Secondary IF

NSIFR: Toddler beds?

Couple questions:

1.) when did you move LO out of his or her crib?

2.) Did you do a toddler bed or go straight to a twin?

3.) What would you do differently or would you??

I'm going to have to face the music on this eventually. Our floors are not carpet and it scares me. Right now DS shows no interest in climbing out of his crib but, I know he has the ability. He sometimes attempts to climb in the crib (I guess that's not the worst case scenario) He will be 2 next month. I have been warned by others that once the crib goes away nap time ceased to exist!!

TIA

(p.s. I hope you ladies don't mind me asking this but, I figured it was okay since we all have kiddos) :)

Me: 27 DH: 33
Married 6 years
Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
No longer benched per New RE/OB!
Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
March 2, 2014 First AF

Re: NSIFR: Toddler beds?

• We kept him in the crib until he began to climb out. We packed the bed away and bought him a full-sized mattress which we put on the floor. As he gets older we'll buy him a bed set (maybe when we get a house with more bedrooms or finally get another baby!!). For now, he does well with the double. He's flanked by the end of a dresser on one side and we put big old pillows on the floor on the other side in case he falls. He does well with it! Since it's a full, we just put him in the middle and he manages just fine.

He's 4 now. I don't remember the exact age he climbed out of his crib, but it was after he was 2.
  • Oh- and nap time got better for us! DS has sensory issues so he always fell asleep for his nap on one of us then we put him down in his crib. He doesn't nap anymore but when we first got the bed, one of us would lie down with him and he would go right to sleep. Perk of a double!
  • Loading the player...
  • We switched dd1 early so we could transition before dd2 arrived...like 20 months. Dd2 we switched after she was 2 and I'm still mad we did! Naps became battles that ceased to exist before she turned 3 :( Both had convertible cribs so they went to toddler beds first.

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• CheesyPeasCheesyPeas member
    edited December 2013

DS is still in his crib but I have been seriously considering taking the front of his convertible crib off and getting him a bed rail.  Like your DS, he has attempted to climb in but never out of his crib.  When he wakes up, he just starts talking, singing, or kicking his mattress to let us know he's awake and we go to get him.  I think he would be content in his crib for quite some time yet.  The reason I'm contemplating converting his crib is because of potty training.  He holds his pee all night like a champ but last night, he actually woke up and yelled to me that he had to go pee.  I sprinted out of bed but by the time I got there he had pee down his legs, soaked socks, and a puddle on his sheets.  Had he been able to climb out of bed, it's possible he would've made it to his potty in time.  So I'm torn.

Do you have a convertible crib?  I'm thinking I'll likely buy the bed rail and if my DS doesn't respond well to the transition, we can go back to the crib and revisit at a later date.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Ds1 switched just after his second birth to a twin bed. He was not napping by then and he did great.
    Ds2 is just over two and I have no plan to switch him anytime soon. He will probably go straight to a twin as well

• I moved DD to a regular twin bed with a long guard rail at 18 months because I caught her climbing out of her crib. When I caught her, she looked at me and said "busted", haha! She handled it well and I wouldn't change a thing. 
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• 1.) when did you move LO out of his or her crib?
    Close to her 3rd birthday, probably a couple months before. 

She has her beloved LaLaLoopsy Character toddler bed she loves. She would not budge off of it for a week. Until she realized it was for sleeping lol 

Nothing really I think you just know when its time to move on, Makaia still sleeps with us about half the time. I love having her close, a lot of people think co sleeping is the devil but I love it and we have been co sleeping since she was a little squishy. 
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Spookster said:

She has her beloved LaLaLoopsy Character toddler bed she loves. She would not budge off of it for a week. Until she realized it was for sleeping lol 

Nothing really I think you just know when its time to move on, Makaia still sleeps with us about half the time. I love having her close, a lot of people think co sleeping is the devil but I love it and we have been co sleeping since she was a little squishy. 

I do not think co-sleeping is the devil :)  I never had DS in the bed with us (that scared me) and I sleep like a lunatic but, I had him in a arms-reach co-sleeeper by the bed for a good 4 months before I moved him into the crib in his actual room. I breastfed so it was easier to have him close. Plus I was the biggest PARANOID mom you'll ever meet (still am) he will be 2 next month and DH and I still check on him at least once, if not twice before we go to bed ourselves.

I actually wouldn't mind it if DS slept with us now but, he's never shown the inclination for it :)

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• I usually sleep really hard so at first I was scared to have her in bed with us but it's amazing what we adjust too! She would make the slightest peep and I would wake up like I was jacked up on caffeine lol. 

If Makaia is sick I get really nervous especially if she is all congested and cannot breathe like normal. Thats the worst I think. 
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• pettycrockerpettycrocker member
    edited December 2013
    A couple months after she turned 2, she has a toddler canopy bed (is there anything cuter?) I'm glad we made the switch when we did. 

Initially I thought I would just convert her crib into a day bed, but she kept falling out of it (lol oops) 

I used the toddler bed as an excuse to decorate her room more "toddler friendly" so that basically means everything is Tinkerbell. 

#TINKERBELLEVERYWHERE

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KC1212 said:

Spookster said:

I do not think co-sleeping is the devil :)  I never had DS in the bed with us (that scared me) and I sleep like a lunatic but, I had him in a arms-reach co-sleeeper by the bed for a good 4 months before I moved him into the crib in his actual room. I breastfed so it was easier to have him close. Plus I was the biggest PARANOID mom you'll ever meet (still am) he will be 2 next month and DH and I still check on him at least once, if not twice before we go to bed ourselves.

I actually wouldn't
    mind it if DS slept with us now but, he's never shown the inclination for it :)

Muahahaha! 8-> JK! But I did laugh because neither of my DDs had any inclination to sleep with us until they were just over two. Then all hell broke loose. Can't remember the last time I slept through the night...

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"