March 2013 Moms

Baby check in!

most of our kiddos are 9 months (or close to there) so I figured this would be a good time for a quick update on how our LO's are doing..

Height/Weight-  no idea with height. The nurse measured her last week at 29 " but the ped said that was completely wrong (it would have bumped her up from 65th to 90th percentile. I am not tall.) so I'm guessing maybe 28"? Weight is 21 lbs.

Food-  still on the formula-4 bottles a day, ranging from 4-8 oz. Usuually 20-24 oz a day. She eats 3 meals a day and some snacks randomly. Breakfast is usually pancakes I've pre made or egg yolks and cheese; lunch is usually chicken and a veg; dinner is whatever we are eating. Once in awhile if we are out she sucks purees out of her pouch.

Language- no words! Lots of babbling and making sounds but no specific mama and dada yet.....

mobility- right now she's starting to get into an unassisted standing position either from already holding onto something, or if she pushes off from something off the ground (i.e. if theres a box, she'll put hr hands on it and get stand up from there) and can stand with toys in her hands. She walks with her lion walker but isn't interested in "cruising" along furniture. Crawls like a demon

social- oh geesh. LOVES to smile and wave at everyone...if someone is looking at her she'll start babbling at them and laughing.....loves peek a boo, playing tag and roughhousing with daddy. I actually saw her engage with him in play-i've never seen her do it! He was picking her up, tickling her and gently throwing her onto the couch...and she would sit up, laugh and then LUNGE at him to do it again. It was so funny. no kisses or hugs but she's not super affectionate unless she's tired or feeling shy. oh, and she throws MAJOR fits. it's pretty funny but definitely going to be an issue-she starts hitting our hands and if we redirect her hands when she's reaching for something she shouldn't, she throws herself down on the floor and cries.

toys she loves- I feel like she's abnormally apathetic to toys. She might bang some stuff together, but she prefers to crawl/stand/walk in her walker and explore then to play. Usually i just let her roam free in my room and she pulls drawers open, gets clothes out, etc.  Sometimes she rolls a ball back to me but usually isn't interested.   How is everyone else's LO's playing with toys?  Makes christmas hard...we got her a piano and then a talking dog that she loved and something she can stand on and throw basketballs into  and it gives her a lot of noise when she does it.

How's everyone LO's doing??
BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)

Re: Baby check in!

• Height/Weight-  28 inches 17lb 15oz at her 9 months a couple weeks ago

Food-  4 or 5 4 oz bottles + nursing a day.  The girl love her some solids!  She gets pretty much what we eat.

Language- No words yet.  Her new sound of the week is 'ba.' bababababababa all day long.

mobility - crawls like it's her job.  she just started standing on her own.  cruising the length of the couch, all the way around the coffee table, etc.

social- she's a ham.  loves waving at everything - the dog, the wall socket, us, her toys, the ground, whatever.  She's also started doing a perflexed look when something strange happens.  So funny. 

toys she loves- She's not that into toys.  She'll grab them and throw them if they're in front of her, but she doesn't have a favorite per se.  She does like bowls, spatulas, and measuring cups and anything she can pull out of my purse.  And paper.  She LOVES paper.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • jennylyna said:
    Height/Weight-  28 inches 17lb 15oz at her 9 months a couple weeks ago

Food-  4 or 5 4 oz bottles + nursing a day.  The girl love her some solids!  She gets pretty much what we eat.

Language- No words yet.  Her new sound of the week is 'ba.' bababababababa all day long.

mobility - crawls like it's her job.  she just started standing on her own.  cruising the length of the couch, all the way around the coffee table, etc.

social- she's a ham.  loves waving at everything - the dog, the wall socket, us, her toys, the ground, whatever.  She's also started doing a perflexed look when something strange happens.  So funny. 

toys she loves- She's not that into toys.  She'll grab them and throw them if they're in front of her, but she doesn't have a favorite per se.  She does like bowls, spatulas, and measuring cups and anything she can pull out of my purse.  And paper.  She LOVES paper.
    I LOL'd at the waving thats us too!  When she wakes up she starts waving like crazy. But when its around people, its 50/50-half the time she waves when i ask her, the other half she waits until the persons out of sight before going crazy.

yes, paper is popular here...i told my husband we should have just wrapped old toys
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Height/Weight: No idea on this one. Our appointment's not until Friday, but I wanted to respond today. He's at least 20lbs, though probably not more than 22bs, and if he stays on his growth curve, he's probably about 29-29.5". He's definitely in 9 month clothes, though I still squeeze him into 6 month stuff on laundry days.

