Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

nap time trouble

Advice on how to get a 9 month down for a nap. She is ok going down for her first one but is really fussy for the 2nd one. She doesn't take a nuk and we have tried giving her a doll to sleep with. I am really not big in the cry out system. So any advice would be great.

Re: nap time trouble

• Options
    Try a blanket lovey and make sure she's tired enough and not over tired.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Try a blanket lovey and make sure she's tired enough and not over tired.
    My LO is only 6m but naptime got a whole lot easier when we introduced a lovey blanket (A&A muslin one) and was extra careful to follow sleepy cues so we wouldn't get to that overtired place.  If we try too soon, it doesn't go. We also keep the routine for naps the exact same. If he doesn't give in within 10 minutes then I know that I've missed the mark and I'm in for a battle. Sometimes even if I know he's overtired, I will take him out of his room, play with him for a bit and then re-start the routine. Routine is key for us. Book, quiet talking, lights out, sounds machine on, cuddle/rock, put down, give lovely/paci, rub back, kiss head, leave room. Pick up and repeat if he cries as many times as required. Sometimes he just needs us to hold him a wee bit longer. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Having a fishtank soother attached to the side of the crib really helped dd. She will play with it until she is tired enough to fall asleep. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"