August 2012 Moms

Puke in the car seat

We got a tummy bug in our house and our convertible car seat has taken a hit.

My car reeks. Please help!

Re: Puke in the car seat

• DD puked in her car seat 5 times from the sitter to the doctor to home when she had this bug. I was able to take off and clean the Next Fit cover by following the directions in the manual.

I hope your LO feels better quickly!

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • My cover came off though it wasn't easy. I washed it and then put it back on. As for the smell in the car, if you can leave the windows cracked for a couple of days and spray some Lysol and it should air out. Puke in the car is no fun!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This happened to us last week!

First off I'm so sorry! 

We were able to take off the car seat cover & wash. Then we had to take a toothbrush & scrub out the buckles & nooks & such. 

For the car we used Clorox wipes then scrubbed with laundry detergent & left the windows down over night to air it out. 
  • Thanks ladies. Our Safety 1st doesn't come apart. Luckily I had him in his poncho so it missed a lot of the seat. I just used Lysol and a dry cleaner spray with some dryer sheets in my car since it's wet and rainy here in CT so no go for open windows. He was fine all day yesterday and today, then puke again at dinner tonight. Sounds like what @shelbelleh was dealing with. It blows. Bye bye Christmas Eve plans! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"