Food: He eats everything and then some. I'm sure the list of foods he tried might appall some parents. Heck, we have him his own jelly donut a few weeks back and he LOVED it. He doesn't eat regularly, since I'm so scatter-brained lately, but he usually gets at least dinner with us and is usually given portions of what we eat. He stills nurses a TON. He either eats slower than my girls did or eats more or both.

Mobility: He's everywhere and into everything. When he cruises he barely uses his hands and he can stand on his own, but he doesn't trust himself yet, so he's still limited to walking along the edges of the room (unless his walking toy is in reach). We've had to block off the stairs as well, since he's capable of going up them. He's also pretty good about tumbling down them as well whenever his sisters move the gate and leave it open for him.

Language: No words, but he does cry "mama" when he wants me. Never in a happy way, but if he's crying and saying "mama" everyone knows that means the only thing that will make him happy is me. He'll also say a version of "hi" whenever he first notices you watching that sounds exactly like my "hi", which is what I say when I start talking to him. He responds to his name and the word "no", not that he always responds the way you want him too, but he knows them.

Social: He's starting to show signs of favoritism toward me. He loves to wrestle, because that's how he plays with is big sisters. In fact, we had issues while visiting family because he wanted to play with his same-age cousins and decided climbing on top of them was the proper way to do so. We're hoping to keep his stranger anxiety to a minimum by handing him off to people every week at church and during our weekly playdates. He's already less clingy than his sisters were at a similar age.

Toys: If it makes noise or lights up, he loves it. His favorite toys are things that allow him to climb or stand, which makes his music-making walker toy his all time favorite. In the car we have an Iron Man arc reactor that lights up and makes noise, so that stays in the car to keep him happy while driving. He also adores his Glo-worm, though the thing is as old as his oldest sister, so it's kind of dingy, but when he's in a mood, he can sit with that thing and space for 20 minutes and be perfectly content.
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Height/weight: I don't know height! Our Dr. Appt isn't until the 27th, but she weighs 19 lbs!

Food: everything we eat! Besides the top " no no foods." She eats everything, but eats small portions like a lady! Lol not a big eater, but loves her snacks! BF every 3 hours.

Mobility: she is a little roller and arm stretcher, but no crawling or walking :(. The minute she gets on all fours, she collapses on her tummy. She wants to be mobile really bad, and tries walking, but can't without assistance.

Language: her first word was Hi. Now she says hi while she waves, yay while she claps, and dAda. Getting the mmmm sound down.

Social: all you have to do is look at her and she is all smiles. Very good with other people taking her, unless she us tired, then she cries and wants mommy. Loves attention n knows how to get it!

Toys: loves softball size toys. She bites them, throws them, shakes them, waves them, etc. also, any toy that moves and sings. Ex: Santa at my moms who sings and dances.
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Height/Weight: 28" and 17lbs 9oz
    Food: He nurses about 5 times a day (sometimes 6).  Solids are finally getting better, but he is teething right now (front 2 are about to come in) so eating is hit or miss.  For breakfast he gets pureed fruit and cereal or tofu.  We tried pancakes.  He liked them, but didn't swallow them too good.  He hates eggs thus the reason for the tofu.  Lunch he gets chicken and 2 veggies.  Dinner is more like a late snack.  He gets yogurt and pureed fruit.  He gets some puffs after his meals.
    Mobility: He is all over the place crawling and cruising.  He has figured out how to get up and down a couple stairs.  I finally gave up on trying to keep him confined to one room and just made sure the rest of the downstairs in baby-proofed.  He has recently started standing on his own for 10-20 seconds and then falls down.
    Language: It looks like his first word was Bye Bye which almost sounded more like Buh Bye.  He said it twice now when others have said it to him.  Other than that he is doing a lot of mamamama, babababa, dadadada, rararara, nananana.  He loves chatting with his stuffed animals.
    Social: He is pretty social and loves flirting with the ladies.  He is such an observer.  He likes to watch the situation before he makes a move.  It is really interesting to watch.  We recently started doing Gymborree which he has loved.  He laughs and gets together with the other babies and play. He has also started tantrums.  If you try to take anything from him, even if you are replacing it, he has a meltdown with crocodile tears.  Yesterday he had a meltdown in Barnes and Noble when I removed a stuffed purple unicorn from his hands.  I ended up just buying the stupid animal just to keep from having too bad of a tantrum in front of so many people.

