Secondary IF

****~~~Making a Home Monday~~~**** (not gross this time ;-) )

Okay so I don't know if this really applies to "housekeeping" per se but do any of you ladies do weekly (or monthly) meal plans???? Or do you fly by the seat of your pants??

I have often attempted (and failed) meal planning so that I was using the as a many as the same ingredient staples, utilizing leftovers, etc. and I am horrible at it.

What's your system?
What's your meal plan?

Obviously this week we are only worrying about Monday (because the rest of the week is holiday junk food and leftovers)

or better yet, what is the typical rotation at your house?

Me: 27 DH: 33
Married 6 years
Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
No longer benched per New RE/OB!
Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
March 2, 2014 First AF

Re: ****~~~Making a Home Monday~~~**** (not gross this time ;-) )

• Oh, man. Totally by the seat of my pants. I buy staples: chicken, veggies, fruits, bread, eggs, etc. every week, but we still run to the store at least once more per week and it's a good week if we don't eat out. DH does most of the cooking and I'm grateful for that but asking him to meal plan is like asking him to build a friggin rocket ship. Asking him to meal plan with sales is like asking him to colonize Jupiter's moons.

So my job is to buy the food, decide what we're going to eat, and hope that DH follows what I "planned." It's hit or miss. When it hits, though, it's awesome. DH makes the kitchen his bitch.
  • Typical rotation: lunches are leftovers, sandwiches, veggies, that sort of thing. Breakfast is usually some version of egg, maybe oatmeal or French toast from time to time.

Dinners get tricky. I have been buying organic so I'm trying to work more beans and less meat into the rotation to save some cash but DH and DS aren't into that as much. We usually do done sort of Mexican each week- tacos, enchiladas, or fajitas. We also usually have a night or two of baked or grilled chicken, sometimes pork chops and then some sort of roast, depending on what's in the freezer.

Sides are usually broccoli, potatoes, green beans, Brussels sprouts, corn, rice, noodles, etc. We do a lot of salad and have had success in the past preparing an enormous salad on Monday that we eat throughout the week (lunches and dinners).

We don't do dessert regularly, but we eat out more than I care to.
  • Loading the player...
  • I always try to plan at least one day in advance. If I am planning to have a roast or something big, then I will obviously plan that a few days ahead, but mostly just the 1 day advance method. I have to do this now that I have a kid, or she would seriously live on spaghetti O's.  

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • annibes said:
    Oh, man. Totally by the seat of my pants. I buy staples: chicken, veggies, fruits, bread, eggs, etc. every week, but we still run to the store at least once more per week and it's a good week if we don't eat out. DH does most of the cooking and I'm grateful for that but asking him to meal plan is like asking him to build a friggin rocket ship. Asking him to meal plan with sales is like asking him to colonize Jupiter's moons.
    Ditto every single word here.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• DH does most of the cooking , thank goodness, and we do weekly meal plans. We just choose which dinners we want to make then grocery shop accordingly. Lunches are always super easy - mac and cheese, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese, etc.

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• I am a fly by the seat of my pants kind of girl. I buy chicken and we process our own deer meat. I do a lot of pasta which isn't the best for us but I try to do whole wheat. I also do a lot of crockpot soups. My DD eats breakfast and lunch at school during. DH and I just eat whatever we can find for breakfast and lunch during the week. On the weekends we do eggs, toast, sausage we process and cereal. We love fresh fruit and veggies (I can't wait for are garden to get going again) and cheese! 
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• What is a meal plan?!? people really do those? hahaha. 

We are a by the seat of the pants household for sure. Whatever sounds good we whip up. 
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• I often don't know what I'm craving until that day or night. I think mom in the grocery store with the toddler at 6:00 pm. still trying to get groceries for dinner
    :P

Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 6 years
    Conceived DS after 4 years of MFI

TTC # 2 (not trying,not preventing ever)
    May 2013 - August 2013 Timed Intercourse = BFN
    September 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs=BFN
    October 2013 Timed Intercourse, Weekly Acupuncture, Herbs, and "warming foods" = BFP
    Beta #1 19, Beta #2 18 Progesterone 4.6 Miscarried 11/9/13
    November 2013 - Benched, waiting for first post-loss AF.
    No longer benched per New RE/OB!
    Jan. 15 2014 - BFP. HCG 3900 - Ectopic :( 
    Jan. 16 2014 Left tube removed and D&C
    March 2, 2014 First AF

• we can't afford NOT to meal plan!  I plan for two weeks at a time, and do most of the "cooking"-- when I am on the night shift that usually involves me throwing stuff into a crock pot so it's ready for the hubs and my son at dinner time.  I usually take whatever is leftover the previous night for dinner.
    When I am on the day shift I can get a little more creative with fun meals that I don't need to worry about how they will reheat 24 hours later ;)

• Most weeks I try to get a plan for 2-4 dinners. The rest of the time it's left overs, easy grilled cheese like meals, or eating out. I meal plan on Sundays or more likely, Monday morning before I go to the store. I use the amazing Grocery IQ app to generate my list. I also have the meal board app to help plan. It's ok. If you take the time to enter your recipes in that one, it creates your list for you. I don't like the shopping list features as much as the grocery IQ one, so I just input everything, but can choose from the history list which helps a ton. There's plenty of weeks, like last and this one, that I go to Target and buy some staples and hope for the best.
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

• NYGirl02 said:
     I use the amazing Grocery IQ app to generate my list. I also have the meal board app to help plan. It's ok. If you take the time to enter your recipes in that one, it creates your list for you. I don't like the shopping list features as much as the grocery IQ one, so I just input everything, but can choose from the history list which helps a ton. There's plenty of weeks, like last and this one, that I go to Target and buy some staples and hope for the best.
    whoa whoa whoa... there is an app that generates your grocery list?  How is this not apart of my life????
  • NYGirl02 said:
     I use the amazing Grocery IQ app to generate my list. I also have the meal board app to help plan. It's ok. If you take the time to enter your recipes in that one, it creates your list for you. I don't like the shopping list features as much as the grocery IQ one, so I just input everything, but can choose from the history list which helps a ton. There's plenty of weeks, like last and this one, that I go to Target and buy some staples and hope for the best.
    whoa whoa whoa... there is an app that generates your grocery list?  How is this not apart of my life????
    Ditto... where is this said app?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"