Nurseries and Baby Gear

Help--must buy stroller, freaking out

Been watching too much Peg+Cat and I'm totally freaking out...

Anyway, my baby is not going to fit in her carseat/snapngo through the end of the month, I think.  Almost everyday, I hike, walk in the snow, and take the stroller indoors too--and so I was all set to buy the City Mini GT as my only stroller...  Then I saw a comparison review between the City Mini and the B-agile that listed a bunch of reasons with the B-agile was better, and my friend loves her B-agile and really thinks I should get one...  So then I thought, maybe I should get a Bob for hiking and a B-agile for indoors.  I really do not want to spend this much, but I have been looking for a used Bob for months without luck.  So my questions are:
1) Could I hike and walk through snow and be fine with a City Mini GT, or would I regret not having a Bob?
2) If I bought a Bob as my main stroller, is there a less expensive stroller I would enjoy taking to doctor appointments, etc.
3) Any insight on accessories?  How much would I end up spending on critical accessories for any of these?

Thanks!

Re: Help--must buy stroller, freaking out

• I have a GT and use it exclusively. I have a dog and walk her with the GT and have never come across a situation where I wished for a different stroller.
    We got the rain cover and belly bar. I also got a parent consol to use in the summer when I wear skirts.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • double check the max weight each can take if you intend to use for prolonged time. Really like my GT; a friend really likes her purple Bob. Starting with the 9 month appt, we stiopped bringing LO in the stroller (carrying instead) because they won't fit in the drs office patient rooms & LO prefers having her dad carry her.

No experience with snow. I am assuming you have tried lifting both as if you'd need to when placing in car. Either way, both will take up most of a compact SUVs back storage area. GT also fits in the passenger leg well when tires are popped off.

Oh, and if you go with the GT, you may stil be able to find them onsale on Amazon since they were workung on cleating them out for next year's model. Also you may be able to get a 2nd hand Bob through Craigs List if you later deem it needed.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We have b agile and its worked well for us.  lugged it thru snow, beach, hiking trails.  its not the greatest in these situations, but i like how small and easy it is for shopping etc.  so far we've made due with only one stroller.
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Oh and the GT takes up half the trunk in my car ( it's the same size as the pasat) and I can get it in and out easily. I got it when I had number 2 for my toddler while wearing number 2 so it had to be easy to get in the car etc.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • have also heard the city mini seat covers are easy to remove /wash. Assumee this carried over to the GT. No clue about Bob.
  • If I was intending on hiking and going through snow with a stroller, I would get a bob. You could also get a umbrella stroller for tight spaces. My sister has a first years ignite that she highly recommends. It is only $60 or so.
  • kmc84kmc84 member
    edited December 2013
    Get a BOB Revolution SE. You will not be sorry! It's fantastic and I know several people who use it as their only stroller and they love it!!! I <3 BOB!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • sorry that we are not much help :( I think this goes to show that you'll be happy with either, or both. ;-)
  • @brachysira Another poster told me that Amazon is giving a $40 gift card starting today for Baby Jogger strollers. That's a steal.

I have the CM and love it to pieces. The new GT tires should handle some snow, but as pp said, no jogging with it.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• If I was intending on hiking and going through snow with a stroller, I would get a bob. You could also get a umbrella stroller for tight spaces. My sister has a first years ignite that she highly recommends. It is only $60 or so.
    This.  For the kind of terrain you are talking about, nothing will compare to a BOB.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • I disagree that the B Agile is better than the City MIni.  I was set on getting the B Agile because it seemed to be similar to the City Mini in everyway except for the price tag.  The B Agile is less expensive and since it was so similar I was going to get that....until I tested it in store.  I tested the B Agile with both my kids and that thing was a pain in the butt to maneuver.  If you're going straight it's not problem but if you need to turn it takes some serious muscle power.  It's easy to move when it's empty but not so much when there is an actual child in it.  I then tested both of my kids in the City Mini and there was such a huge difference.  I can maneuver the City Mini very easily with one hand with my toddler in it which is important so my other hand is free to hang on to my other kid.

Amazon currently has the City Mini GT on sale right now for $250 (normally $350 - $100 off). 

imageimageimageimage
  • My friend has a b-agile and I have a BOB.  When we go out for walks I don't even slow for curbs and such and she has to stop and us her hands and feet to help the stroller over the curb.  I find it incredibly annoying, and I'm not even the one pushing the stroller!

Our BOB works for off road hiking, with steep hills and rocks and jumping over tree roots etc.  We got the fixed front wheel, so it's not ideal for shopping but we've used it fine in malls and grocery stores.  The spinny wheel one would be a good compromise for indoor and outdoor use.

Why don't you borrow your friends B-Agile stroller and take it for a spin in the way you would use it (even if you don't have a baby).  Is it working for what you need it to work for?  Most people will love or hate their stroller but it is a very biased opinion based on their needs and wants and that info won't help you much! 

• FmrAFBratFmrAFBrat member
    edited December 2013
    ebp913 said:

If I was intending on hiking and going through snow with a stroller, I would get a bob. You could also get a umbrella stroller for tight spaces. My sister has a first years ignite that she highly recommends. It is only $60 or so.

This.  For the kind of terrain you are talking about, nothing will compare to a BOB.  

I agree. I do have a friend who hikes a lot and she loves her Schwinn Jogger. I think it's less expensive than the BOB. I think you're going to need 2 strollers to do everything you want & need.

Edit here it is:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002QDMQ4C/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1387381706&sr=1-1

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • I have a GT for outdoors and a Chicco Liteway for indoors/tighter spaces.
  • I hate foam handles, which the Britax has. CM has a rubbery handle which is much nicer. I can't answer about the hiking, sorry.
    photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"