Toys: He loves his stuffed animals, rings, and blocks.  He LOVES wallets and car keys.  He has also grown fond of some silver cups I have with a tea set.  He chews on them and bangs them on the ground.  The empty diaper box has also been a hit because he uses it as his walker.  He is really into balls lately.  He isn't rolling them yet, but instead just picks them up and crawls with them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

• hdall0807hdall0807 member
    edited December 2013
    Height/weight- 13lbs 2.5oz today (was 13lbs 14oz before she had a virus) and is 25.5" long

Foods: she loves to eat. She would be happy to eat what we eat except she has food allergies so she can't. So we struggle with that because she gets wry mad. She loves table foods though and Is starting to refuse baby foods. She drinks 23.5oz of formula a day. Her favorite foods are pancakes and scrambled eggs

Mobility: she crawls and is super fast. She really wants you to chase her and thinks its hilarious. She is crushing around furniture and will let go and stand for a few seconds. I don't think she realizes she can stand without holding on now.

Language: she does not babble much. Says a lot of vowels and spits a lot

Social: she loves people. She smiles at everyone and waves. She will make the cutest faces at people. But if anyone looks like they want to hold her she freaks out.

Toys- loves her activity table lately. She loves things that can spin and rattle. She loves her Toy when the animals pop up and she has to put them down. She loves books.
  • Height/Weight: No idea on this one. Our appointment's not until Friday, but I wanted to respond today. He's at least 20lbs, though probably not more than 22bs, and if he stays on his growth curve, he's probably about 29-29.5". He's definitely in 9 month clothes, though I still squeeze him into 6 month stuff on laundry days.

Food: He eats everything and then some. I'm sure the list of foods he tried might appall some parents. Heck, we have him his own jelly donut a few weeks back and he LOVED it. He doesn't eat regularly, since I'm so scatter-brained lately, but he usually gets at least dinner with us and is usually given portions of what we eat. He stills nurses a TON. He either eats slower than my girls did or eats more or both.

Mobility: He's everywhere and into everything. When he cruises he barely uses his hands and he can stand on his own, but he doesn't trust himself yet, so he's still limited to walking along the edges of the room (unless his walking toy is in reach). We've had to block off the stairs as well, since he's capable of going up them. He's also pretty good about tumbling down them as well whenever his sisters move the gate and leave it open for him.

Language: No words, but he does cry "mama" when he wants me. Never in a happy way, but if he's crying and saying "mama" everyone knows that means the only thing that will make him happy is me. He'll also say a version of "hi" whenever he first notices you watching that sounds exactly like my "hi", which is what I say when I start talking to him. He responds to his name and the word "no", not that he always responds the way you want him too, but he knows them.

Social: He's starting to show signs of favoritism toward me. He loves to wrestle, because that's how he plays with is big sisters. In fact, we had issues while visiting family because he wanted to play with his same-age cousins and decided climbing on top of them was the proper way to do so. We're hoping to keep his stranger anxiety to a minimum by handing him off to people every week at church and during our weekly playdates. He's already less clingy than his sisters were at a similar age.

Toys: If it makes noise or lights up, he loves it. His favorite toys are things that allow him to climb or stand, which makes his music-making walker toy his all time favorite. In the car we have an Iron Man arc reactor that lights up and makes noise, so that stays in the car to keep him happy while driving. He also adores his Glo-worm, though the thing is as old as his oldest sister, so it's kind of dingy, but when he's in a mood, he can sit with that thing and space for 20 minutes and be perfectly content.

