2nd Trimester
Options

experience with SCABIES? please help

My family got scabies two months ago. We treated twice but washed clothes in warm water not hot but we did dry on hot. Anybody ever do that?it's been a month and a half and my itch has slowly gone, but some bumps pop up here and there that aren't itchy. Is this normal? What was your experience and how did u do cleaning? Also when did you know you were cured? I'm hoping this is truly gone, I'm pregnant also.

Re: experience with SCABIES? please help

• Options
    Ugh, you poor thing.  DD1 had scabies earlier this year (thank goodness no one else got it), and she was miserable.

Have you stopped itching?  That's the best indication that the mites are no longer present.

There could be many causes of the bumps, so you may want to see a dermatologist if they bother you.

In terms of cleaning, we washed all bed linens and towels on hot and dried on hot, then set them aside for at least a week and used spares.  The mites can only live for ~2 days without human contact, so if you can switch out your sheets for a week to ones you didn't use when you had the mites, you should be fine.  We also vacuumed, and quarantined DD1's stuffed animals for a bit.
  • Options
    I bet she was. Did she do treatment neck down or scalp down? And how many did she do? Did she clear up fast? Yes no more itch but still have a bump pop up here and there that scare me. thanks I will do if the dermotologist thinks we should retreat
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We all did two neck-down treatments.  She stopped itching pretty quickly (within a few days), but still had marks for a few weeks.
  • Options
    Ugh that stinks! Ive had them acouple of yrs ago washed everything hot dried hot wiped down furniture i bagged my clothes for 3 days after wash .
  • Options
    When did you know you were cured or how? Did u wash with warm or hot water?
  • Options
    ockquote class="Quote" rel="Niasiagraham">Ugh that stinks! Ive had them acouple of yrs ago washed everything hot dried hot wiped down furniture i bagged my clothes for 3 days after wash .

And did u do treatments neck down?
  • Options
    Our family had scabies twice when I was a kid.we had to wash everything- clothes, sheets, towels on super hot and then we all had to take super hot showers with some lotion the dr prescribed. Seriously a gross thing to have, but it happens. If it hasn't gone away in two weeks, you probably need to do the cycle again
  • Options
    Our doctor says we are cured but i still have a bump pop up here and ther i dont know why but they are not itchy at all. if we see anything spreading we will do treatment again ughh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"