Trying to Get Pregnant

~~UO THURSDAY!!~~~

Re: ~~UO THURSDAY!!~~~

• idk if this is a confession or an unpopular opinion but here it goes: 

I don't like alcohol. I rarely drink it. I had one drink last week and it just made me sleepy. I had two drinks at a fundraiser last night and they made me sick. I have drank heavily three times in the last five years and each time ended very, very badly sickness wise. I normally go a long time between having even one drink at home, and when I do have it it's always "why am I drinking this, again?"

My opinion: Most of it doesn't taste that great anyway. I'd rather have sparkling cider during the holidays anyway.
  • Loading the player...
  • *de-lurking* Just wanted to post this article for all of the UOs about people "bragging on Facebook" or being annoyed by their friends in their newsfeeds... https://www.theonion.com/articles/obnoxious-friend-wont-stop-attaining-major-life-mi,31528/ K, that's all. Love you bishes! xoxo
    I LOVE that article!!! 

and PS: (pretending this is a monday bitch...) I am still slightly sick from my big 'two drinks' last night... and the first TWO HOURS WORTH OF PEOPLE of my day just cancelled. I could have been in bed, hanging out with my dog and sipping Gatorade in my pajamas. Now I'm sipping gatorade on my office couch Bumping.... not too bad but still. 
  • ArmyWife0623ArmyWife0623 member
    edited December 2013
    WolFox said:
    *de-lurking* Just wanted to post this article for all of the UOs about people "bragging on Facebook" or being annoyed by their friends in their newsfeeds... https://www.theonion.com/articles/obnoxious-friend-wont-stop-attaining-major-life-mi,31528/ K, that's all. Love you bishes! xoxo
    I LOVE that article!!! 

and PS: (pretending this is a monday bitch...) I am still slightly sick from my big 'two drinks' last night... and the first TWO HOURS WORTH OF PEOPLE of my day just cancelled. I could have been in bed, hanging out with my dog and sipping Gatorade in my pajamas. Now I'm sipping gatorade on my office couch Bumping.... not too bad but still. 
    you have a couch in your office, that sounds like a win to me! do all the bumping!! (hope you feel better!
    photo bf6df11a-4a10-4156-814b-c27eee7e0e89.jpg photo 6e679f21-d3f5-4ab8-bd2c-3c7a839092d8.jpg

• the first time in over 5 years, i am sick. im kinda glad in the sense that i no longer have to put on the fake happy act for the IL's that are staying here til day after christmas. since my m/c last month, i am just not in the holiday spirit this year. so now i can blame being so down on being sick, rather than still being upset over my loss.
    photo bf6df11a-4a10-4156-814b-c27eee7e0e89.jpg photo 6e679f21-d3f5-4ab8-bd2c-3c7a839092d8.jpg

• ozma23 said:
    With all the Phil stuff going 'round..

I hate Duck Dynasty. I think it's a horrid show. It's boring and silly.
    the only thing it has going for it is the fact that it's not the nasty reality tv like jersey shore. other then that, I find it silly. I grew up there and I have never seen anyone resembling those men.a it's all for the show.
    I've enjoyed the show a lot in the past. One major reason was that they didn't get political and they didn't scream at each other. You could tell that they were most likely conservative, but they purposefully kept political talk out of it for exactly this reason...
  • *de-lurking* Just wanted to post this article for all of the UOs about people "bragging on Facebook" or being annoyed by their friends in their newsfeeds... https://www.theonion.com/articles/obnoxious-friend-wont-stop-attaining-major-life-mi,31528/ K, that's all. Love you bishes! xoxo
    LOL. There is a local charity that has a good deed of the day thing going where a local radio station announces a good deed of the day (this morning it was donating school supplies to your local school) and if you do the good deed and post about it on FB and tag the charity they will donate 5 meals to a local homeless shelter (I think it's a homeless shelter).

TTC since August 2011, Me = 40, DH = 38
    Unexplained IF. Tried Clomid for 3 cycles. All BFNs. BFP 1/6/13. Chemical pregnancy.

