October 2012 Moms

Sunday Spam

Yesterday we traveled to Massachusetts with my parents, siblings, and BIL to visit my grandfather. It was nice to see him and bring him his Christmas gifts. He use to come to Christmas every year at my parents, but now he can't. He has alzheimers and sometimes it makes me sad that Elijah won't know the man that I did.

Today we are hanging out at home. Cleaning, doing the last of the wrapping, and getting ready to travel on Tuesday.

What are you ladies up to today?

Re: Sunday Spam

• I'm here although I haven't been posting for awhile. We are having steak and lobster for Christmas dinner so we have to go get the steaks today and something else but I can't remember. My husband has to build my stepsons Santa gift which is an air hockey table.
  • Ugh, I ordered my SILs gift from groupon and had it sent straight to my ILs.  Last night when we got there I opened it and they had sent the wrong thing!! I'm going to return it, but they can't replace it with what I ordered, just refund my money.  So I had to go buy it off amazon for $12 more, luckily I checked when I did, I had 42 minutes left before it wouldn't get here before Christmas.  Now I have to go drop it off at the post office...grrr...just more hassle. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, I ordered my SILs gift from groupon and had it sent straight to my ILs.  Last night when we got there I opened it and they had sent the wrong thing!! I'm going to return it, but they can't replace it with what I ordered, just refund my money.  So I had to go buy it off amazon for $12 more, luckily I checked when I did, I had 42 minutes left before it wouldn't get here before Christmas.  Now I have to go drop it off at the post office...grrr...just more hassle. 
    My snapfish order of all the photos of Elijah for the grandparents is scheduled to arrive Monday at the earliest and we are leaving Tuesday morning for Christmas. I really hope it shows up Monday or I don't know what I am going to do.
  • Just baking today and laundry, lots and lots of laundry. :)

• Santa pictures! My kid is totally going to be the kid that screams. I can feel it.

• Made 2 kinds of cookies with ds1. Everybody is resting now. Dh is listening to football. My sister gets in tomorrow.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Grumpy and tired today, going to bed now and hoping so hard for a good night. Good nights are in short supply in this house and we've got a crazy-busy day tomorrow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, she didn't scream. She just kind of sat there.... Couldn't get her to smile. This was the only shot they got that she didn't have her hands in her mouth.

• RVASC811 said:
    Guise, important question: would you have made your H pull over for 5 mins if you realized he had twisted the car seat straps all up?
    Yes
    Vindication! Thanks, Laura and steph. It actually opened a good car seat safety conversation, after we stopped and he called me paranoid. Mind you, we are on the interstate...
    holy cow yes! especially on the interstate.  

• RVASC811 said:

LauraT25 said:

RVASC811 said:

Guise, important question: would you have made your H pull over for 5 mins if you realized he had twisted the car seat straps all up?

Yes
    Vindication! Thanks, Laura and steph. It actually opened a good car seat safety conversation, after we stopped and he called me paranoid. Mind you, we are on the interstate...

holy cow yes! especially on the interstate.  

absolutely.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Going to see my nieces in their church christmas program. Made homemade pizza in my mom's electric skillet. Tasted like my childhood. :)

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Yup Dh was going to take the younger 2 to the grocery store til his morning and I wouldn't let him because I didn't have time to check the state of the car seat straps in his car. He twists them ever time he puts a kid on there and just doesn't care. Drives me nuts.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • My husband got annoyed with me because I insisted she be rear facing in her carseat on the plane. Why don't guys understand these things and that we are not super paranoid mom's just good mom's!?
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Holy cow I just bought 5 more things with Amazon prime for Christmas.
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• @piffle42 how cool
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• @piffle42 that's freaking awesome!!!

• stephcarterstephcarter member
    edited December 2013
    chricast said:

Holy cow I just bought 5 more things with Amazon prime for Christmas.

I tried to order scotch tape pop up refills and they're out of stock. :(

• @stephcarter I opened my gift wrapping box last night to start wrapping gifts and found my pop up tape dispenser and realized I also had no refills. Although I forgot I had that dispenser and bought regular tape at Target yesterday morning.

PS did everyone know target was giving everyone 10% off because of the whole scandal.
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• piffle42 said:

DS went to the office where we live today because I was expecting a package yesterday. He brought back a long slim package that was definitely not what I was waiting for (which ended up being in our mailbox but I wasn't sure if it would fit)

The label on the front had the packing slip underneath. I pulled it out and then slip said it was a case of diapers. I had ordered diapers and received them last week.

I opened the box and there was a pogo stick inside. I called Amazon and they told me to keep it. Merry early Christmas DS!

If it is a barbie pogo stick then send it here. Dd asked Santa for one. And we didn't find one so might be a bit disappointed.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • chricast said:
    @stephcarter I opened my gift wrapping box last night to start wrapping gifts and found my pop up tape dispenser and realized I also had no refills. Although I forgot I had that dispenser and bought regular tape at Target yesterday morning. PS did everyone know target was giving everyone 10% off because of the whole scandal.
    i got some regular tape at target too :) couldn't find pop up refills there either! 

i got an email about that 10%, that was pretty nice of them!

• @brookethecat I want a lemon tree! I love cooking with fresh lemons!
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Get one @chricast! I love lemons, I buy a bag at least once a week from produce junction. I suck with plants though so I don't think I could grow a tree

• Wahoo @bandeddie!!!
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• @BandEddie i know exactly what you mean. The place we just bought needs to be completely remodeled and we have a bunch of work to do here at our townhouse before we can rent it out. Houses that need love are the best kind. You can make them exactly what YOU want. Check out Houzz. TONS of ideas :)

• @bandeddie Fingers crossed that all goes well! Good luck!

• BandEddie said:
    @bandeddie Fingers crossed that all goes well! Good luck!
    Thanks! The offer is over to the agent. Not sure when she's presenting it to the client. I'm hoping we will here tonight because I'd REALLY like to sleep tonight. Last night I managed 3 hours. Whoopsie. 
    so exciting! When we put an offer down on our dream home, I didn't sleep for the whole 72 hours until we heard that it was accepted. Fingers crossed you hear soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"