TTC after 35

Can I join?

Hi

I've been lurking for awhile and have learned a lot so I wanted to introduce myself.  I'm 37 and single so I'm in a little bit different situation than many of you but I hope I'll be welcome anyway.  I've always wanted to be a mother so it's now or never to start trying.  I've been planning for about a year.  Before that I've never been that aware of my health.  I just had my first gyn exam recently (I know, I know - not a good idea to wait this long!).  Based on my own reading I would guess that I probably have pcos since I have many of the signs but I have never been diagnosed because of my own avoidance.  I made a significant lifestyle change last year and lost over 50 pounds.  I still have a lot more to go but a couple of months after starting to lose weight my periods which were few and far between have regulated to a 31 day cycle so I'm hopeful that I have given myself a shot at getting pregnant.

I have been temping and using a fertility monitor for a month.  After being unaware of how my own body works for so long it was actually really exciting to see EWCM and know that ovulation was coming and then actually see the surge on the monitor and have it confirmed by my temp. 

After planning for so long I actually made my first appointment at the fertility clinic for the end of January to look into doing iui with donor sperm.  I'm terrified, especially about all the tests they'll want to do but I'm so excited to get started.  Any suggestions anyone has about what I should ask at that first consultation or anything else I should be doing to prepare over the next month would be appreciated.

Me - 37, Single and going it alone with donor sperm. 

Starting the process 1/2014

Re: Can I join?

• Hi! I was an SMC trying to conceive solo about 5 years ago! Welcome--this is a fantastic board. Everyone is very supportive and helpful. I love this board. :) 

The RE will probably run tests for your FSH, AMH, thyroid, prolactin, estrogen, progesterone - all those levels that will tell them what your fertility looks like. If they don't suggest those tests to you, I recommend asking to have them run. It will really help you figure out where you are with your fertility for your age, and it will help you come up with a plan with your RE that really works. My suggestion is to ask your RE or nurse any questions that come up during the process of testing, monitoring ovulation, the IUI, etc. 

Congratulations on your weight loss and on your journey to become a mama!!

Sarah, 38 | Nathan, 40 | Maxine b. 11/2014 | TTC #2

• Welcome.
    I havn't seen a RE so I can't help you there. I just wanted to say good for you. I hope that your apt goes well and you are able to do IUI.
    Good luck.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome! Hope your appt goes well:) on42 is right about the testing..this board is great for support and info!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • I think you are very brave and wish you lots of luck and welcome! Sounds like you are doing just about everything you can for yourself so keep it up!!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Welcome. Fellow PCOS here. I had the same response to weight loss. Cycle regulated to 31 days. Good luck with your journey to motherhood. This is a great board for support.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I'm sure I'll have a million questions along the way.  I'm trying to take it one step at a time so I don't get totally overwhelmed

Me - 37, Single and going it alone with donor sperm. 

Starting the process 1/2014

• Hello and welcome! The other ladies have given great advice. Congrats on your weight loss! I knew a girl way back who was single and decided to have a baby. She is a beautiful 9 yr old now! Good luck on your appointment :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Welcome and congrats on your weight loss! This is a great board to be a part of and I really respect you going at this alone!

Me 38 MH 41 - TTC since June 2010 - dx with Severe MFI. Straight to IVF with ICSI. IVF #1 - ER 06/13/12 - 9 Eggs Retrieved - 4 ICSI'd - only 2 fert. 06/15/12 - 2DT - 3 cell & 6 cell with fragmentation. Beta 06/29/12 - IVF #1 = BFN. 07/20/12 - WTF Appt -Told by our RE to quit IVF. Second Opinion from RE is good. IVF#2 - November 2012. Estradiol Pills Started 11/6. Stims start 11/16. ER 11/26 - 7 eggs retrieved - all mature. 4 fertilized with ICSI. ET 11/29 Transferred 3 embryos. Beta is 12/10. 1st Beta 81 2nd Beta 160 and 3rd beta 360!!! First U/S 12/21/12 - We saw one beautiful gest. sac. 2nd U/S is 01/04/2013 - H/B 183 02/05/13 - NT Scan - everything looks good and IT'S A BOY!  Aiden was born 08/20/2013.

IVF #2 is in progress.  ER was 05/12/14 - 11 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized with ICSI.  ET was 05/15/14 - we transferred 3 embryos as we did on the cycle my son was conceived.  We were able to freeze 3 embryos. Beta is scheduled for 05/26/14.  1st beta - 111.  2nd beta - 159 didn't double :( 3rd beta Friday 5/30) - not a lot of hope left. Beta # 3 is 247 - probably ectopic.  Beta # 4 is 813 - possibly vanishing multiple sydrome?  06/05/14 - 5w4days - first U/S - we see a gestational sac and yolk - still have hope!  06/17/14 - 7w1day - U/S and saw and heard the heartbeat - Finally!  06/27/14 - 8w4days - Baby and heartbeat look and sound great :)  EDD 02/01/14 and It's a boy!

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Welcome and best wishes to you!

BFP #1 - DS 2007

BFP #2 - 8/25/13 - mmc 10/10/13

BFP #3 - 1/14/14 - EDD 9/30/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"