November 2012 Moms

What toy for Xmas

Aaaaahhhhh! I'm down to the wire here and I can't make any decisions about what to get my DD for Xmas. Too much pressure. Help me please. Any ideas? Our house is currently a disaster area due to not one but 2 inside the wall leaks. My mind is unable to deal with everything. Help. Please.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What toy for Xmas

• Ooo- IKEA has a bunch of stuff. There is a little play structure (like a tent), tunnels. A really cool hobby horse (it's actually a ram). A bunch of food safe pots and pans (my LO is still in the banging pots and pans stage). It's all very nicely priced.

A rocking horse or a personalized chair maybe, if IKEA doesn't strike your fancy?
  • I got Zane a giant Mr. Potatohead. Inside has Mr. & Mrs. Potatohead and dog and kitty potatohead. I also got him a rocking stacker toy. I will probably get some clothes. Nothing too fancy.
    Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• Loading the player...
  • B's getting the Little People Zoo and a big set of Mega Blocks
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• K got the Fisher Price Klip Klop Castle. She isn't 100% using it right, but she has the idea. She loves it!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Tobbles Neo over here:  https://www.fatbraintoys.com/toy_companies/fat_brain_toy_co/tobbles_neo.cfm

also board books and a wooden dump truck

and I love the Ikea tent and tunnels, so recommend those, too

• We got her a fisher price pull along dog that wags its tail and barks. She loves doggies and her grandparents are probably going to buy her way too much, so we kept it small.
  • ^^ we are keeping it small because I knew the grandparents are going to over do it. I got her books because she loves to "read" and the Fisher price dog that pays music, abc's, abd teaches her body parts (ear, tummy, foot, etc.) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD got the Little People Castle (Palace Songs?) for her birthday and LOVES it!!  I'm really impressed with how well she's figuring it out.  She's getting the additional princesses from Target for Christmas.  

• Grandparents have already gone over the top (and that was only 1 set out of 4).

I'm getting her some baby crayons and paper and depositing $ into her savings account.
    kids with flags
  • I think we went over the top! Lol! I was wrapping his stuff last night and was shocked at the stuff I bought. Most of it is little but lots of little added up. That's what happens when you give all of your "big gift" ideas to everyone else in your family and when you shop on line in the MOTN. 

I will either end up returning stuff or putting stuff away for later. The thing we got him that I think he'll like the best is the Fisher Price A to Z learning zoo. Also ordered him Elmo and Cookie Monster pillows from Zulily that I think he's going to love. I got him a Pottery Barn chair with his name on it.. Not necessarily for Christmas bc we would have bought it anyway, but I will out it under the tree with a now on it as well.
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• After all of the gifts O got at her birthday party, I'm not getting her any toys. Instead, I got her a toy BOX. Lol. My mom got her a Pottery Barn Anywhere chair. We got a few clothes, but I'm really not doing much because she doesn't NEED anything. I'm getting away with doing as little as possible while I still have that option. 

• Little People Princess Castle here as well. And then some M&D puzzles and one of those ride on toys.
  • @amberea14 - I got the kids anywhere bean bags from PBK and WOW the boxes they came in are HUGE but I thought would be so fun for the kids.....is that silly to give them boxes?  They are definitely cumbersome though...
    @uconnhuskie007 I can't tell if you're kidding, but I seriously think big boxes are probably one of the best gifts you could give a toddler. Ha. Like, seriously. Put a blanket over the top and call  it a tent! 

• ^^ hells ya, dude. Take advantage of being able to give gifts like that while you can!

• We got Z a pack of the suction cup munchkin bowls (yeah we're practical like that), a trailer truck that has 4 cars on it (he'll probably just drink me bonkers pushing the button that makes the trucks lights come on and some kind of noise that I don't remember at the moment), and a turtle thing that reads a story and helps them learn the alphabet. He loves reading books with us so we though that would be fun. Oh and we got him 100 balls to turn the play yard into a ball pit. Lets see him throw a fit for going in baby time out and and baby jail now :).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH did all of DS's gifts which include:  Basketball hoop, 3 pack of balls (football, basketball, baseball), sports bath toys, a baseball hat, 2 pairs of sneakers and the big cardboard Melissa and doug blocks.

Lord help this boy if he doesn't like sports... 

Hmm. Just reminded me that we bought a set of 3 sports balls this past summer. I wonder where they are!?!? I haven't seen them in months and totally forgot about them.

We have bought some Lego Duplo. And some new PJs.
    Grandma and grandpa have several large items for DS. A huge rocking horse is one.
    I don't have space for a bunch of large stuff, so we are keeping it small.
  • @Chickie79 I looked everywhere too! Found it at Fisher Price website....go figure! And much cheaper than anywhere else (except Kohls during 50% off Black Friday which I couldn't get it at online!)
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I really want one of those pop up tents or tunnels. I will probably have to wait until the new year since IKEA is about 45 minutes from us and is usually an all day affair.

We got a train table for the play room (thank you goodwill!), and then a few small things like animals for the little people zoo, some wooden blocks, and two other sets of random little people figures.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"