October 2012 Moms
Options

Holy cow the screaming!

Ok I need some help. DS1 was so easy, but DS2 can be a butt head! I know a lot of it is frustration because he can't say what it is he wants, but it's hell when we are trying to figure it out. DS2 will show us what he wants by grabbing hands and pulling, leading you to where he wants to go. If he's hungry, he pulls out his chair. If he's thirsty, he tries to open the fridge. If he needs a diaper change, he smacks himself in the diaper etc... But when we can't figure it out, or he wants to eat more cookies after we said no more or whatever, it's hellacious!! He grabs and pinches and screams and cries. He's persistent so we can't just let him get over it because it will continue. We don't give in, we just keep re-directing until something stops the madness but most days it's just me and I'm tired and exhausted and at my wits end trying to figure out an easier way. I want LO to learn that he doesn't always get what he wants, but I also know he just doesn't understand that either.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Holy cow the screaming!

• Options
    Learning futility is hard. Lo is like this too. Except he grunts and grunts. I try change of scenery for my sanity walk or drive or nap for lo.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Gosh, that sound tough!  DS can be like that but nowhere near the degree you are describing your DS2.  Sometimes distraction/re-direction doesn't work for my son either...  The only thing that works is change of scenery as PP said.  I don't need to leave the house, but just take him to a different room, or open the front door so he can look outside etc.  GL!
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"