Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Paci Diaries: Day 3

So tonight is the end of day 3 with no paci. It's been going alright- definitely going to bed much later, BUT he is asking for it more today than the past two days. I try to ignore, change the subject, we say paci for babies and all that. (He doesn't understand the paci fairy, give to Santa methods, so cold turkey is working for us and [hopefully] there's no going back!) How long did it take for your LO to give it up when you went cold turkey?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Paci Diaries: Day 3

• Options
    I found after the third day it got easier. Then it wasn't a constant thing. Just stay strong...I bet you by the end of the week he won't be asking for it at all.

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Options
    5 days. But it felt like forever. Hang in there, stay strong, he'll forget about it by the end of the week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went cold turkey about a month ago.  It's been rough in the fact that with her paci, she would fall right to sleep at nap and night.  Now, she rolls around, sings, plays, fusses.  STILL!  I'm hoping this is just coincidental timing of a phase and not because we threw out the paci.  Pretty much every person I've talked to said it took between 3-5 days.  GL!
    BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"