One & Done: Only child
Options

Volunteering?

One of my New Year's resolutions is to become an active community volunteer. Since having DS, I have not been active in the community at all.  I know many people that give so much of their time and talent, and they inspire me to do the same.

Do you volunteer?  For what and how much?

Are there any good ways to get LOs involved at a young age?

DS 11.24.11
MMC 3.30.16

Re: Volunteering?

• Options
    Just gift wrapping at the mall. I'd like to volunteer more with Relay for Life. So far I only donated items for various events.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Options
    I do taxes for a low income tax prep organization, weekly during tax season and once a month for the rest of the year.

As a family, we do the SOLVE beach clean up, deliver Thanksgiving meals for Meals on Wheels, collect food for the food bank, and toys for Toys for Tots.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a little late to the game but I have been volunteering with the American Red Cross for almost two years.  I am not a disaster responder, I typically work in the office but find it very rewarding.  
    Pursing Domestic Infant Adoption through a local agency. In the meantime, our dog is our baby.  Bumping from Portland, Oregon. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"