October 2012 Moms
Options

Waking up screaming at night?

The last couple weeks Ashley wakes up screaming every night around 11:45. I'm thinking maybe it's night terrors however then the rest of the night I can't get her back in her crib. She cries on and off all night and can't get herself back to sleep at all, and this is every single night. Is anyone else dealing with this?

Re: Waking up screaming at night?

• Options
    Could it be molars coming in?
  • Options
    I'm not sure, she only has her two bottom teeth and two top teeth just barely broke through. Her screaming sounds painful though. Sometimes Tylenol works sometimes it doesn't. Also she doesn't want to be put down.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has done similar screaming, for about 2 weeks.  But thank goodness it wasn't every single night.  We thought it was molars but they still aren't out yet (and the screaming happened a few wks ago).

Now we think it was a phase of separation anxiety kicking in.  I tried to go in to soothe him - he stops crying /screaming the second I walk into the room, but screaming/crying resumes the second I leave.  I even tried re-Ferberizing by going in at longer intervals... no dice.  Eventually, we figured out he has separation anxiety with ME.  So DH ended up being the one to go in to soothe MOTN. It works much better and DH can leave the room without DS going nuts.  Good for me too as I don't even have to get out of bed!
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD has been doing this constantly. The only thing that works for us is bed sharing. I am not sure the source but at this point I am too tired to fight it.
    DD 9/15/12
  • Options
    Okay so at least we aren't alone. I just feel like everything I try doesn't work and I hate nighttime now! 
  • Options
    Teething or night terrors? Night terrors they look awake but aren't.

Ds2 is working on all 4 first molars... :-\ I can relate!

• Options
    I agree with at least trying motrin (or whatever you choose to use) before bed. She could have teeth coming in and they just haven't surfaced yet. DS2 had molars coming in plus we were trying to get him to stop bed sharing with us and it was a nightmare! I did NOT look forward to bed time then! After about two weeks or so, it got better. However, he's starting up again with waking up screaming but it's anywhere between 4:30 and 5:30. I don't know what it is. I didn't think he'd have any more teeth so soon but who knows!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    B does the same thing. I didn't suspect molars because she has her top 4, bottom 2, and the next two on the bottom coming in. Thought it was just the new 2 on the bottom. Sure enough I was playing with her yesterday and she was laughing with her head back and I could see a molar coming through!!!! Poor kid :(

No advice but you aren't alone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"