June 2014 Moms
Options

Grocery shopping while pregnant and hungry...

was not productive yesterday. I got home with fruit, Cheetos, ground turkey, doughnuts and milk. I am just now thinking about it and this is an issue!
Guess I can't go to the store for the next five months?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Grocery shopping while pregnant and hungry...

• Options
    NOT a good idea! Haha I just learned that.  In my bag was......Cheetos (great choice), baby carrots, salad bar salad which is mainly just pasta, peppermint icecream, mint oreos and tomato soup.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ya I have same problem too. Cookies sound good oh and a few other things. This is good. This is on sale. $100 later and nothing matches. Forgot half the stuff for dinner.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes I have to skip the cookies and ice cream aisles, and without fail I forget veggies and get nothing that makes an actual meal
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    After my first trip to the store ( just to get milk) I came back with two bags packed with hot dogs, a variety of soy products that we never eat, etc., and I was banned from solo food shopping. 

I have since proven I'm able to limit the craving-shopping as I call it to just one stupid item per trip, so I have my privileges back.  :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Make a list, eat a snack before going in, and make sure you stick to your list.
    I do this and still end up with more.  The list does help tho.
    ~Kelly
  • Options
    BrooknCoryBrooknCory member
    edited January 2014
    @MegK82 just a foul
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, that's never a good idea. I did that last week and came back with microwave popcorn, Pringles, Starbursts, Swedish Fish, and Cheez-Its.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    This never ends well for me. A few nights ago, I went to the store to get milk. I came home with chewy Chips Ahoy, Chips Ahoy with brownies in the middle, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Sour Gushers, and pepperoni sticks! My cashier probably thought I was high and had the munchies!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

• Options
    I recommend peapod.com

• Options
    This is how I keep on coming home with double stuff oreos in my shopping bag!  I am generally pretty good about meal planning and making a list - at least that way I come home with everything I need to make meals for the week.  It's just those extra "mmmm that sounds DELICIOUS" items that I need to work on...Something I always used to nag hubby about.  oops.

Married DH 6/29/07 - TTC #1 in February 2013
    BFP#1 2/21/13 - Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #2 3/27/13 - Missed Miscarriage @ 8 Weeks - D&C
    BFP#3 9/25/13 - EDD 6/3/14

10/17: U/S shows healthy bean @ 6w6d, HR 119 10/25: U/S shows bean is growing @ 8w0d, HR 158!
    Grow Little Bean Grow!!

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I have to make a list and take DH with me. Otherwise I'd have nothing but grasshopper cookies and stuff to make tacos.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    I always go shopping with DH and still end up sneaking cravings into the cart along with meals and no one usually notices until it's on the conveyor belt haha (:

@ElTrain5 I looked up peapod and sadly they don't deliver in my state. I also have not stumbled across any other grocery delivery place that delivers to me
  • Options
    I had a dream about donuts a week ago or so . . . . and just bought a bunch of donuts for my students since our class was ending today.  I guess my students are my excuse for buying something unhealthy.  :P 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @MissBHaven1024 - they make chips ahoy with brownies in the middle?!?!  Well now I'm definitely going to the store after work and I'm blaming you for the weight I'm going to put on eating the whole bag of these!

• Options
    momof5sept18momof5sept18 member
    edited February 2014
    @joules235 ;
    Because of many of your posts, when I'm on wholesome mommy (website of all wholesome foods) I think you created it. Which makes me find it odd you bought store bought cookies. Not judging you, I promise! I just see you as the mommy/lady who cooks only organic, and makes all her own everything, including milling her own flour to bake with! I hope I didn't offend you... but store bought cookies are yummy!

Eta: had to delete an extra word from a sentence.
  • Options
    I promise I'm not making fun of you! But since my sister introduced me to that blog, it reminds me of you, and if I have questions I always think "do I email @joules235 or the wholesome mommy site". Its a compliment I promise. Also, I've never tried to make homemade oreos but I don't doubt they're the same.