Moving on to IVF#1. ER 11/26/13, 16 eggs retreived, 12 mature and all fertilized. 2 blasts transferred on 12/1. All other embies arrested so nothing left to freeze. Beta 12/10 = BFN. IVF #2 March 2014. BFP!!! TEAM BLUE!!!

image imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• That drives me crazy too @HiCan.
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    Married 08/11/12 & TTC Since 10/13
    Previous Endo and Ovarian Cyst DX 
    March 2010: Lap. Surgery & D&C--removed 2 cysts 
    BFP: 12/20/2013 EDD: 09/03/2014 
    Travis Karel arrived on 08/21/2014 at 38w1d.
    BFP #2!  Travis is getting a sibling!
    EDD: 1/24/2017

Mama to my two furbabies Sam and Phoenix

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • englandxo said:
    WolFox said:
    ozma23 said:
    With all the Phil stuff going 'round..

the only thing it has going for it is the fact that it's not the nasty reality tv like jersey shore. other then that, I find it silly. I grew up there and I have never seen anyone resembling those men.a it's all for the show.
    I've enjoyed the show a lot in the past. One major reason was that they didn't get political and they didn't scream at each other. You could tell that they were most likely conservative, but they purposefully kept political talk out of it for exactly this reason...
    I love the show. Sometimes you just need to unwind with mindless TV. I've never been into other "reality" TV shows, except Swamp People. I know it's scripted, and it's all a production, but I still find it entertaining. Guilty Pleasure TV :)
    Oh I completely agree that mindless TV is needed sometimes. I actually watch quite a bit of mindless reality TV, I love lots of them.  Just not Duck Dynasty. I just can't get into it.

(Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)

• With all the Phil stuff going 'round..

Yeah, I don't get it. I saw an episode (against my will) the other day where the two guys took their wives hunting, and the whole plot of that episode was making fun of the wives for wearing perfume while out in the deer stand. I refuse to believe that two women who grew up in that area and are married to those men didn't know that perfume and hunting do not mix. 
    Pretty much any show that has "Reality" in the name is fake.

I actually hate the show and think its fake. I've only seen one episode. My first husband was a HUGE hunter and I went with him a few times. Once I was sitting in the deer stand and pulled out my fingernail polish and started painting my nails. Everyone picked on me about that for years. I didn't know!!! LOL

Fucking bump!!!!
  • I think the amount of money spent on weddings is getting out of hand. If you can afford it, or your parents can, and it isn't putting anyone out, go ahead. But if you or your parents are going into major debt to put on this event, why? Use that money to buy a house, a car, something that will be more than just one day. I get that it's a dream for some people....but it just seems so silly to me to take out a loan or go broke paying for a party.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ozma23 said:
    I don't think kids under 13 should have tablets and smart phones. our parents already complained too much about us sitting in front of the tv or playing video games and how much we never went outside.

I know kids who are 8 or 9 years old and refuse to go anywhere without their tablet. I feel like parents would rather distract the kid with them to have their adult times than interact with them.
    SD bought herself a kindle fire for her 10th birthday. I was all excited thinking "YEA she's reading!" but no, she plays way too mature fashion games and watches youtube. BM said that the *only* reason they let her get it was so that she could Skype her when she is at our house, even though we have Skype on our laptop and phones. We have the 30 minutes media time for every 30 minutes spent reading rule (max 1 hour) and it works like a charm.

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• mrskbuck said:

I think the amount of money spent on weddings is getting out of hand. If you can afford it, or your parents can, and it isn't putting anyone out, go ahead. But if you or your parents are going into major debt to put on this event, why? Use that money to buy a house, a car, something that will be more than just one day. I get that it's a dream for some people....but it just seems so silly to me to take out a loan or go broke paying for a party.

My in laws freaking took out a second mortgage on their home to pay for each of their daughters 30k weddings. They gave us $2500. Im very grateful for that, but my husband was kind of hurt that they went on and on about how much they're spending on his sisters' weddings and then give us a fraction of that. Like, don't even bring it up at all. We don't wanna know how much more monetary value you place on your daughters than your son.

