Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Pack n play with napper

If you used the pack n play with the infant napper/ bassinet for your baby to sleep in at first, when did you transition to the parts under that?  Did you start with the part that hangs from the netting? Is that skinny mattress it comes with really enough support or did you put another mattress in there?  Do you put your baby on one side or more in the middle?  Any tips for the transition?   How long did it take your baby to get used to it and sleep well?  My daughter is 4 months old and I still haven't moved her out of the bassinet thing because I'm worried that she's used to the plushness of it and she already hasn't been sleeping well since she's been congested for the past month.  When did you switch from the netting to the main part? Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Pack n play with napper

• Options
    Don't add a mattress. First page of PNP manual says this is an entrapment/suffocation hazard since the sides of PNP are soft and flexible.

The max weight on top netted part of PNP is 15 pounds.

By the time my LO reached 14 pounds he seemed pretty uncomfortable in PNP so we switched to crib and he immediately started sleeping better.

My guy transitioned from swaddled to no swaddle, RNP to PNP and PNP to crib without any issue. Every baby is different though. You never know until you try.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Transitioned at 3 months with no issues but went into a summerland co-sleeper bassinet placed inside the crib because I was also worried he was used to that snuggly plushness of it. But he transitioned well. I wanted him to get used to his room and the surroundings. Then by the time he was 4m old we tried the crib and he had no issue transitioning. It's a good thing we did because not long after that he started rolling (and sleeping better through the night) I think I've read that by 4months they start to get used to their sleeping pace and it's harder to transition out... Agreed with pp, you never know until you try so just give it a go. If you are going to a crib eventually, I would just do it sooner than later (or wherever will be baby's final resting spot) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"