International Bumpies
Options

Anyone homesick?

I'm feeling homesick today. We visit home this January so it's weird that it's hitting me this hard now.

Today I miss my home, family, friends, everything being familiar...driving, roads, shopping, neighborhoods... I long for that familiar sense.

Re: Anyone homesick?

• Options

Hi Laura

Yea I get those moments, I've been living away from the states for a LONG time now, so I don't really miss the place so much anymore - but I sure do miss my family. I'm missing them a lot now that the holidays are coming near

• Options
    I go through phases, although I have been living abroad for many years now. I also get sad around the holidays if I am not able to travel home to be with my family. Like AmericanInOz, I miss my family and not the States so much . . . although I do missing shopping.

Hang in there - January will be here before you know it!
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies.
  • Options
    I think December is a tough month to be away from your family and traditions, but hang in there. You'll be visiting soon!
  • Options
    I am. My parents are coming in January when I'm due and DH family won't come to see us even though I am on bed rest and can't go to them or their other son. They chose to spend it with DH brother and his kids. Very disappointing
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I heard "I'll be home for Xmas" today in the mall and cried :(.

@icoelho I hope you feel better. People can be very disappointing. My dad and his wife said OZ is too far away to visit. What country are you in?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"