December 2012 Moms

How dare they steal the name I picked for my non-existent baby!!

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: How dare they steal the name I picked for my non-existent baby!!

• Congrats to your cousin and his wife! :) LOL I wouldn't worry too much about the name.....I think I'd feel weird using a name one of my sisters or SILs also picked, but I think cousins are far enough removed....I dunno. I say you can still use it if you have a boy one day. :)
  • I can permanently loan you the name we didn't go with - Melandra. (mix of Melissa & Andrea when friends offered up their own names as ideas for my LO. Make it into a boys name - Melandre ;)

Congratulations to your cousin! Great minds think alike!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • This makes me think of the episode of sex and the city where the old friend steals charlotte's non-existent baby name. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congrats on the new family member!

I actually was with my pregnant cousin last night, and kind of wanted to be like, "you're not thinking of X or Y, are you, since those are our choices of the next ones a boy," but then decided that it sounded like I was cra-cra. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• When my friend was still pregnant with her DS her and her DH were discussing names, and one of them was our name for DD is she had been a boy (and the time for this LO if its a boy) and I told her I would still use that name even if she did lol. They ended up going with a different name (not because of us though, promise!)

I personally won't repeat names that family has chosen. I like the name of one of my second cousin's boys, but even though we don't see them a ton, I still wouldn't use the name. Idk, that's just me. I feel like my family would be like "You couldn't come up with another name?"
  • Lol at the Sex and the City reference, I thought of that, too! I think it depends on how close you are w/this family member. For example, I have cousins that i see maybe once every three years, so in my mind, it wouldn't be a big deal for two kids to have the same name at functions every couple years at a wedding or something.
    photo 9de7615e-e1c7-4dc7-be37-5cc4c9e4e703_zpse37bbba7.jpg AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"