Ha! Not appalled-I go to Costco and feed her all sorts of samples! And she's had cookies..and a bite of whipped cream. The Glo-Worm is popular here too...
  • Jbunny100 said:
    Height/Weight: 28" and 17lbs 9oz
    Food: He nurses about 5 times a day (sometimes 6).  Solids are finally getting better, but he is teething right now (front 2 are about to come in) so eating is hit or miss.  For breakfast he gets pureed fruit and cereal or tofu.  We tried pancakes.  He liked them, but didn't swallow them too good.  He hates eggs thus the reason for the tofu.  Lunch he gets chicken and 2 veggies.  Dinner is more like a late snack.  He gets yogurt and pureed fruit.  He gets some puffs after his meals.
    Mobility: He is all over the place crawling and cruising.  He has figured out how to get up and down a couple stairs.  I finally gave up on trying to keep him confined to one room and just made sure the rest of the downstairs in baby-proofed.  He has recently started standing on his own for 10-20 seconds and then falls down.
    Language: It looks like his first word was Bye Bye which almost sounded more like Buh Bye.  He said it twice now when others have said it to him.  Other than that he is doing a lot of mamamama, babababa, dadadada, rararara, nananana.  He loves chatting with his stuffed animals.
    Social: He is pretty social and loves flirting with the ladies.  He is such an observer.  He likes to watch the situation before he makes a move.  It is really interesting to watch.  We recently started doing Gymborree which he has loved.  He laughs and gets together with the other babies and play. He has also started tantrums.  If you try to take anything from him, even if you are replacing it, he has a meltdown with crocodile tears.  Yesterday he had a meltdown in Barnes and Noble when I removed a stuffed purple unicorn from his hands.  I ended up just buying the stupid animal just to keep from having too bad of a tantrum in front of so many people.

Toys: He loves his stuffed animals, rings, and blocks.  He LOVES wallets and car keys.  He has also grown fond of some silver cups I have with a tea set.  He chews on them and bangs them on the ground.  The empty diaper box has also been a hit because he uses it as his walker.  He is really into balls lately.  He isn't rolling them yet, but instead just picks them up and crawls with them.
    I want to try GYmboree! I told people for Christmas to give us gift cards there for her so I can take her..she LOVES other babies. Well, other baby GIRLS...boys she's a little ambivalent towards..but she LOVES girls. She gets super excited when she sees a little girl, kicking her legs and laughing. and luging for their face
  • pavlovcat said:
    Height/weight:  Not sure.  Last appt. she was 20 lb.s 8 oz. and 27 inches.  I'm guessing she's up a lb. and maybe another 1/2 inch.

Foods: 6-8 4 ounce bottles a day plus some solids.  Loves sweet taters, beets, peaches, apples, yogurt, egg yolks, banana, chicken, blueberries, grapes, peas, etc.  She's not really on a schedule.  She snacks when we eat, plus she gets a "meal" at grandma's every day.

Mobility:  Has been pulling herself up for a couple months now but can only stand on her own for a second or two.  Crawling like a champ.

Language:  talktalktalktalktalk.  she just started with the repetitive simple sounds like bababa, dadada.  Also still a big fan of complex sounds.  I swear she was saying book a couple days ago.

Social:  She's a happy (if demanding) little chatterbox as long as you are mom, dad, grandma, or grandpa.  Everyone else is suspect.  Isn't affectionate.  Would rather be moving and playing than cuddling.  But the other morning when we woke up (she's currently sleeping with me) she thought it was fun to press her cheek against my lips to get some kisses.  That was the cutest thing ever.

Toys:  BOOKS!  Loves them.  Gets so excited when we bring them out.  Also loves anything that spins or rattles.  And she loves toys that have buttons she can push.

