September 2012 Moms
Options

This is dumb, but talk me down

Okay so for the last like, 4 weeks I have had every shitty pregnancy symptom there is.. you name it, I had it. Over the last few days, though, they've stopped. Makes perfect sense right? What with me being like 15 weeks or whatever. But I am a super anxious person, and have assumed the worst. I know this is a stupid FTM mom thing to do, but do you think something is wrong, or is everything just being normal again? We don't have a dr appt until the 30th, and I have NO SIGN what so ever that something is up--no bleeding or cramping or anything to raise a legit red flag-- but I am the type that has to worry about something, and this pregnancy has been *so* different from my first two, so I'm mildly freaking. Is it possible to just stop being pregnant? 

So I'm asking the stupid question.. should I call the Dr? 

Re: This is dumb, but talk me down

• Options
    Sounds totally normal to me... around 15w or so you tend to see a lot of posts asking about pregnancy symptoms going away on the BMBs.  Don't worry Momma- like you said, you have no indications that anything is wrong, so baby is most likely healthy. 
  • Options
    Sounds completely normal.  I never really had any of the pregnancy symptoms, ever, but I cramped ALOT so I was worried nonstop.  At 15 weeks, it's normal for your body to have adjusted.  Just sit back and enjoy not feeling crappy :)
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, you're hopefully getting to the very brief "easy" part (ha) when your body settles down a bit and you feel more normal, except for the little watermelon growing in your stomach of course ;) Don't worry, those delightful symptoms will come back around in the 3rd trimester.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I know I should just enjoy not feeling gross and tired and bloaty and sick, it really nice to not feel crummy for a bit. I'm sure it'll get better once I can feel the baby moving and such. 
  • Options
    All my symptoms turned off like a light switch for the second tri and then when the baby started getting bigger towards the end of it they returned.  Sounds normal to me! Have you gotten any kicks yet?  Is it time to start counting those? I can't remember.  If you feel worried though I would definitely call.  What's wrong with getting a peace of mind?  ;) 
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options
    All my symptoms turned off like a light switch for the second tri and then when the baby started getting bigger towards the end of it they returned.  Sounds normal to me! Have you gotten any kicks yet?  Is it time to start counting those? I can't remember.  If you feel worried though I would definitely call.  What's wrong with getting a peace of mind?  ;) 
    I think I've felt him/her a couple times, but not strong enough to be sure. Jasper was a gymnast, so his jabs were more like roundhouse kicks to the kidneys, even early on. I"m sure I was jus this worried the first two times, I just can't recall at the moment. 
  • Options
    I was really worried with my second pregnancy also. I mean, I had some scary moments with DD but I didn't really know what to expect so I just rolled with it.

Other than morning sickness my 2nd pregnancy was completely different. He was a lazy bean and would only move if I poked him or had something sugary. He was smaller and I carried him way different (DD was comically high and DS was sitting on my bladder). He would be so still for so long that I called a couple of times and they had me come in. Just hearing that heart beat was a huge weight off my shoulders. If your really worried, just call. Or invest in a doppler so you can sit around and listen to that little heart beat away!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Summer-Infant-Heart-to-Heart-Digital-Prenatal-Listening-System/30044947
  • Options
    Or you can rent them (more expensive but more reliable)

https://www.babybeat.com/fetal-dopplers.html
  • Options
    @Banich, I've considered getting one of these, but I think I'd end up being obsessive about it. I am an extremist, it's not a good thing
  • Options
    jessk86 said:
    @Banich, I've considered getting one of these, but I think I'd end up being obsessive about it. I am an extremist, it's not a good thing

I always think of Away We Go when I see those things.
  • Options
    jessk86 said:
    I think I've felt him/her a couple times, but not strong enough to be sure. Jasper was a gymnast, so his jabs were more like roundhouse kicks to the kidneys, even early on. I"m sure I was jus this worried the first two times, I just can't recall at the moment. 
    Pregnancy brain, see, you DO have symptoms.  ;)  That's exciting! Those first kicks and "wonder if those were kicks" are the best.  :)  Jasper is a wild man.
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Options
    This was exactly me at that point with Leo. I was nervous because I wasn't showing as much as I was with James and you are suppose to show more the second time, right. I hate that awkward time between losing your shitty symptoms and feeling the baby move. Hang in there, you will be feeling movements soon!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Nope. That is normal and you get to be thankful for the respite. More irritating symptoms are on the way. Enjoy the break and talk lots to the baby. Hugs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"