Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Sleep routine change...

Since 2months my DD has been STTN. Now past week ( she will be 6 months this week) it is a struggle for her to go to bed. I believe she is teething & I am trying to help with the pain. What I am not sure now is if she is being fussy for pain or wants to be carried/rocked to sleep? It normally would take 5 min to rock to her sleep. Now, if I rock to sleep to wakes up as soon as I put her to her crib. Is this normal as I believe babies go thru changes when they go into a new month?

Any tips or advice are welcomed J

Re: Sleep routine change...

• Options
    You just hang on for the ride until it changes again
  • Options
    It will pass.  She'll go back to STTN and then it'll change again.  Don't worry, there is a light at the end of every tunnel and you'll be able to get some uninterrupted sleep every now and then.  My DD just started STTN again but she still has a MOTN wake up every 3-4 days.  Sometimes I swear she's just trying to keep me on my toes . . .
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With teething/sickness, quite often I have to bedshare (if even for a few hours to get her relaxed enough to get into a deep sleep where I can transfer her).
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our LO went through this recently, and he still wakes when we put him in the crib. He will be out cold snoring and in baby dreamland. The second we put him down he wakes up and looks at you then cries. Sometimes he'll go back to sleep other nights we just rub his tummy and shush him back to sleep. I know he's getting his first teeth, so I am just chucking up to teething. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    We're going through the same thing. No real advice, but sympathy, mama!

Also, ditto @aibrean re: bedsharing. It's the only thing that's worked for us so far.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"