September 2013 Moms

Clothing under sleepsack

If you use a sleepsack, what kind is it (cotton, fleece, etc), what temp is the room, and what does your baby wear under it?

Right now we have her in a microfleece one in a long sleeve onesie with a muslin blanket wrapped around her torso/ legs on the outside. I'm wondering if I should put her in a sleeper in it with no blanket, or if it would be too warm.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clothing under sleepsack

• My DD is a very warm sleeper. She still gets swaddled in a fleece swaddler with a short sleeve onsie. She sweats even in that :/ I figured out a way to pin her arms so she can't break out in the muslin blanket so she's in that tonight. We keep it between 68-70
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • I have been dressing my DS in a Colton sleeper and then a cotton halo swaddle sleep sack. His room is usually 68-70, he sometimes seems warm, but not always.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We use microfleece sleep sack and I dress himin microfleece or cotton sleep and plays. He tends to get cold at night despite keeping the room temp at 70-72, so this keeps him warm enough without sweating.
    TTC #1 Since Oct 2011
    BFP #1 4/29/12 m/c 5/18/12 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/28/12 EDD 5/10/13 MC 9/22/12 at 6w4d
    BFP #3 12/31/12 EDD 9/12/13

Me Dx: DOR   DH: all tests normal
    Our Pretty Little Nest Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We use a microfleece sleep sack with a cotton sleeper under it, but only when it's really cold. Right now since it's warner outside we are just using a cotton sleeper with a muslin blanket on top. LO hates being too hot so we tend to dress her on the lighter side. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• We use a long sleeve cotton sleeper under the microfleece sleep sack. It's cold here but a fleece sleeper and fleece sleep sack made her too hot!

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Maybe I'll try the cotton sleeper tonight with no blanket. I just get so worried that she's going to overheat, but she kicks around so much that the muslin blanket around her legs/torso just ends up a mess.

• CDMay2006CDMay2006 member
    edited December 2013
    Or house is around 65 overnight. He usually wear s one of the following combinations under his fleece swaddle sleep sack:
    ls onesie + pants
    ls onesie + cotton sleep gown
    ss onesie + light fleece sleeper
    footed cotton sleeper
    When it was super cold, we added a layer. I usually use the guide of adding a layer to what i am wearing/using overnight, considering the sleep sack to be a blanket.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • We use a fleece sleepsack with nothing underneath it and our house is around 67.  If it is going to be a hot night, i will put her in lightweight footed PJs.

• We keep it around 70 in our house and she usually wears a short or long-sleeved onesie with either a fleece swaddler or a cotton swaddler with a blanket tucked around her legs and waist. 
  • DS sleeps in a long sleeve cotton gown and a fleece Halo sleepsack. Lately we've been keeping the thermostat at 70 degrees.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Our house is about 71-72 degrees. We have our little one in a footed cotton sleeper (pajamas?), and a cotton sleeveless Halo sleepsack. Seems to keep her warm enough without overheating. 
  • We use a microfleece halo sleepsack.  We usually put her in a cotton sleeper as she sometimes wiggles her arms out of the swaddle and her arms would get cold.  Sometimes we just use a long sleeved onesie.  Just as long as her arms are covered with clothes, she's good.
  • His room is usually around 70 degrees, if we put a cotton sleeper on him, he wears a microfleece sleep sack, if we put a fleece sleeper on him, he wears a thin muslin or cotton sleep sack. He seems very content in that.
    BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13-great scan measuring 4 days ahead, A/S 4/29/13-another great scan can't wait to meet my baby BOY!!!!!
    My Blog

My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PgAL/PAL Welcome

• Our thermostat is set at 73 and DD wears short sleeve onesie under a long sleeve micro fleece sleep sack. The last couple nights I've noticed her legs are just a little chilly when I change her in the motn, but everything else is nice and warm and she seems content.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"