Postpartum Depression
Options

Pre-post part?

jdpeter11jdpeter11 member
edited December 2013 in Postpartum Depression
Hi I am due anyday now and I am having some horrible thoughts.. I didn't have anything like this with my daughter, who is now 3. I have had a horrible pregnancy as I did with my daughter... Throwing up 10+ times a day... Loosing around 40lbs... But I have been having feelings like I don't even care if this baby comes out ok as long as it gets out of me... Or would they just let me leave it at the hospital? I never had anything like this with my daughter.... I am wondering if I am just over this pregnancy and it will be better after or there is something more to this .... Please help!

Re: Pre-post part?

• Options
    I don't have any personal experience with this because I only have one child, for now.  I'm sure this is a combo of pregnancy hormones and the fact that the pregnancy has been very difficult.  That would hard hard on any female.  Have you talked to your doctor about these specific symptoms?  If not, I would.  I read another post of yours saying you take Celexa, maybe you need a dose or med change?

You are also probably freaking out wondering if you are going to experience PPD, how are you going to handle 2, etc...  All of these fears are real fears.  You will eventually adjust to having 2 once you get into a routine again.  Stay close with your doctor to manage the PPD.

Good luck! 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"