Was it hard going from a non-organic wholesome lifestyle to one? I would like to but it seems to cost a TON to get started into it. But my sister did it and it has made her a lot healthier as long as my BIL, nephew, niece, mother, father, and brother (they share a household). I give you many kudos. Also, what kind of mill do you use?
  • Options
    Also, you're pregnant, what baby wants, baby gets! So you shouldn't have to hide them from DH!
  • Options
    My little man loooooveeeessss strawberries! I eat them with everything! my bf has been calling me strawberry shortcake lol :)
  • Options
    My little man loooooveeeessss strawberries! I eat them with everything! my bf has been calling me strawberry shortcake lol :)
    When is/was your a/s? Is LO for sure a boy yet? 
  • Options
    it's next week!!!! But i just KNOW. i have all the right symptoms. call it mothers intuition..lol
  • Options

it's next week!!!! But i just KNOW. i have all the right symptoms. call it mothers intuition..lol

Or just be true to yourself and wait until you know via u/s?

• Options
    Ya I have same problem too. Cookies sound good oh and a few other things. This is good. This is on sale. $100 later and nothing matches. Forgot half the stuff for dinner.
    I did this earlier this week. Tacos sounded good... I bought ground beef, taco shells and sour cream. Along with a bunch of other random stuff, of course. DH was like.... What did you want me to make for dinner with this? lol

image        image

• Options
    I am true to myself. My heart says hes a boy.
  • Options
    I have been banned from the grocery store unless DH is with me. Last time I went I came out with cheez-it's, chips, queso, canned corn, soup and tastykakes. Luckily DH works right next to a grocery store so he picks stuff up on his way home.

Baby #1: expected June 2014

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    The last time we went grocery shopping we actually ate just before. As we are going through the aisles, hubby is suggesting things and my response wasn't 'we don't need that' or 'we could use that for a meal' rather, 'nah, I'm not hungry.' Our bill was nearly half of what we were expecting it to be.
    Now he will nearly force feed me before letting me in a grocery store
  • Options
    CDK211 said:
    @SkyAngelMommy said: it's next week!!!! But i just KNOW. i have all the right symptoms. call it mothers intuition..lol

---quote fail----

Is it wrong of me to hope she has a girl after all this....because I do...
    :-w
    Right?!? This will be me:
  • Options
    flojo973 said:

@MissBHaven1024 - they make chips ahoy with brownies in the middle?!?!  Well now I'm definitely going to the store after work and I'm blaming you for the weight I'm going to put on eating the whole bag of these!

Haha, I will take the heat! They're only good if you dip them in milk, and I don't like milk. :( My girls and DH devoured them in 2 days!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

• Options
    Haha, it's so hard to stick to the list!
  • Options
    @joules235, I'm very interested in it and look more into making the change. I love to cook and bake. Homemade fresh bread is my favorite! :) But I am gonna look more into it. My siste iuses mason jars to can things like fruits, veggies, jams, etc. the milling thing is gonna be an investment for me because I don't have a kitchenaid stand mixer, I use the good ole bowl and spoon method when making stuff. I think iit'll be easier if we find the land we want for livestock, also we want to getva bigger yard soon to start a garden. We don't have cable either, we have a box thing that works and about 500 DVDs lol. But I'm definitely wanting to try starting the wholesome lifestyle. Any advice you can offer, I'd love to hear it! If you can think of any good tips, could you PM me? Thanks a ton!

Also, I agree that SkyAngelMommy is Kels, SAM is always on the same time TKG used to come on. I was thinking it was her last night but I got aggravated with her comments and just went to bed. Lol.
  • Options
    BrooknCoryBrooknCory member
    edited February 2014
    DH came home the other day with everything orange in color he could get his hands on when I asked him to get "the orange Naked Juice". It was very sweet.
    image"">
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You all should try working at a grocery store. I can't seem to leave work without buying something. Really I have all the grocery's I will ever need but everything sounds so good at the time.
  • Options
    My town has a food co-op where everything is organic or local. I try to shop here to avoid tempting foods such as Oreos, ice cream, and baked goods. They have organic cookies and ice cream, but that doesn't tempt me as much as the other stuff does. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Going to the grocery store while pregnant is reminding me of college...going to the grocery store when I have "the munchies".  

But my latest craving is whole milk. Co-workers think I'm gross.
  • Options

Going to the grocery store while pregnant is reminding me of college...going to the grocery store when I have "the munchies".  

Whole milk is amazing!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I wish I craved only whole milk. I can't seem to drink it without adding chocolate syrup or carnation breakfast powder. I have a serious chocolate milk craving.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"