Trying to Get Pregnant

~~UO THURSDAY!!~~~

2»

Re: ~~UO THURSDAY!!~~~

• Strawberries are gross.
    Thank you. I will add blueberries to this list.  Holy jeez and cooked berries, cherries, etc. is just nasty. 
    Don't worry, I'm working on it. 

• Loading the player...
  • MauiBliss said:
    Joy2611 said:
    <--- has no idea what is going on with Duck Dynasty.  At all.  This thread has been me trying to piece it together instead of going to read the news.
    Guy is on t.v. show. It is his job. His employer is a major network. He publicly went out and said some nasty, anti-homosexual things. His employer found this to be deplorable and fired him.

People are either: 1) happy because the show is stupid or 2) furious because FREEDOM OF SPEECH, Y'ALL!!!
    Well, those are the two opinions of commenters on the articles written about it.  Some people are like me.  I love the show and I'm sad that he made those comments but I really don't think that the show and his entire family should be judged because of what he said.  He isn't the focus of the show, and my granddad is very homophobic, but I support gay marriage (or, you know, marriage), and I wouldn't want people to think I was a bigot just because we're related and I still love him.
    imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • Strawberries are gross.
    Thank you. I will add blueberries to this list.  Holy jeez and cooked berries, cherries, etc. is just nasty. 
    But... but... what about PIE???  Topped with ice cream?  No?  That just ain't 'Murrican.
  • My UO: I may love my smutty erotica, but I think the 50 Shades of Grey series is the WORST IN THE WORLD.  It made the Twilight saga look like deep literature.  It was so terrible.

The plot was terrible, the characters were terrible (really?  A very handsome young man who is a billionaire because he found a sustainable way to cure hunger?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?), and Anastasia has to be the MOST boring heroine on the planet.

This is a weird gripe, but I'm going to lay it out there.  The tone was very British English.  Every fucking character had a British accent in my head.  WHICH WAS WEIRD!!!  Because the story is set in Seattle!!  With Americans!!  One from the deep south!!!  NO!!!  Americans do not go on holiday, they take vacations.  Americans do not have showers, they take showers.  Americans do not say lift, they say elevator.  This would've been totally cool if EL James set the scene in London.  Or if she said the characters were expats from the UK. 

AND WHY WAS ANASTASIA ALWAYS MAKING TEA???  What red blooded American needs English Breakfast tea every hour on the hour?  ARGH!!!!

*ahem* Sorry.  A lot of women loved this series for God only knows what reason.  But you can go ahead and make fun of me because...

I kinda sorta really loved Twilight.  I own all the books.  And the movies.

I didn't think the plot was terrible.  I always wonder what people expected it to be.  It's not like the Sleeping Beauty trilogy has a complex plot.  One correction, he didn't become a billionaire by curing hunger, he became a billionaire and wants to cure world hunger.

However, I agree with you on the British phrases.  If you can't write in American lingo, don't set the book in America.  And, major WTF to the tea.

As far as Anastasia being boring, I think that's the point.  Like Bella in Twilight, there's no real character development because it allows the "any woman" to insert herself into the storyline.

FFThursdayC:  I decided to re-read the books this week.  H has been out of town for a week.  I should have stuck to Hallmark Christmas movies to waste my time.
    imageimage
    TTC since August 2011
  • @wishiwaspreggo Have you read the Jenny reads 50 Shades blog? It's the blog of an erotica/romance novelist who took on reading all of the 50 Shades books and summarizing the chapters in the most hilarious ways. It made me wake H up one night giggling hysterically. She also writes pretty good stuff and is doing a Buffy recap from the beginning. Link: https://jennytrout.wordpress.com/ You can find a link to the recaps from here.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EmeJay said:

mmb248 said:

My UO: I may love my smutty erotica, but I think the 50 Shades of Grey series is the WORST IN THE WORLD.  It made the Twilight saga look like deep literature.  It was so terrible.

The plot was terrible, the characters were terrible (really?  A very handsome young man who is a billionaire because he found a sustainable way to cure hunger?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?), and Anastasia has to be the MOST boring heroine on the planet.

This is a weird gripe, but I'm going to lay it out there.  The tone was very British English.  Every fucking character had a British accent in my head.  WHICH WAS WEIRD!!!  Because the story is set in Seattle!!  With Americans!!  One from the deep south!!!  NO!!!  Americans do not go on holiday, they take vacations.  Americans do not have showers, they take showers.  Americans do not say lift, they say elevator.  This would've been totally cool if EL James set the scene in London.  Or if she said the characters were expats from the UK. 

AND WHY WAS ANASTASIA ALWAYS MAKING TEA???  What red blooded American needs English Breakfast tea every hour on the hour?  ARGH!!!!

*ahem* Sorry.  A lot of women loved this series for God only knows what reason.  But you can go ahead and make fun of me because...

I kinda sorta really loved Twilight.  I own all the books.  And the movies.

I didn't think the plot was terrible.  I always wonder what people expected it to be.  It's not like the Sleeping Beauty trilogy has a complex plot.  One correction, he didn't become a billionaire by curing hunger, he became a billionaire and wants to cure world hunger.

However, I agree with you on the British phrases.  If you can't write in American lingo, don't set the book in America.  And, major WTF to the tea.

As far as Anastasia being boring, I think that's the point.  Like Bella in Twilight, there's no real character development because it allows the "any woman" to insert herself into the storyline.

