May 2014 Moms
Options

For moms 18+ weeks

From what I read baby starts to hear at this point. So if you do- What music do you play for him/he? What do they like? Do you sing to them?

It's a BOY

Re: For moms 18+ weeks

• Options
    None and no I don't sing to it. With DS he was exposed to whatever music I listened too and still he prefers country music, which is what I listen too 95% of the time.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've done classical music and country music because I love country :) but I don't do it a lot I feel silly sometimes. DH talks to my belly at night but that's about it.
    February Siggy Challenge May 2014: Favorite Wedding Photoimage
  • Options
    awc1986 said:
    I just learnt that my daughter loves gratuitous movie violence. We watched django unchained and she was going crazy in there whenever there was a shootout.
    We went and saw the second Hobbit movie and he started moving around a lot during the dragon scene!
  • Options
    I don't really know my fetus' musical preferences ;) but I just put an earbud in my belly button and turn on my iTunes playlist. I have a wide array of music on there, but I've also added some classical music.
    Lol in your belly button! That's a good idea

It's a BOY

• Options
    I just play lullabies for now. I listen to a lot of different types of techno and she was moving on the way to the doctors while I was listening to it. She seems to move more depending on what and how much I eat

It's a BOY

• Options
    My poor kid! I am one of those people who never stop singing. I sing while I clean and always in the car.
    I listen to all types of music (very little country. Never got into it) and play it for baby on my cell phone close to my belly. I do some classical, too. Hopefully, the baby will be well rounded musically.
  • Options

My poor kid. I'm a music teacher. I feel especially bad that she can hear on Thursdays when I teach 5 classes of third grade recorder!  Hahaha

So basically, I haven't played any music "on purpose", but she hears it all the time!

You are a strong woman being able to handle a class playing recorders, regardless of their age!

Charlotte Anne 12.11.11

photo Charlotte26_zpsbfd84c56.jpgimagephoto 592c0e08-308d-4747-a930-7e41b7f3287c_zps78dbfcc0.jpg

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    DH plays the piano for us almost every day. I sometimes practice my cello. We both sing quite a bit just in general, but DH is trying to teach her the lullaby his family has always used- so he sings that directly to the belly. Otherwise baby just gets exposed to all the random music we both listen to. No real preference shown to anything except DH playing the piano. Maybe because its quite loud and I put he belly right up to the soundbox so it vibrates a little too. :)
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Options
    DH plays the piano for us almost every day. I sometimes practice my cello. We both sing quite a bit just in general, but DH is trying to teach her the lullaby his family has always used- so he sings that directly to the belly. Otherwise baby just gets exposed to all the random music we both listen to. No real preference shown to anything except DH playing the piano. Maybe because its quite loud and I put he belly right up to the soundbox so it vibrates a little too. :)
    Man I wish I still played violin. That would be something that could benefit me and baby!!

It's a BOY

• Options
    candrew05candrew05 member
    edited December 2013
    I sing the lullaby "all thru the night" to baby everyday. I hope it helps calm him down the road.
  • Options
    She goes crazy for salsa music. I also listen to the same "sleep sounds" cd every night so maybe we can use that later on. She also loves the sound of her Papis voice and gives big kicks when he talks to her :)
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
  • Options
    Not exactly music but on the way to work in the mornings, I'm usually listening to talk radio. Baby girl starts practically doing flips whenever it's on. She's oddly quiet when I'm car singing- I don't blame her though. My car singing is pretty painful to listen to.
  • Options
    Lots of classic rock. Although today it was The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack. He may or may not be named after a certain character ;)
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    He hears a lot of NPR.
    11/10/10 The Kid
  • Options
    None and no I don't sing to it. With DS he was exposed to whatever music I listened too and still he prefers country music, which is what I listen too 95% of the time.
    This exactly.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"