LGBT Parenting
Options

Inlaws vent

Hello all. I really hope this doesn't sound as if I'm ungrateful, I don't intend for it to I'm just a little hurt and need to vent.

A and I have been together for 4 years. Up until April of this year I was not welcome in her parents home (super religious and all that). Our LO B is almost 3 months old. A has a niece and 2 nephews who are 10,12, & 13. I am B's bio mom and A is in the process of adopting her. So anyway we go to the inlaws for Christmas today and all open presents and all that fun stuff. Well her parents get B a little toy riding car thing (for ages 1-3 but that's beside the point). Anyway these cars are around $25 at toys r us. Her niece got a tablet from them
And her 2 nephews got an Xbox one. I realize B is still young but it bothers me they spent a ton on the other grand kids and just a little on B. I know there's not much a 3 month old can really play with, but dang they could have gotten her a zoo membership or put money in her college fund. My family has always been very fair where gifts are concerned. Maybe I'm just overreacting a little, I just feel like because she isn't biologically their grandchild she's always going to get the short end of the stick.

Re: Inlaws vent

• Options
    I can understand that being upsetting.  I would try and focus on the good and have your wife discuss it with her parents, if it continues.  I know this is difficult and it shouldn't be this way, but some people just don't get it.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    IMHO, I would be thankful that they gave a gift for baby. I don't think how much money was spent really matters. Gifts for babies tend to be cheaper than gifts for teens. I wouldn't dwell on it, enjoy the gift, and take it one year at a time. If it continues to be a problem every year I could see being upset about it. But after the first Christmas, I say give them a chance and don't get too worked up over it.
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"