Illinois Babies
Options

Goodwill Score!

I just posted this in my monthly board, but thought that I should pass it along to local moms.  I heard that I should look for maternity clothes at my local Goodwill store so I went yesterday to see what they had.  Not really expecting much, I was amazed with how much I found!  There was a whole rack of cute stuff with the tags still on most of the clothing!  It was mostly from Target, their Liz Lange collection.  I got 3 maxi dresses (2 long, 1 short,) 1 pair of cute boyfriend cut jean capris, 1 pair of khakis, 3 pairs of shorts and 2 bathing suits.  Yes, most of that I'm not going to be able to use here in Chicago, haha!  But I am heading to Florida over Christmas break and was wondering what I would wear so I am set!!  And I think I will be able to wear a couple of the maxi dresses with boots and sweaters or jackets when the weather is a little warmer.  So overall I think it was a great score!  :  )  Don't know if Target always donates their out of season stuff, but from now on I am going to keep an eye out!  

By the way, I am in the Chicago burbs.  This store is the newer one in Downers Grove (next to the Trader Joes.)   

Re: Goodwill Score!

• Options
    That store is good. Goodwill actually purchases stuff from Target. I thought Target was super nice until I found out they sell it to Goodwill :)
  • Options
    I got the same haul at the Goodwill in Lake Zurich! Not as much as you - 2 short dresses (maxi dresses are terrible on me), 2 pairs of jeans, and a couple of cute shirts. Most of the stuff still had tags on it! I was tempted by a pair of dress pants but I never wear dress pants... 

I'm going to be huge in June/July so I'm very looking forward to the dresses... soooo comfy... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow! That sounds amazing. I've been thinking of stopping by a thrift store to check out their baby clothes selection. My sister keeps finding really adorable things for her baby. 

Dumb question: Does Goodwill have a Maternity section? Or is it all mixed in with general women's clothing? 

• Options
    The Goodwill closest to me (Orland Park or is it Tinley Park?), has a separate maternity section. It is VERY small.  However, the Goodwill stores in southern Wisconsin are rockin!  The maternity sections are huge.  Of course, now that I need maternity clothes, they'll have nothing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"