FFThursdayC:  I decided to re-read the books this week.  H has been out of town for a week.  I should have stuck to Hallmark Christmas movies to waste my time.
    Dude, the whole, "throwing shadows" bit threw me off and I'm an avid BBCA'er.

Bad bad writing.  Someone needed to edit the crap out of those books and I'm sad that they didn't.
    You guys all know that 50 shades started as a Twilight fanfiction right?
    Yeah.  I can't speak for slaps and wish, but that was why I was comparing the two.
    imageimage
    TTC since August 2011
  • UO: I hate when people write X-Mas instead of Christmas. Makes all sorts of irrational ragey. 

I have never watched the Duck show either, but I think he can say whatever he wants. I do not agree with his statements at. all. They are grossly misinformed. 

I almost feel like the Duck dynasty guys are fakes. Anyone ever see that super preppy pic of the family? All clean cut with polos and burmuda shorts?

I think you can spend whatever you'd like for weddings. As long as you aren't going in debt over it. 
  • edited December 2013

Yup.  I'm 100% aware that it's fan fiction. 

I think what bothered me about it the most was its negative portrayals of the BDSM community.  And Anastasia was TOTALLY not into it, and even when she "started" getting into it, she never really enjoyed it.  And Christian should NOT have enjoyed it if she was not consenting.  It was really icky.

All parties were having a good time in the Sleeping Beauty triology, though :)

I really enjoyed reading the Amazon.com reviews of 50 Shades, though.  Some people are downright hilarious.  One counted the number of times EL James wrote "sigh" "bit her lip" "gasp" etc.

And don't even get me started on the "inner goddess."

@divinemsbee - now I know what I'm going to do with my time between Dec 29th and Jan 5th when I have nothing else going on :) THANK YOU!

• sister13 said:
    Am I the only asshole who thinks it's funny/ironic/weird that we had a "I didn't know I was pregnant" situation on this board? If so, that's my UO for the day.  

Sidenote: @funnibunni80 - you are NOT allowed to respond to "am I pregnant" posts with your story!
    LOL!  no problem, I have no plans to white knight.  :)  I didn't know I was pregnant because I stopped testing weekly, which I shouldn't have done.  It was stupid, and I feel really bad about it.  There was more than one night of rum, (two actually) because I was so sad that I could have, and should have, avoided.  :(

The only thing I will respond to "Am I pregnant posts" with (advice-wise) will be to test, to WAIT THE FULL 10 MINUTES before deciding it was a BFN, and to continue to do so weekly until a period, a positive, or CD 60.  Promise.  :)
    @funnibunni80 What did I miss?!?! Link please?!?!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have a couple of doozy UOs!

1) I hate 50 shades of grey. I think it's badly written, and rapey. Gives me the creeps.

2) I dislike Christmas. It's stressful. I can get together with my family under much more ideal conditions (ie no mortal combat with shoppers, no snow and ice, no pressure for gifts, no hyper expensive travel, and no fucking weird media snits over the race of Santa).
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2013

LuvBird29 said:

UO: I hate when people write X-Mas instead of Christmas. Makes all sorts of irrational ragey. 

Why, because they are taking the Christ out of Christmas? It's not even homeboy's birthday anyway.

Um no, not at all. I just hate the look of it. It's a eyesore.

I know that Jesus wasn't born on the 25th of December.

ETA weird formatting. 

• I have a couple of doozy UOs!

1) I hate 50 shades of grey. I think it's badly written, and rapey. Gives me the creeps.

2) I dislike Christmas. It's stressful. I can get together with my family under much more ideal conditions (ie no mortal combat with shoppers, no snow and ice, no pressure for gifts, no hyper expensive travel, and no fucking weird media snits over the race of Santa).

LOL- did you see the Fox News piece about Santa (and Jesus)?

Yep! That's another reason I don't like the season. People get seriously irrational and it freaks me out. Every time someone aggresively spits "merry CHRISTMAS!" at me, I worry that I'm in the presence of someone who will take a swing at me if I don't say it back.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • sister13 said:
    Am I the only asshole who thinks it's funny/ironic/weird that we had a "I didn't know I was pregnant" situation on this board? If so, that's my UO for the day.  

Sidenote: @funnibunni80 - you are NOT allowed to respond to "am I pregnant" posts with your story!
    LOL!  no problem, I have no plans to white knight.  :)  I didn't know I was pregnant because I stopped testing weekly, which I shouldn't have done.  It was stupid, and I feel really bad about it.  There was more than one night of rum, (two actually) because I was so sad that I could have, and should have, avoided.  :(

The only thing I will respond to "Am I pregnant posts" with (advice-wise) will be to test, to WAIT THE FULL 10 MINUTES before deciding it was a BFN, and to continue to do so weekly until a period, a positive, or CD 60.  Promise.  :)
    @funnibunni80 What did I miss?!?! Link please?!?!
    @brownmouse - https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12201267/my-third-opinion-results#latest
    :)
    Crazy! ANd awesome! Congrats @funnibunni80! I'm curious what your chart looks like. 

• brownmousebrownmouse member
    edited December 2013
    @funnibunni80 So you took a HPT on 18 DPO and it was negative? I am just wondering because according to FF, I Oed on CD 29, and am now 20 DPO... My last negative test was on 17DPO, and I just can't bring myself to keep testing. I figure I ovulated later than FF says, but I didn't have ay fertile CM after that so I dunno. I just got mirena out a few months ago too, so my cycles are wonky...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"