is also one of the reasons I find myself with a few too many plates in the air, often.
    I'm a jock. I currently only play baseball (on a women's baseball team--actual baseball, not softball). I did track and field in college. I was a shotputter, hammer thrower, and weight thrower.
    I wish that I could sing or play an instrument, because I feel like life is a musical, but I am not musically skilled at all.
    I love teaching and really hope I finish my dissertation so I can become a professor.

I've always wanted to be a parent. It was never really a question. My parents are still together and have a great relationship, so I've always imagined myself raising children in partnership with someone if at all possible. M and I talked about kids on our 7th date. Of course, we were careful not to talk specifically about our future kids, but we had one of those conversations where it was very clear that we were making sure that we were on the same page. If she hadn't wanted kids it would have been a deal breaker for me (and vice versa) and I didn't want to fall any more in love with her than I already had if she didn't want kids.

On Sunday we are driving 1.5 hours to M's mom's house and we'll be there for Sunday and Monday. We'll celebrate Christmas with them on Monday morning. Then we'll drive from there to Chicago where my family is on Monday night and Tuesday morning (unless we do it all in one go on Monday). We'll stay with my family probably until Saturday morning. We may stop at M's grandparents' on the way back to Toronto. For NYE, we may go to our friends' house for a low key party with games and food. Or we may stay in.

I'm the taller one.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    EsquetteEsquette member
    edited December 2013
    I'm brand new! (okay, I've been lurking for a month or two, but this is my first post.) 
     2. Where do you live?
     Boulder, CO but I have Portland, OR in my soggy soggy blood.
    None of the above, yet. I love to research things, and knew that someday soon I would need to know how on earth we are going to get us some kids. So, I guess wears in the research/save money/talk about things stage. We plan to start TTC in 2015. 
    4. What's your job? I'm a high school special education teacher. I currently split my time between working with students with significant physical and cognitive disabilities, and students with emotional and behavioral challenges. Each group has its own charm and challenge. 
     5. Tell us about your SO, if you have one. How long have you been together? What's their job? Maybe give us a Myer-Briggs-like description. My love is a genderqueer scientist getting her PHD in something science-y. She is a INT(P/J), emphasis on the I. She is steady and kind and patient and forgiving. She laughs at my jokes, and steps around my messes and listens to me. We've been together almost 7 years and we will have a ceremony/party next fall to celebrate with our loved ones what we've known for years.
     6. Tell us your Myers-Briggs if you know it. ENF(J/P), emphasis on the E. 7. How old are you/age range? (this, like all ?'s, atre optional) Mid 20s. 

I am a little zany, a little impulsive, a lot story-teller. I love to make people laugh, and listen to people and answer questions. I love to teach people things. I love technology. I once helped strangers buy an iPad at an Apple store (note: never been an apple employee). I experience my feelings very intensely, and I wear my heart on my sleeve. I have PMDD, and once a month I get sad and lose part of my personality. I value honesty, and communication and compassion. I ask questions, even if they might seem obvious. I'm adorable, which covers many sins. 

Always? I love kids, I love babies, I am wired to nurture. It sounds hokey, but its the truth. 

Spending the 25th with the in-laws, then flying home for more festivities with my family of origin and my friends until the 2nd. Resting, relaxing, cuddling my sweetie and my cats.
    -----
    Impatiently waiting to TTC (2015)
    Me & Sweetie (both 27)
    Together for 7.5 years
    My uterus will house the baby
    January 2014 - I lost my right ovary and fallopian 
    tube to a 26cm tumor (non-cancerous, thankfully).  
    Symmetry is overrated, right?
  • Options

Over 2.5 years. 

2. Where do you live?
    Tri-Valley, Northern California

I am currently 21 weeks pregnant with our second son.  Kaden is 17 months old. I think we're done after 2 (but part of me dreams of IVF with my wife's eggs)...

We began TTC in December 2008. (4 at home in-seminations - BFNs; May 2009 - 1 IUI - BFN; Met with an RE had some tests done and took a break; March 2011- 1 IUI w/ a midwife at home and frozen door sperm - BFP.  M/C in June 2010 at 13.5 weeks (baby measured 10.5 weeks); 2 IUI's in September 2011 (separate cycles) - BFNs; Moved onto a Known Donor and fresh sperm - October 2011 - 4 ICI's performed at home by my wife - BFP. Kaden was born July 13th, 2012.
    Started TTC in August 2013 w/ same Known Donor - 3 ICI's at home performed by my wife - BFP. EDD 4/29/14

4. What's your job?
    I am a Stay At Home Mom, and Grad Student finishing my MBA (hopefully next semester). Previous to that I was a Buyer for a large corporation. I also worked for years for a non-profit.  I have another masters in Women's Spirituality from a college in San Francisco. I joke that my MBA needs to help pay for my first degree.

My SO is EV, we have know each other since freshman year of college, and have lived together since we were 22/23 years old.  We had a wedding ceremony 9.5 years ago and are planning on getting legally married before baby is born.

EV is a dynamic and creative person. She is loving and kind-hearted, truly values justice and hard work. She does everything creatively - rarely anything simply but I love it because it keeps life fresh and interesting. We've grown up together in many ways, traveled the world together and are now raising a family together - its been amazing to have my soul mate to share lifes journey with.  EV is also stubborn (as am I) and really smart - she is currently pursuing an masters in IT (Data analytics) she works for a software company.  

