May 2012 Moms

It's a boy!

So now.... name suggestions?!? Anyone?!? 

I'm a teacher, and there have been a lot of boys born in my husband's family in the last number of years (DD was the first girl in 25 years)...
Since we were team green with DD, we already feel like we've exhausted all boy name possibilities. 

DH is set on naming him after his brother, and vetoes everything I suggest.  I don't want him to be 'little Sam'.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: It's a boy!

• Congrats!!!

Maybe suggest naming after his brother for the middle name to honor him in the sense? I know there are several heritages where it's common to name a son after the father/grandfather/family member, but it's not really my cup of tea either. Middle name might be a good compromise. 

There were no boys names from your last list you wanted to use at all? We were team green also and had a boys name in mind for DD if she had been a boy and this will probably be our boy name when the time comes again.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• No, he's vetoing all of the names I suggest.

I've already agreed to have Sam as a middle name... but every time I suggest another first name he's not happy with it.  Honestly, after how much we fought the last time around I was kinda hoping that we'd have another girl just so I wouldn't have to deal with the whole boy name issue :(

• Loading the player...
  • Well you've still got a couple of months to turn him around. :)

DH wasn't very cooperative with names, first not wanting to participate in naming, and then vetoing all my names. We compromised that since we were team green he'd pick the girl name and I'd pick the girl name but that we'd have to make a list of 5 names and agree to one of the names the other picked. We'll probably be team green again just to avoid the naming mess. 

Maybe have him make a list of 10 names, excluding Sam, and see if he comes up with any that you think you'd like? Or also come up with your own list and cross-reference them from each other see if you come up with a same or similar name?

• LOL, we already tried that too!  It was his idea.  Not one of the names matched.  I chose names like Isaiah and Noah.  His names were more along the lines of Pyson.  :S

• THAT WAS OUR PROBLEM TOO! I like more traditional names and DH is more for modern/made up/mashed together names. Admittedly, DDs name came from a character in the video game Saints Row. He wanted Kinzie (how it is in the game) and we compromised to Kenzie. I wasn't sure at first, but it's grown on me and fits her quirky personality 100%

• Congrats! Are there any names that are simliar that are on both you and your husband's list? If there were a similar name then maybe you can focus on those names and try to come up with a compromise? Sorry that isn't much help. I'm sure you will figure it out and whatever name you decide on will be perfect.

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Maybe since he picked the middle you could pick the first? Or a few options for a first name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"