2nd Trimester
Options

Cute ideas for announcing the gender on Christmas?

I find out what we're having tomorrow (Yay!) and I was thinking of giving my immediate family somekind of keep sake with the gender. I was thinking of getting some blue/pink frames and putting the us picture in it, but I feel like everyone does that. Any other ideas?
Supermom to my beautiful boys Troy Marshall and Griffin Xander 

Living the dream with my wonderful man :)

Re: Cute ideas for announcing the gender on Christmas?

• Options
    What about you hold a deflated pink balloon and you husband holds a deflated blue balloon....of course poke a small hole in the gender that it is NOT and just say what do you think?...and the both of you blow up your balloon and the one that holds air is the gender :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @darbie914 that's a really cute idea. I can even incorporate the us pic in to it!

@Michellemiller15 I think that is too funny and I love the idea but I was thinking more of a Christmas present for everyone. I may still put that idea to good use though.. Possibly a Facebook picture with the correct gender balloon inflated and the other one not... Idk

• Options
    I'm doing the same thing.  at Babies R Us they have picture frames that say "It's a boy" "It's a girl" and we're going to put the ultrasound in the frame and give them as gifts  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you are looking for another option besides pink or blue, go to etsy.com and search little elephant crafts. She does super cute quail eggs with your personalized message inside. The box is adorable saying "crack me" on the inside and the egg is perfectly nestled on a little nest. They are very reasonably priced as well!!
  • Options
    I find out what we're having tomorrow (Yay!) and I was thinking of giving my immediate family somekind of keep sake with the gender. I was thinking of getting some blue/pink frames and putting the us picture in it, but I feel like everyone does that. Any other ideas?

Even if everyone else does it, if it's never been done to your immediately family, it'll still be new and exciting for them.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    For the future aunts and grammas in our family were giving Pandora bracelets with boy charms :) hope that helps :))
    You're freindly and nice and popular a14 AE :)) :))
  • Options

If you are looking for another option besides pink or blue, go to etsy.com and search little elephant crafts. She does super cute quail eggs with your personalized message inside. The box is adorable saying "crack me" on the inside and the egg is perfectly nestled on a little nest. They are very reasonably priced as well!!

I just checked these out and they are adorable! Kinda wish we hadn't already told our families we are expecting!

Married 8.1.2010
    DD #1: Arrived 10.7.2011
    TTC #2 Since March 2013
    BFP 5.20.2013, EDD 1.26.2014, natural mc @ 5 wks 5.25.2013
    BFP 6.21.2013, EDD 3.14.2014, Twins - missed mc @ 7w6d, D&C 8.6.2013
    BFP 10.7.2013, EDD June 20 2014 - It's a GIRL!   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @glynncoco not everyone is married to "pizza chain heirs". while I can afford to stay home with my kids we don't have 200 spare dollars per person to buy them all fucking Pandora bracelets. even if we did i can think of a lot of other things id much rather spend the 200+ dollars on. kthxbye.

ktwils2010 those are so ADORABLE! i wonder if i order them tomorrow when dh gets off work they'll be at my grandmothers house by Christmas? hmm...

as of today were thinking "baby's first Christmas" ornaments in blue. that way they will be able to have them on the tree next year. but those eggs man..... i WANT!!

• Options
    I would contact her first thing in the morning or even tonight and ask. She is very nice and I am sure she would work with you as much as she can! I am busting at the seams waiting on Christmas to get here so I can see everyone's face when they open the egg!
  • Options
    we did a cake for both grandparents at Thanksgiving - we split up time at both parents houses.  they got to cut into it on their own, then bring out the cut cake to show to everyone else.  It was a chance for us to have a private moment with our parents, and a chance for them to be able to take part in sharing the good news with the rest of the family. 
  • Options
    We got baby's first Christmas ornaments in blue and rapped them in a bunch of layers of blue/pink tissue paper (one blue one pink over and over and over)

dh wasn't on board with the eggs and I couldn't convince him no matter how I tried :(

• Options
    My husband and I are making rustic tree cookie ornaments for our families where one side will say "it`s a..." boy or girl (we don't find out until the 23rd). On the opposite side it will say the baby's name. The wonderful thing about tree cookies is that we can wood burn the words on making it last longer and it will also be able to hang on the tree next year since it won't be fragile and easy for our crawling child to break.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"