My LO is a book hound too! She loves to turn the pages and she *knows* they are for reading. She sits there, and babbles while holding it. And my LO does the cheek thing too!! I'll make kissing noises at her and ask if mommy can have a kiss, and she'll hold her cheek or head to my lips and just lay there.  Lately if I pucker my lips or bug her for a kiss, she'll put her face towards mine and make a "Brrrrrr" noise with her lip LOL
  • Height/Weight- 29 inches and 20lbs

Food- 3x a day. Plus a couple of snacks of puffs or a teething wafer. drinking 24oz of formula a day.

Language- dada and mama are words we hear but we aren't 100% sure if there are associated with us or not.

mobility - can stand without holding on to anything! Crawls like it's his job.

social- was very social, now is going through a shy phase. Hides when new people say hello. Loves
    Other children's though

toys he loves- has a plush kermit that goes everywhere we do. Otherwise random balls and a play table that's a piano.

• Height/Weight-  About 25 - 25.5 inches and he was 14lbs7oz at his 9mo appt on 12/9/13.

Food-  He nurses around 3:30-6am depending on when he wakes.  Gets a 3 oz bottle at around 9, noon, 330, 6 and 9.  He eats 1/2 jar of puree with cereal with the 9, noon, and 6 bottles.  Sometimes I will give him a little of what we're eating.  I also will add things like smashed carrots to his pureed carrots or real rice in with his veggies to start introducing him to textures since he is just starting to get the idea of chewing down -- has no concept of biting food yet though.  He also doesn't pick up food pieces yet - though he did pick up an oyster cracker by accident yesterday.

Language- Ds thinks raspberries, growls, and grunts are parts of speech.  He still babbles mostly vowel sounds.

mobility- Not mobile yet, still working on sitting by himself; he is now prop sitting for 10-20 seconds without assistance.

social- Loves snuggling and being tickled.  Appears not to care who's holding him (haven't tried it with someone he doesn't know without someone he does know in sight though)  He will smile and kick his feet to greet dh/myself.  He will "yell" if he feels he's being ignored and he wants attention.

toys he loves- Ds likes the plastic links and things he can easily hold/shake. 

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Height/Weight: Not sure, appointment is next week, probably around 30 in and 20 lbs

Food: Still nursing 6+ times a day and DS loves to eat solids! Some of his favorites are yogurt, sweet potatoes, chicken and peas. So far he'll eat pretty much anything we put in front of him. I can see why family/friends were so excited when he started solids, it's really fun right now. I love when he flaps his arms in excitement during meals, he looks like a little bird!

Language: Babbles a lot, we hear ma, da, ba but not in relation to us yet. He gets very excited about the cat and dog so I think one of those might be his first word.  

Mobility: All he wants to do now is crawl and pull up on stuff so we have a whole new level to babyproof.

Social: He's so friendly and happy with familiar people, loves his cousin and the other kids & parents at daycare. He's not as outgoing with strangers anymore, rarely smiles unless it's another kid. When we took him to see Santa, LO just stared blankly at him and cried after a couple minutes.

Toys: Now that he's moving, he's finding more interesting toys like dog bones and tv remotes. He likes books, especially a Where's Spot? lift the flap book. He also loves a stuffed Christmas elf Mickey, he carries it around with him.

• Height/Weight-  Ariana is 27 inches long and 16 lbs 10 oz. That makes her apparently at 35 percentile for height and 20th percentile for weight. She is at 70th percentile for head though. We are a family of big heads lol.

Food-  She is on formula now but we feed her almost everything we eat too. She likes everything except for carrots so far!
    Language- She says dada and baba but thats it as far as real words. She talks a lot though!
    mobility- She will be walking soon. She stands unassisted and walks along the couch. She has taken one step here and there but no consecutive steps yet. She is extremely fast though with crawling
    social- She is a happy baby. She LOVES other babies and dogs and cats. I am noticing stranger anxiety every so often but she came to my office holiday party yesterday and was fine. She likes to cuddle and she gets excited when I get home (which I love!). She will yell if she is not getting attention to make herself known.
    toys she loves- She really loves remotes and phones. She likes to bang on boxes and tables. She has a couple actual toys that she plays with, but she prefers other things. She does like the little guitar and drum set that we have.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

•  Ariana is starting temper tantrums too. And she loves to roughhouse with daddy. They do pretty much what you describe and she LOVES it!

