Pregnant after 35

Weekly Check In!

So I'm completely new to running a check in but I'd like to try it and it seems that most of you would as well! Let me know if you think I should add any questions. I'm going to attempt to do this every Monday, hopefully toward the morning. I don't think I'm going to gather information in the initial post because I find it very hard to read through, particularly on mobile. I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone a little better! :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2) Age at delivery? (optional)

3) Any other children? Ages?

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week?

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?

QOTW: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you think your holiday celebrations will change with LO's arrival?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Weekly Check In!

• I'll start!

Due date is May 29. I'm 17w4d and baby is the size of an onion.

I am and will be 37 when I deliver this baby.

We have 1 daughter who is 17-months-old.

I'm actually finally starting to feel normal, but still really exhausted. I have even had moments where I forget I'm pregnant!

Next appointment is the anatomy scan on January 13th!! This week and last week I've felt movement, which is crazy to me. The first time around I didn't feel anything until 24 weeks (anterior placenta).

QOTW: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you think your holiday celebrations will change with LO's arrival?
    Well, my favorite thing in the past is that we always fix brunch Christmas morning before opening packages, and then just kind of nibble during package opening and take our time and enjoy every minute. I have a feeling that will be drastically changing in the next couple of years as our daughter realizes that presents are so much fun! On the other hand, I'm kind of looking forward to the kids waking us up at some horrible hour and ripping packages open and then playing with all the fun stuff the rest of the day!

Have a Merry Christmas ladies!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for organizing this gatewols!

1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?  5-20-14.   18 weeks, 6 days

2) Age at delivery? (optional)  41

3) Any other children? Ages?  Just furry ones

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week?  Tired.  The nausea is gone.  I've started feeling what I believe is movement, but it hasn't happened consistently enough for me to be sure.

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?   We had our A/S last week.  So much fun to see all the movement and all is well.  4 weeks until our next appt.

QOTW: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you think your holiday celebrations will change with LO's arrival?   We didn't have any really memorable traditions growing up, so the family holiday things that I'm most sentimental about are the special desserts we only have this time of year.   I'm looking forward to making new traditions and memories with little one.

Happy Holidays every one!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?
    April 12th, 24wks According to Baby Center (where I like the food/fruit analogies better)  baby is size of an ear of corn

2) Age at delivery? (optional) 36

3) Any other children? Ages? Just a 1.5 yo yellow lab furbaby

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? I am feeling fine/normal though everyone keeps asking me how I am feeling which makes me wonder if I am going to start to *not* feel good soon.  Or maybe it is just a standard question to ask expectant mothers.  New "symptom" this  week has been the duel kick/punch where I feel a kick on the left side of my stomach at the same time as a punch on the other.  HiiiiYAA!

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? Appt after new year, but nothing interesting.  Need to ask when they want to do my glucose test, which according to the lists are normally done around now, but she didn't mention it last time.

QOTW: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you think your holiday celebrations will change with LO's arrival?  growing up, we always celebrated christmas at my grandmothers, even if it meant arriving very late and well past our bedtimes on xmas eve.  My sister now like to have xmas morning at her own home for her own kids, but I can imagine my growing family heading to grandmas house we go in the years to come.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • CheezeFaceCheezeFace member
    edited December 2013
    My due date is August 11th, 2014.
    I'm 7 weeks.
    I have no idea how big the baby is.  A pea?  (I'm not ready to commit to a ticker yet.  Even if I could figure out how to make my siggy work)

I will be 39 when I deliver.

I have a 2yo son.

Just last night my exhaustion seemed to disappear.  Yay!  Let's hope it stays gone.  No other symptoms.

Had my 1st u/s last week.  Everything looked great.  Had my 1st appointment with my RE (she monitors me throughout the pregnancy).  We set up the Mat21 testing, the next 4 appointments with the OB, my GD tests (I had GD last time so I get tested early), a visit with the periontologist, etc…she is so thorough and called all the doctors while I was sitting in her office and set up my appointments for me.  THEN!!!  Get this, since I was her last appointment of the day, she let me take a nap on her couch for an hour!  So I could avoid rush hour during a snowstorm.  Plus, I looked like I had been run over by the baby truck.  I was so tired.

