2nd Trimester
Options

Question for knitters.

I have a set of Addi Click Turbos and ever since becoming pregnant I am having a terrible time. They are all turning tarnished, even my size 0 sock needles that I bought separate from the set. Any advice? I've talked to Addi who just say my body is different, isn't everyone's? Is this something I should bring up to my doctor? My needles were a gift from my husband and I hate that they are such a pain to work with now! Sorry if there are spelling and punctuation mistakes, never posted from my ipad before!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Proud Police Wife

Re: Question for knitters.

• Options
    That's so strange. I've never heard of that happening, and I have used those a lot in the past!
    Maybe you should convince Addi to send you a new pair..
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Addi Turbos are brass, and I know that lots of people have skin reactions to brass so it doesn't shock me to hear that your changed skin chemistry might be causing them to tarnish faster, although that is a new one to me!  I'd just pick up some cheap bamboo to use for the duration if the clicks are all you have - you could ask your OB but unless they're giving you a rash I doubt there's anything they can suggest (other than not using them).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The tarnish will wear off as you use the needles- mine are always shiny in the middle of a project and dull and tarnished at the start. Of course it comes back, and the smell bothers some people (I actually find it rather pleasant) but that's always going to happen with brass needles. Nothing to do to stop it.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"