Secondary IF

Menstration for Dummies (or at least this dummy ;)

Alright ladies, I need some help trying to understand some stuff here.  Now that the holiday is over, I can start wrapping my mind around what went down at the RE's office.

During the internal exam, he said he saw a follicle with no egg-- later I was told it was about 15 mm.  So if he thinks I have PCOS and need Provera to jump start my cycle... where did the egg go from the follicle?  Follicles don't form without eggs, right? Did my uterus just eat it?

Re: Menstration for Dummies (or at least this dummy ;)

• I believe it's possible to have follicles without eggs when you have PCOS.
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• cerad5 said:
    I believe it's possible to have follicles without eggs when you have PCOS.
    Well, now isn't that just a cruel trick of nature?

Next question: if I start the provera and get my cycle, can I start charting?  Or should I give it a couple go 'rounds first?
  • Loading the player...
  • You can have a follicle without an egg in it.  Super common from my understanding. 

• Yes ma'am, I think that is actually the problem with PCOS they turn into cysts instead of eggs, and FTR it's very difficult for them to tell if they are looking at an egg or a cyst, they look so similar on U/S. I know it's possible for them to just be empty too- coming off an IVF cycle, I had 16 follies when I went in for retrieval, but only 8 had eggs in them. Womp Womp! I had no idea this could happen UNTIL I went in, so that was pretty upsetting :/ 

Have you decided to start your Provera or are you giving it a bit more time to see what happens this cycle?

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Have you decided to start your Provera or are you giving it a bit more time to see what happens this cycle?
    I go back and forth.  On one hand I really would like to try to do this as naturally as possible-- if I'm being completely honest I need to get my carb intake under control anyway.  

On the other hand, it's been three years since I've had a cycle.  I am starting to find myself in a really bad place, and I don't know if I can wait much longer. 

I am literally sitting at my desk with my bottle of Provera and a glass of water, just staring at it.  It's mocking me... grrr... 
  • and while I am asking newb questions, what does CD mean?  I cannot, for the life of me, come up with anything other than cloth diapering, haha.
  • and while I am asking newb questions, what does CD mean?  I cannot, for the life of me, come up with anything other than cloth diapering, haha.
    Cycle Day

There are a few of us on the board that are doing low carb right now (myself included) so we'll support your endeavors there as well :P 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes, I had multiple follicle that turned into cysts and it was painful :/ the follicles would develop with no egg every cycle then just hang around for a while while new ones developed and your body absorbs them eventually
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yes, I had multiple follicle that turned into cysts and it was painful :/ the follicles would develop with no egg every cycle then just hang around for a while while new ones developed and your body absorbs them eventually
    It was painful?  I've had a lot of discomfort in my pelvic area lately, and I can't figure out why.  Could it be a follicle turning into a cyst?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"