My Mom was just always great at building anticipation and finding the perfect gifts.  Even if it was something that I didn't know I wanted, she always managed to find the stuff that I loved.  Things have changed since having a baby because all the "stuff" - the decorations, the wrapping, the cookies, the tree - it is worth the hassle to me now.  
    ~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

Due date is April 3, I am 25 weeks. baby is size of a cauliflower

2) Age at delivery? (optional) 41

3) Any other children? Ages? First human child, we have two cats and one dog (all incredibly spoiled)

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? Feeling pretty good most of the time. Sleeping has been getting more difficult as it takes me 20 minutes to get comfortable. I also just started getting heartburn even from eating plain and simple foods. Not too bad but annoying.

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? Just found out that I passed my glucose tolerance test which makes me very happy! At my last appointment my doc had me schedule my next 7 appointments up until my due date. Crazy!

QOTW: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you think your holiday celebrations will change with LO's arrival? We have been mixing things up the last few years and have not really had a "traditional" Christmas Eve or Christmas. But I am really excited to start traditions of our own with LO. My family is coming to our house this year for Christmas Day which is a first for us to host, so maybe that will be the new Christmas Day tradition?

Merry Christmas to all you mamas!
    imageimagePregnancy Ticker
  •  

March 9, 2014, currently 29 weeks pregnant, I haven't checked the veggie scale lately I just know I have a basketball under my shirt now. LOL

I will be same age I am now, 36

This LO will be our first!

My entire pregnancy was smooth sailing until the last week and a half. Starting to feel the heaviness of the baby & simple tasks are getting harder & harder to do. My energy has slumped again and my mood swings have come back w/a vengence.

Next U/S is January 7 and follow up w/Doc is January 9. After that they say I will need to start going every 2 weeks to the doc since I am in my 3rd trimester.

My favorite holiday tradition is really just my mom's Christmas dinner. I can't imagine not having her homemade meal. However, next year w/little one DH is already pushing for us to have Christmas dinner at our house. I'm not sure how on board w/that I am considering if we had his immediate family alone over for dinner I would have to cook for 10 people. I have never cooked a holiday meal in my life & to do it for the first time while also taking care of a 9 month old is not something I'm sure I'll be up for. We will have to see.

Melissa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?  8/6, 7 w 5 d, blueberry

2) Age at delivery? (optional) 36

3) Any other children? Ages? Just fur babies.

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week?  Mostly just tired.  Mild nausea, mild boob soreness.

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? First midwife visit is Jan. 8

QOTW: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you think your holiday celebrations will change with LO's arrival?  I am too lazy and tired to answer this question right now.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
    edited December 2013
    - due March 20, 2014
    - 27w4d
    - baby sized? Heehee

2) Age at delivery?

- DD 12yo, DS almost 13 months

- feel fine, getting extra tired these days. Realized that I won't be able to do much standing at work in January. I normally have a desk job, but there's a couple days that I'll be walking around all day. Oy!

- next appointment is a checkup in 3 weeks. Will also have bi-weekly ultrasounds and weekly NSTs from here on out.
    - past pregnancies I have only worked to 28 weeks (w/DD put on bed rest) and 30 weeks (w/DS job too stressful). I'm going to 36/37 this time hopefully

- it's been changing the last few years. I'm not really into it. It's too commercial and too stressful.
    - we will just do what feels right year-to-year.

1/12/14.
    37w1d.
    I have no idea...

One furbaby, our six year old Boxer, Mollie.

I'm ready for this to be over.

Another ultrasound and my 38 week appointment on 12/29. Hopefully LO is born by then, though!

I'm looking forward to making my LO's birthday special every year!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks for doing the check in.

Happy holidays everyone!!!

1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? June 19. 14w4d. 2 nd tri!!!!!! Baby is is the size of a lemon

2) Age at delivery? (optional) 40

3) Any other children? Ages? Nope just furry ones. Lol

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? Feeling pretty good. Still bit tired and lazy but not all the time.

