August 2012 Moms
Options

Can you feel your uterus yet?

Hey ladies, I am 11 weeks into my 5th pregnancy, I have a 5 year old and a 4 year old and have had two miscarriages.  I was wondering if any of you are able to feel your uterus yet in your abdomen?  So far I am unable to feel a thing.  I go into the Dr for my 12 week appointment next Wednesday.  Thanks for your input!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can you feel your uterus yet?

• Options

I feel my ute in my right hand.

Seriously though... What?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm 11w 5d and I can't feel it yet, that or I don't know what I'm feeling for. 
    First Baby image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAB2K10:

Because it pushes above the pelvic bone sometime around 12 weeks. I have no idea what exactly that would feel like since this is my 1st, but I think that's what OP was asking. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageNikko Blue:
    imageAB2K10:

Because it pushes above the pelvic bone sometime around 12 weeks. I have no idea what exactly that would feel like since this is my 1st, but I think that's what OP was asking. 

Thanks for the clarification!  I was wondering what previous kids had to do with where your ute was and if you were feeling it.  Like you'd feel it anywhere else? haha.  Makes more sense that she's felt it before and is waiting for it again.

• Options
    nope, but I've got a pretty awesome layer of bloat and flab there, so it might be different for thinner ladies. 
    TTC since October 2010 | BFP 12/29/11 | RRQ BORN 08/26/12
    planned | married | blogged
  • Options
    I was wondering if any thin ladies could feel it. I've been feeling my abdomen while laying on my back, but I figured my lack of feeling anything was due to it being too soon, not knowing what to feel for, and being very overweight. 
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Options

I'm pretty sure I can feel mine now. I've been trying to for a couple of days (weird, I know, but I think it's cool). I'm pretty sure it's right above my pubic bone.

You can kind of push down low and it should feel kind of firm and then just keep going upward and you can feel it kind of drop off in mushy bloat :) It's cool to track it as it gets bigger and bigger. I never did with my first pregnancy and maybe not even my second, but I remember doing it last time and thought it was neat. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I'm thinner and can feel it. It feels really hard around and above my hair line. It's so weird feeling, like I'm having a cramp or something, that's how hard it is. I can't feel it as well by the end of the day when I'm super bloated with all the food I've eaten.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I've been feeling for mine and don't think I can feel it yet. I have a prenatal tomorrow and plan to ask my doctor if she can feel it on the outside and then to show me where it is so I can feel it myself.

Baby #2
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageamandapoat:
    I'm 11w 5d and I can't feel it yet, that or I don't know what I'm feeling for. 

I feel the same way. 

• Options

honestly I can feel mine too- this is my 4th child.. 6th pregnancy.

in the low mid section its thicker and totally weird.

lolololo
  • Options
    I can feel it now that I had my appt, and saw where they were aiming with the ultrasound stick and doppler. Its just right above your pubic bone, (at least it is for me) I was 11 weeks on tuesday and measured 4 days ahead of schedule so I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. Congrats on your LO :)
  • Options
    I just felt mine (9w4d), but I am pregnant with twins.
  • Options
    I don't think I can feel it from the outside yet (although I can't say I've been trying...?), but I can definitely feel it from the inside when I lay on my stomach. 
  • Options
    When I poke around all I feel is like I have to pee... again

TTC since 05/10

Dx: PCOS,Hypothyroidism, Endometriosis, elevated prolactin

Surgery: Laproscopy 12/15/11 to remove Endo, 8/12/11 to remove 7cm cyst and cauterize 4cm cyst

April 2011 - Clomid 50 mg round 3 - O'd CD 18 BFP 5/2 C/P 5/10

RE Consult 06/02/11, Sonohystogram - clear, DH SA - great! HSG all Clear.

Meet up with RE for plan of attack 10/25: 2 natural rounds and then onto clomid

CD 21 BW shows poor ovulation, November 2011 Clomid 50 mg round 4 - BFP on 11/30 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yes, I can feel mine, but only because my midwife showed me exactly where it was at. I have to push down pretty hard in order to feel it.
    Neena Mae. 1/7/10
    "A baby nursing at a mother's breast is an undeniable affirmation of our rootedness in nature." - David Suzuki
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well I can -- but I have some extenuating circumstances :)
  • Options
    imagemsc233:
    When I poke around all I feel is like I have to pee... again
    Lol this. I have no idea what I'm feeling for.
  • Options
    I can also feel mine! Lower abdominal is hard and I can feel a little ball when I lay on my stomach. :)
  • Options
    I can feel mine like whoa.

;)
  • Options
    JayandEmmJayandEmm member
    edited December 2013
    This made me realize how much I miss lily225. :(
  • Options
    hahahaha  ILY guys. 

• Options
    OMG y'all. Nostalgia!
  • Options
    This made me realize how much better I like the new format.
  • Options
    Damnit! I was so excited, I thought, wait, did I miss an announcement here?!?!
    image image
  • Options
    haha @bluepointtoasted.  NO!!  Just a zombie thread. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"