November 2011 Moms

I can't wait until...

I love watching my boys grow and savor every moment of it, but there are times, that I can't wait until they are old enough to do some things on their own.

Right now, the whole family is going through a bout of a stomach bug.  I can't wait until the boys are old enough to tell me they are going to be sick and actually understand the concept of vomiting in a bucket or toilet.  I have done like 8 loads of laundry, and I still don't have any clean clothes or bed linens.  

Also, bath time gets to be such a battle with DS1 and DS2.  I can't wait until they are old enough to bathe themselves.  Though, I am sure it will still be a battle to get them to take a bath.  

What can't you wait until?  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I can't wait until...

• RedCamaroRedCamaro member
    edited December 2013
    For my 2 YO, I can't wait for him to talk more and communicate better than just crying/fussing about any and everything that displeases him.
    ETA: I can't wait until he's old enough to just let him play in the yard with his sister/neighbor kids and I don't have to watch him like a hawk all the time!

For my 6 YO, I don't know. She's at that age where she does lots on her own, but gives attitude about everything. That really takes the fun out of spending time with her. But of course she wants us to spend as much time with her as we do with DS. She doesn't understand that it's because we have to do everything for him. She's on her way to understanding though; I'm looking forward to age 8. But I'm sure once we get there, I won't like those challenges either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RedCamaro said:
    For my 2 YO, I can't wait for him to talk more and communicate better than just crying/fussing about any and everything that displeases him.

This is the same for me as well. Also, to understand the concept of time. I have to get DD up so much earlier in the mornings than is really necessary because she is so slow in the mornings and doesn't understand WE NEED TO HURRY OR MOMMY WILL BE LATE TO WORK!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm with you on the vomiting -- a couple of weeks ago, she was really stuffed and threw up phlegm 4 nights in a row --- let's just say, now we have really clean sheets! haha

• RedCamaro said:

This is the same for me as well. Also, to understand the concept of time. I have to get DD up so much earlier in the mornings than is really necessary because she is so slow in the mornings and doesn't understand WE NEED TO HURRY OR MOMMY WILL BE LATE TO WORK!
    My almost 4 yo still hasn't grasped the meaning of "hurry up!".  Some days I feel like I have the pokiest children in the world.  They think it is hilarious to run around half naked while I try to get them ready and they have to do everything themselves - "I do it myself, mama!".  I want to pull my hair out at least two mornings a week!
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I'm late to the party here but last night my girls (4 and 2) were able to spend forever in the bathtub playing with each other and over the last few months have really picked up their ability to play together for extended periods, today we sent them to the basement (finished) to play for a few minutes and the silence was heavenly.

On the other side, my 4y/o doesn't understand hurry, she can stare at the object she's looking for and still whine for help, and who knows how old a kid has to be before they can wash their own hair instead of telling me to be careful and not get water in her face.....  so it's going to be a path of ups and downs!
    5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

• I can't wait until DS sleeps better!  I don't think I have gotten 8 straight hours of sleep in over two years!

• My almost 4 yo still hasn't grasped the meaning of "hurry up!".  Some days I feel like I have the pokiest children in the world.  They think it is hilarious to run around half naked while I try to get them ready and they have to do everything themselves - "I do it myself, mama!".  I want to pull my hair out at least two mornings a week!
    Oh no, this is not what I wanted to hear! Lol. DD is the same way. It drives me crazy!
  • I can't wait until DS is communicating better & is potty trained or doesn't pee out of his diapers all.the.time.

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We have the same problem of peeing out the diaper.  We went to nighttime pull-ups, which works, but we still have problems during the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @smwiggle We might need to try that!

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"