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? Next appt w OB on 12.30. Next US is 1.2

QOTW: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you think your holiday celebrations will change with LO's arrival? Right now don't have many traditions. Will start some that I had when I was young with our little one!!! Plus make some new ones.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?March 10th. 29 weeks. No clue

2) Age at delivery? (optional)40

3) Any other children? Ages? 2.5, 16, 18, 20, 22. 3 boys 2 girls

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? Tired all the time, partly due to the 2.5 yr old

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?Passed the 1 GTT, start every 2 weeks now

QOTW: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you think your holiday celebrations will change with LO's arrival? We have a huge meal and lots of food on the 24th and 25th i guess it's our tradition. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Ohhh, @iamkerryanne - I had lost track that you were so close to the finish line!   Congratulations and best wishes for a smooth delivery.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
    8/8/14
    blueberry

39 (but I still feel about 29, so I'm going with mental age instead :) )

Nope. FTM.

Not bad. I do have nausea that comes and goes and I am consistently pretty tired.

I have a f/u ultrasound on Friday. This week is my loss milestone (mmc discovered at 8 weeks in October 2012), and I am fervently hoping for continued good news on Friday. Getting past this week will be huge for this PgALer.

DH and I always go out for sushi on Christmas Eve, just the two of us. We normally order raw tuna poke (something we first ate on our honeymoon), but of course that won't be happening this year. I will order something cooked. Next year, we'd likely bring LO with us. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• QOTR said:
    Ohhh, @iamkerryanne - I had lost track that you were so close to the finish line!   Congratulations and best wishes for a smooth delivery.

Thank you, @QOTR!  It can't get here soon enough :)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Due Date:  August 6, 2014

Age at Delivery:  38 (but I look and feel a lot younger)

Age(s) of Children:  DS#1 3 years old, DD will be 1 this Sunday

How are you feeling:  Miserable.  Each pregnancy gets more and more difficult.  Currently have terrible headaches, morning (night) sickness, and lots of fatigue.  Have that I want to throw up feeling, but never can.

Next appt:  Jan 2.  Saw heartbeat on Monday.

Holiday Tradition:  Annual Christmas parade with the kids (preceded by (gag) Golden Corral for breakfast).  I have been able to limit GC to once a year by making this a tradition.  Also, DH and I make stockings a huge deal for each other....I love all the thoughtful gifts and gift cards.  We make rudolph pancakes for the kids on Xmas morning and read the story of Jesus' birth before bedtime on Christmas Eve.

• 1.) Due date=May 19, 2014. I am 19 weeks.

2.) Age at delivery will be 39.

3.) Ages of children: Daughter is 14 yrs, son is 3 yrs.

4.) How am I feeling? --Pretty good, so far. I
    quit two out of three of the jobs I work. I'm
    really not crazy; I'm a part time college
    teacher and was teaching at three different
    schools! Now looking forward to the new
    year and this new phase of life. Hoping all
    goes well at next month's anatomy scan. ..I
    keep stressing about that :p

5.) Next appointment: mid-January and it's
    that anatomy scan...
    6.) Holiday tradition: We all get Christmas
    PJ's. :) I make two kinds of casserole--ham
    and sausage--and we sit around eating them
    while we open presents. At some point
    tomorrow night we'll drive around and look
    at Christmas lights :)
  • QOTR said:
    Ohhh, @iamkerryanne - I had lost track that you were so close to the finish line!   Congratulations and best wishes for a smooth delivery.

Thank you, @QOTR!  It can't get here soon enough :)

@iamkerryanne - best wishes for this final stretch!  If your LO decides to hang on and keep baking a while longer, though, there is an upside in addition to being even more fully full-term (even though you are really ready to meet her on the outside!) - having a birthday too close to Christmas really kindof sucks, especially after childhood.  So if she can make it into January or at least more days past Christmas - you can guilt her about it later and tell her she owes you extra for holding on so that she will actually be able to celebrate 21st, 30th, etc. birthdays properly!  (my bday is Dec 24th and was, once again, crappy ... other than being pg on it for the first time which is of course exciting)
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
    5/7/2014  so 21 weeks today.  apparently that is the size of a pomegranate. 

just furbabies (cats) and boats (2 sea kayaks and dh's baby of this summer - a little old 15' trailerable sailboat)

heartburn past few weeks - and not from the "usual suspects" that articles always say to avoid.  It's worst after bland stuff like chicken.  Oh well.   New this week - very teary/overemotional in a very hormone-ish seeming way.   Hoping it was amplified by birthday funk and tiredness from travel and won't stay like this for 19 more weeks!  