VPGIRL06 said:
    most of our kiddos are 9 months (or close to there) so I figured this would be a good time for a quick update on how our LO's are doing..

Height/Weight-  no idea with height. The nurse measured her last week at 29 " but the ped said that was completely wrong (it would have bumped her up from 65th to 90th percentile. I am not tall.) so I'm guessing maybe 28"? Weight is 21 lbs.

Food-  still on the formula-4 bottles a day, ranging from 4-8 oz. Usuually 20-24 oz a day. She eats 3 meals a day and some snacks randomly. Breakfast is usually pancakes I've pre made or egg yolks and cheese; lunch is usually chicken and a veg; dinner is whatever we are eating. Once in awhile if we are out she sucks purees out of her pouch.

Language- no words! Lots of babbling and making sounds but no specific mama and dada yet.....

mobility- right now she's starting to get into an unassisted standing position either from already holding onto something, or if she pushes off from something off the ground (i.e. if theres a box, she'll put hr hands on it and get stand up from there) and can stand with toys in her hands. She walks with her lion walker but isn't interested in "cruising" along furniture. Crawls like a demon

social- oh geesh. LOVES to smile and wave at everyone...if someone is looking at her she'll start babbling at them and laughing.....loves peek a boo, playing tag and roughhousing with daddy. I actually saw her engage with him in play-i've never seen her do it! He was picking her up, tickling her and gently throwing her onto the couch...and she would sit up, laugh and then LUNGE at him to do it again. It was so funny. no kisses or hugs but she's not super affectionate unless she's tired or feeling shy. oh, and she throws MAJOR fits. it's pretty funny but definitely going to be an issue-she starts hitting our hands and if we redirect her hands when she's reaching for something she shouldn't, she throws herself down on the floor and cries.

toys she loves- I feel like she's abnormally apathetic to toys. She might bang some stuff together, but she prefers to crawl/stand/walk in her walker and explore then to play. Usually i just let her roam free in my room and she pulls drawers open, gets clothes out, etc.  Sometimes she rolls a ball back to me but usually isn't interested.   How is everyone else's LO's playing with toys?  Makes christmas hard...we got her a piano and then a talking dog that she loved and something she can stand on and throw basketballs into  and it gives her a lot of noise when she does it.

How's everyone LO's doing??

•  He responds to his name and the word "no", not that he always responds the way you want him too, but he knows them.

Ari responds to "no"- she smiles and keeps on doing whatever I tell her not too. She is just like her father.

• SidraJediSidraJedi member
    edited December 2013
    DD is 23lb and 31 inches.

She babbles a lot! She says a lazy "bye" in proper context and says "ma ma ma" when she wants milk.

We nurse on demand which is every 1-3 hours and sometimes in between. She eats 3 meals a day plus snacks if she "asks" for it. But we BLW and i'mnot sure how much she gets. So far we are on veg, fruit, meat, egg yolk and yogurt. No grain, milk, sugar, nuts, or cheese yet.

DD cruises on furniture, walks holding one or both of my hands, climbs stairs, stands and kneels and sits up on her own, has taken a few steps independently but no full on independent walking yet, she crawls fast!

She loves singing and making sounds with her mouth or with clapping stuff together. No clapping hands yet, i mean she tries but doesn't do it right. She has special places throughout the apt where she likes to ferret objects away.

She makes friends wherever we go and recognizes people she knows or has met a couple of times. She loves to people watch, especially watching kids playing. She gave her carrot to a 14 month old boy today, the little flirt! With us she asserts herself when she wants but also comes to us for comfort and assistance. I think we've encouraged her independence though she seems a little shy and needing lots of encouragement and support. She loves to try to roughhouse with other babies like she does with DH (and now me) and she will want to go where she sees another baby doing something that she thinks that she might like.

She understands "no" and will fake cry at the word if its said in response to say... grabbing at the trash can.

She prefers non-toys but she likes her seal, mermaid, panda, and (what can only be described as) bowling pin guy soft toys and her stacking blocks. She likes books but seems to have forgotten how to turn pages lately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"