Caribbean Babies
Options

Let the Christmas guilt-tripping start!

Every Christmas, I deal with this.

DD's Dad and I trade Xmas Eve/Day every year. This year, he has her for Eve, and I'll have her for Day.

My Mom is hosting her side Xmas Eve.
So is S/O's moms.
Then theres my Dad's side.
Then my Mom wants a time where it's just me/DD/my brother/S/O only. 
So does my Dad.

My brother and I have told our parents it's just impossible for this to happen 'perfectly' every year. There's DD's schedule, my work schedule, my brother works 2 jobs, and S/O. My Dad is pouting because he's not getting 'a whole day' with us, even though he acknowledges it's too difficult to do, unless we do it a weekend after Xmas or something.

My brother works Xmas Eve and I'm only going to S/O's side, so my Mom is bummed that she won't see us then. But, we're going over there for dinner on Christmas Day when I have DD. That's not good enough apparently.

We're going to our Dad's Thursday night for dinner, but Dad doesn't like that because S/O and I won't get there till 5pm because we work. My brother is going there all day w/DD to pacify him a little.

I get guilt tripped every year and I hate it.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Let the Christmas guilt-tripping start!

• Options

I've told them that DD has her Dads side that loves her just as much, I don't pout when I don't have her for some holidays, because she's enjoying it either way.

S/O shouldn't have to cut his family time short just to pacify my Mom, when we are going to see her the very next day, and my Dad the day after. This arrangement should be making everyone happy.

ARGHHH!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    Yay! This is why Christmas stinks sometimes. So many unreasonable expectations.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The other day my Mom sent out a family e-mail trying to figure out who's bringing what food that night (this is common, our family is huuuuge).

But, she sent it to me and my brother even though she knows we can't come and wrote, 'I know you two can't come, just sending this to you anyway =['.

It's like, why would you do that? WE don't need to know whose bringing which food, you just wanted to let everyone know that your kids are such assholes and can't come. Sorry your son works two jobs and ones a night shift. Sorry my S/O works all day. Sorry I don't want to rush through 2 families in one night.

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    Aww, that sucks Teal. I feel your pain. My MIL guilt tripped on me huge time this year when I told her that staying with us for a whole week (my entire Christmas vacation, no less) was too much company for me since I get so tired easily. She emailed me back and said maybe she wouldn't come at all then. I might have had a pregnant lady meltdown over it.
  • Options
    Ugh, sorry Teal.  DH and I run our buns off from the start of Christmas Eve through Christmas night to see everyone.  Next year when LO is here, though, things will be much different.  We'll go a couple places, but other than that if people want to see us they can come to our house to visit.  I know there will be guilt trips galore, but it's not fun for a LO to be hauled around all Christmas long.  They'll get over it... I think.
    This is K's 3rd Christmas and people still aren't over it lol Sorry to burst your bubble but the guilt trip will be even worse once there is a LO in the picture. I put my foot down last year and said Christmas Eve we will do my parents and DHs but we refuse to go anywhere Christmas Day. That's for K to spend at home with all his new toys. My mom is still pissed about it, and my grandmother cried. But they'll get over it eventually and in the meant time they can talk about what a bitch I am
    My parents did something similar after they had 3 kids.  They told my grandparents they weren't going anywhere Christmas day, it was just too much work.  The first year I guess we spent alone but after that the grandparents came to us. :)

I feel really bad for you guys that have to go to all sorts of different places on one holiday.  I remember for Thanksgiving people on my BMB were saying they had to go to 4 different places.  If you enjoy that, that's one thing but holy shit that sounds exhausting!
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"