May 2014 Moms

Anyone using proactiv??

My acne has really gotten out of control. I went to my derm and she gave my something safe to use and it hasn't been working at all. I was using some tea tree oil but I posted before about how I've been reading different things about the safety of it during pregnancy, so I put that on hold until I can chat with my OB about it (although that wasn't working wonders either..)

OB has said that benzoyl peroxide is fine and safe to use and I know that's the main ingredient in proactiv. Has anyone been using this during pregnancy and seen any success? I know it's such a small thing to complain about but it's just super annoying at this point. I figured I would ask before I order it and potentially waste my money. :)

Thanks ladies,

Hope you all had a great holiday!
February Siggy Challenge May 2014: Favorite Wedding Photoimage

Re: Anyone using proactiv??

• I'm using it...with no success. :((

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage

• I'm using it...with no success. :((
    Really? Noooo... this was my last beacon of hope! :( I'm tempted to get it and see but it's kinda pricey. I was on it once before a few years ago and I just remember I hated being charged every single month for it...I don't really remember if it worked well on my skin.
  • Loading the player...
  • It works well on my skin when I'm not pregnant, this time nothing is helping though. Sorry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage

• It works well on my skin when I'm not pregnant, this time nothing is helping though. Sorry.

Boo. Thanks though! I might just have to buy stock in cover up and deal until may ;)
  • I used it before I was pregnant, but haven't used it since I got my BFP.
  • I used the old Proactiv before my BFP and it did NOTHING for me.  I've always had acne issues.  During pregnancy I've been using Neutrogena Naturals face wash and Simple Brand moisturizer and I've surprisingly had limited break outs.  I know how you feel though!  Acne as an adult is miserable.
    All Welcome!
    Married 7-16-10; TTC since July 2011
    Me - 34; DH - 35
    Dx: Unexplained Azoo; all blood work normal (including chromosomal abnormality screens); no blockages; 2 SAs with zero sperm, TESA/TESE - no sperm found, likely never produced
    Therapeutic Donor Insemination - DONOR CHOSEN!!!!
    Natural Cycle IUI 9/3/13... 9/18/13 - BFP!!!!  Stick baby stick!
    Beta #1 9/19 (16dpiui) 144 hCG; 19.6 progesterone - Crinone to increase levels; Beta #2 9/23 (20dpiui) 705 hCG; 19.6 progesterone - continue Crinone; Beta #3 9/30 (27dpiui) 8355 hCG; 16.1 progesterone - continue Crinone
    U/S #1 10/8 Awesome ultrasound!  1 healthy, growing little bean.  H/R 128bpm, measuring 6 weeks, 6 days!; U/S #2 10/21 Just as awesome!  H/R 179bpm, measuring 8 weeks 6 days!; Surprise U/S #3 10/28 - still moving along!  Measuring 9 weeks 5 days; 12 week U/S & NT Scan 11/13/13: one wiggly, jumpy, kicking, punching, thumb sucking little bean!!!  Scan looks good, normal measurements.  :)  H/R 170 bpm; 12/11: Doppler registered H/R at 150 bpm; 12/20: Underlying Chronic Hypertension - Methyldopa to control BP; 1/2/2014 - It's a boy!!!!  Everything looks awesome!
    EDD - May 27, 2014
    BabyName Ticker
  • I use it...when I remember. It does seem to help when I can manage to use it consistently.
  • meck716 said:
    I used the old Proactiv before my BFP and it did NOTHING for me.  I've always had acne issues.  During pregnancy I've been using Neutrogena Naturals face wash and Simple Brand moisturizer and I've surprisingly had limited break outs.  I know how you feel though!  Acne as an adult is miserable.
    How is the Simple brand? I was looking into that, but I haven't heard to many reviews about it..
  • It never worked for me and I hated what it did to my towels, bed linens, shirt collars, and even my hair (yes, I had a Proactiv-bleached halo around my face).

Salicylic acid is the only thing that keeps my acne under control, and my OB approves.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• I've used it for several years and still do. I just use the cleanser and I do find that it works.
  • jenb_99 said:

It never worked for me and I hated what it did to my towels, bed linens, shirt collars, and even my hair (yes, I had a Proactiv-bleached halo around my face).

Salicylic acid is the only thing that keeps my acne under control, and my OB approves.

Yes I remember hating this too when I used it a few years ago....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"