ENTJ - I have a true entrepreneurial spirit - I love all aspects of building an idea from the ground up.

7. How old are you/age range? (this, like all ?'s, are optional)
    36 (EV is 35)

I love experiences, I believe that having experiences is one of the most important factors in my life. Within that though I love "experiencing" life with my wife and now our son. From white water rafting, to rappeling, from sky diving to spelunking, I have loved having little bits of adventure.  Now adventure is going the park, or zoo with EV & K  - but still so much fun.  :-) Conversations with friends is one of my favorite past times, as is good food and a little pampering here and there (Taurus moon).  I would describe myself as: charismatic, kind, intuitive, spiritual, adventurous, silly and goal-oriented.  I value honesty, compassion and consciousness.  My family and friends are very important to me.  I read a "37 things to do before you die" Facebook post the other day and EV and I have done most of those things. I hope to continue to live for today with great family and friends.

I kind of always wanted to be a mom, I loved babysitting when I was a teenager.  I didn't however want to be a "young" mom, I wanted to feel totally ready to have kids. In March 2011 we went to family reunion (my family) and seeing EV play with my little cousin (we have very few kiddos in our fairly small extended family). It melted my heart, we got back home and I rushed into trying to make it for that cycle less than 2 weeks away.

10. And...what are you doing for the holidays next week?

EV's mom is now in N. California.  It's a little hard to deal with because of a long history. Sadly her mom has a rocky relationship with her 3 kids and almost none with her daughter (EV).  We haven't seen her in years.  EV might meet her for dinner on the 24th with her middle brother. I may consider going and bringing Kaden. But... its a situation where we have to have an exit strategy in case she's not doing as well as A (EV's brother) says.  Anyway - I hope whatever happens all goes well and this doesn't ruin EV's Christmas. 

On Christmas day we're hanging out at our home and then going to my sister-in-laws parents for dinner. Per my brother-in-laws request (he really wants us there). They are a little snotty, and hard to be around - but we'll manage.  This weekend is packed with many get togethers with friends. I think we have 4 different events on Sunday..

• Options
    Oops I forgot a pic (this one us from May - we're at our bank getting ready to buy a house a move to Roatan for a while... Thus our crazy expressions).
    (Not sure why it's upside down...)

• Options
    I think I started lurking around September 2012 and started posting around December 2012
    2. Where do you live? 
    Columbus, Ohio
    We are TTC-in the dreaded TWW
    4. What's your job?
    I do in home child care
    My wife is funny, caring and totally inappropriate.  I am lucky that my wife shows her true self to me and few others.  I get to see how caring she is and sensitive.  But due to abuse and trauma in her past she doesn't trust easily and can come across an ass to others.  We have been together for 4 years and married for 2 years.  She works for a large bank but wants to go to nursing school one day.
    I don't know
    I am 32 and my wife is 28, she is the first woman I dated and the first person I ever dated that was younger then me
    I believe that I am one of the most loyal people you will ever meet.  I have a hard time saying no to people and setting boundaries with my friends (and family).  I used to be very outgoing, but my wife has actually calmed me down quite a bit.  I enjoy staying home watching a movie more then going out in large crowds these days.  I am a very honest person, sometimes too much and even when it doesn't come out right I am trying to help others.  
    I have wanted to be a mom since I could remember.  I have older step siblings and became an aunt when I was 9 years old.  I remember taking my niece to my room to rock her to sleep because everyone was too loud in the living room.  I went to visit my grandma when I was probably 12, they ran a business out of their home and one of the women that worked for them just had a baby and was bringing him to work with her.  I spent the whole time playing with the baby instead of spending time with my grandma.  I literally cried when the baby went home.  I have always been drawn to children and will find any baby in a 5 mile radius and feed them, change them and put them to sleep :-)
    We do not have tons of plans this year.  We are having Christmas morning at my moms house.  That will be my mom, new husband #5, my sister (newly pregnant on accident) my wife and myself.  Great times!  lol.  Then my mom is hosting the big Christmas dinner also with my aunts and their husbands that live nearby.  I was somewhat getting over the fact that everyone is going to be obsessed about my sister being pregnant, then the whole Duck Dynasty thing happened.  Multiple people in my family posted many rants in support of the guy and the show.  I am annoyed and hurt by it.   So Christmas dinner should be lots of fun (NOT)
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    Super late to this game...

1. How long have you been on the bump? I think since 2008?
    2. Where do you live?  NYC
    3. What stage are you in - TTC, Pregnant, Parenting? Parenting 5 mo DS.
    4. What's your job? Professor
    My SO is a genderqueer butch, 42. We've been together for 16 years at the end of Jan. They are a behavior specialist with the teacher's union and former classroom teacher.

6. Tell us your Myers-Briggs if you know it. I'm an ENFP
    7. How old are you/age range? (this, like all ?'s, atre optional) I'm 36.
    8. Give us a paragraph describing you - maybe your personality, core values, what's most important to you in this lifetime, etc.  Generally, I'm a thoughtful, fun, crafty person. Family is important to me and doing good work.
    9. Why and when did you decide you wanted to be a mom? I've always wanted to raise a child.
    10. And...what are you doing for the holidays next week? Now that these have passed- we spent Xmas Eve and day with my parents at the Xmas Eve open house and our normal Xmas day dinner.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"