Had AS a week ago and it was awesome - everything was good, which was such a relief, and the technology and how knowledgeable the sonographer is were both just so amazing.  Next appointment is a little over 2 weeks away and just regular check-in with midwife.  Going to finally buy some maternity clothes this week - at least that's the plan.  I guess that's a milestone?

Well - for the last few years the tradition has become to barely celebrate Christmas at all and to not do any gifts within the family.  So pretty sure that will change with LO's arrival or at least for her 2nd Christmas!  
    There are some aspects of my childhood Christmases I'd definitely like to hold on to/revive - only decorating the tree a few days before Christmas; having some sort of casserole or something like that for the meal instead of a big elaborate Thanksgiving-like feast; opening gifts together and one at a time with time to appreciate them rather than racing to tear into them all.  Also having fun with stocking stuffers, and doing the stockings in a way that made it really seem like Santa filled them (a different wrapping paper not used for any other gifts, and my mother always wrapped those gifts without having to use any tape, so I believed that the elves did it since regular people obviously need tape!)  Also I always had a stuffed animal (not wrapped) peeking out of the top of the stocking - would love to continue that tradition.
         Then again we may develop a tradition of going to visit dh's family in India at Christmas since it's always both a school and university vacation week or even 2 weeks and it's a time when the weather there is good.  We'll see.  
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?  edd 4/5, I'm 25 wks

3) Any other children? Ages? 4 boys: 15, 13, 12 and 10

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? Feel really good, get tired easily and the heartburn is a killer ;)  No new symptoms,  a few bh's every other day or so... all is good

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? apt Jan 14, another ultrasound... I'm contemplating refusing some of the upcoming ultrasounds, etc... we shall see.  I know my dr's office is conservative but I feel like some of the extra monitoring is a money grab...

QOTW: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you think your holiday celebrations will change with LO's arrival? Favorite tradition just watching the boys Christmas morning, no expected changes to our holidays except one more sweet face added to the bunch
  • 1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? March 16, 2014. 28 weeks; rutabaga (about 2.5 lbs). 

2) Age at delivery? (optional) 37

3) Any other children? Ages? Nope, this is our first.

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? Feel fairly good. Have some rib pain and other--I assume--quite typical aches and pains, but I've been really fortunate that pregnancy has overall been quite smooth.

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? After my next appointment, I'll start the every two week appointments! NUTS! 

QOTW: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Do you think your holiday celebrations will change with LO's arrival? These days it's the food :) but as a kid, I loved opening our stockings. Just fun, random gifts! Our holiday celebrations will definitely change with LOs arrival, as we're a generally lazy (why put up a tree when we're not here?) and traveling (we have been happy to travel to see nieces, nephews, and elderly relatives).

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

May 17, 19 weeks and 5 days technically (but baby was measuring 20 weeks already last week), Mango

3) Any other children? Ages? None

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? Back ache, occasional headache and recently, nausea - not sure what that's about

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? Next appointment is on NYE

In the past we've gone to visit my family for Christmas, but LO has already changed that because I didn't feel comfortable flying this year so we stayed home
    Me:PCOS, fibroids DH: no issues 
    TTC for 3 years. IVF #1 in Jan 12 - severe OHSS; miscarriage at 11 weeks
    2 myomectomies and 6 hysteroscopies in 2012 and 2013.
    FET in Aug 2013 BFP

• Thanks for doing this!!!

1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby? Aug. 6, 2014. I am 8w. Baby is a Blueberry!

2) Age at delivery? 36

3) Any other children? Ages? This is the 1st.

4) How are you feeling? New symptoms this week? My boobs are huge, they are giving away my secret!!! Hungry all the time and tired!

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves? Jan 6. We have our 2nd U/S with the RE and hopefully we graduate soon!

Right now we go to Parents house, both live in the same area about 30 min apart from each other! We have lunch in one house and dinner in the other!
    I don't think so, we would just spend the morning with LO at home and enjoy the opening christmas presents!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"