Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Growth spurt? 4 mo wakeful? teething?

I also posted this on the breastfeeding board but I'm really looking for some input :)

So I'm a STM and I'm not sure if this is the 4 month wakeful period, a growth spurt or teething (if anyone has a magic way of telling please let me know!). DS is about 18 weeks old and for the last 4 days he hasn't been napping well and has been up several times in the night and has increased his MOTN feedings. He was nursing around 7pm right before bed and waking around 2 or 3 then would be back down until 6:30 or 7am. Now I seem to be back to nursing every three hours overnight. I'm wondering how long I can expect this to last? Any tips?

Re: Growth spurt? 4 mo wakeful? teething?

• Options
    Could be any of the above. Give him the extra nursing sessions and snuggles he requires. It'll pass. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We went through the same thing recently and it lasted for a little over a week. At that time DS was up every 2-3 hours. Now he is up just once a night usually. I had to just remind myself that this too shall pass, and on those really rough nights I would just keep thinking about how he isn't going to need me like this forever. So just soak up those extra cuddles and the precious one on one time you have. Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh good!  Last night was a little better and I can handle two weeks worth of this.  That's not bad.  I do think he is teething becauses he had NEVER has an issue with diaper rash and he woke up this morning with a super red little bum :(
  • Options
    We had about a month of it. Last night was the first time I slept more than an hour at a time in a long time. I danced this morning, no lie. It was rough. Get help, take deep breaths and know that it WILL pass. I was definitely starting to question that last part. 

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • Options

Could be any of the above. Give him the extra nursing sessions and snuggles he requires. It'll pass. 

Just perfect
  • Options
    This just started for us 3 nights ago. My son won't let me put him down during the night. The moment I set him down or lay down myself he wakes up screaming. I'm so tired!
  • Options

ILMomma said:

This just started for us 3 nights ago. My son won't let me put him down during the night. The moment I set him down or lay down myself he wakes up screaming. I'm so tired!

@ILMomma read up on safe bed sharing. It will save your sanity.

After seeing ur response i looked it up and im already doing everything they say i should do and not doing what they say not to do. Last night he finally let me put him down. I dont know if he had a bug or something. He normally sleeps right next to me fine. Am i still doing something wrong? It has worked for us up until friday night. Im a FTM so im always open to advice and suggestions!

• Options

Could he be congested? Mine sleeps better when she's congested if her head is up on my arm, so she's inclined just a little. Or, it could just be a spurt of some kind. Everytime you think you have them figured out, they change it up on you.

He doesnt seem congested. Im thinking its a growth spurt with possibly a little bug. I keep telling my husband it will pass. Thanks for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"