December 2013 Moms
Options

Stork bite?

So I realized today that the mark on DD's forehead and eye lids are likely stork bites. I thought the marks were from delivery since they are not dark but then noticed a much darker mark the back other neck. I plan to ask the dr on Thursday at her two week check up but does anyone have experience with them? Everything I read on Dr. google said they will fade with time.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: Stork bite?

• Options
    My daughter had them, can't remember exactly how long but they faded in a few months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have them, and both kids do also. Mine faded...you actually can't see them unless my face gets red. DD's have faded as well (she's 18 months), and DS' are less noticeable already at nearly a month old.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both myself and Mr.MM had one in the middle between our eyebrows and now so does Archer lol. Ours both faded and only show up when we're red in the face from something like crying or getting angry.
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Options
    My DD has one on the back of her neck by her hair line. She is 6 and I can still see it but I'm mom and know its there
  • Options
    Both my twins had them on their foreheads and on the back of their necks and they faded.  I don't remember how long it took.  
  • Options
    Ariella had a big one on her forehead that faded already and another on her eyelid which is starting to fade.
  • Options
    Ds2 had one on his forehead by his eyebrow and it took a good 6-9 months to fade completely.
  • Options
    My BIL's son had one on his eyelid. He is five now and it's completely disappeared
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • Options
    DS 1 had one on back of neck and ds2 has one on eyelid. With DS1 it completely faded within a year and only gets a little red when he has a temper tantrum, so I'm assuming the same will happen this time with DS2. The doctor said only a small percentage don't fade, and those can be laser removed if you really want them to be.
  • Options
    I asked the dr today and he said they will fade and not to worry about them. DD's are pretty light to start with so hopefully they disappear quick.

Thanks for the responses everyone :)
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"