Which brings me to my UO: I think if you're contributing to any of your children's weddings, you should treat them all equally instead of just saying you're only gonna help when you're the parents of the bride. That's sexist and outdated. *note- we paid for our wedding ourselves, it was more the theory that "my daughters are worth ___, while my son is worth ____" that kind of got to us.
  • mrskbuck said:

I think the amount of money spent on weddings is getting out of hand. If you can afford it, or your parents can, and it isn't putting anyone out, go ahead. But if you or your parents are going into major debt to put on this event, why? Use that money to buy a house, a car, something that will be more than just one day. I get that it's a dream for some people....but it just seems so silly to me to take out a loan or go broke paying for a party.

I wish so badly I had taken the 15k my parents spent on our wedding when they offered it to us. It would have made a nice down payment on our house for sure.
    Diagnosed with PCOS June 2010
    Married September 2010
    TTC August 2013
    BFP #1 05/12/2014 - EDD 01/11/2015

• ozma23 said:
    I don't think kids under 13 should have tablets and smart phones. our parents already complained too much about us sitting in front of the tv or playing video games and how much we never went outside.

I know kids who are 8 or 9 years old and refuse to go anywhere without their tablet. I feel like parents would rather distract the kid with them to have their adult times than interact with them.
    I 100% agree with this. When I was a kid, we weren't allowed to watch t.v. on weeknights (this lasted until we were 18). I remember sneaking Full House while before my parent's came home, and then when they did all they had to do was feel the top of our t.v., and if it was warm, we were caught. I remember thinking they were the worst parents of all time back then, but now I appreciate it. 
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• janda426 said:

mrskbuck said:

My in laws freaking took out a second mortgage on their home to pay for each of their daughters 30k weddings. They gave us $2500. Im very grateful for that, but my husband was kind of hurt that they went on and on about how much they're spending on his sisters' weddings and then give us a fraction of that. Like, don't even bring it up at all. We don't wanna know how much more monetary value you place on your daughters than your son.

Which brings me to my UO: I think if you're contributing to any of your children's weddings, you should treat them all equally instead of just saying you're only gonna help when you're the parents of the bride. That's sexist and outdated. *note- we paid for our wedding ourselves, it was more the theory that "my daughters are worth ___, while my son is worth ____" that kind of got to us.
    Totally agree that if you need to take out a loan for a wedding, you are spending too much. I totally see where you are coming from on unequal spending. I actually didn't mind at all that my parents contributed to my sister's wedding but not to mine. DH and I are older and in a better financial position so I didn't want them to help. Plus dh and I basically had full control over the planning which was great and kept the drama down to a minimum.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• sister13 said:
    This is probably not a UO, but I just wanted to say I am not opening the "Brown Junk" thread. 

Eh, it just another "Could I be?" thread. At least the OP is being nice about the responses (so far). 
    Aha, ok. So it's a disguised "am I pregnant" post? Like the disguised "new to the board" thread where she bumped her TTGP intro (not her pregancy posts) to test out her pregnancy ticker. 

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

• HiCan said:
    I really hate it when people spell y'all like ya'll.  Y'all is a contraction of you all, which means you're omitting letters from the word.  It's the reason for the apostrophe.  There's a business I know that has "Merry Christmas, ya'll" on the front page of their website and it drives me bananas.
    @HiCan, this is a pet peeve for me too, and I'm that annoying bitch that points it out to store owners/businesses. I had a friend suggest that ya'll and y'all were both allowable spellings.  Um, what?  Is ca'nt an acceptable alternative to can't?  No?  Okay then, point made.

Apparently, my UO is that I like Duck Dynasty, and yes, I see that it's scripted, but I still think that they're acting like themselves in contrived situations.  People who say, "No one really acts that way" need to come and visit my family.  Willie acts just like my dad and even says a lot of the same stuff.  My sister and I watch it together, and pathetically, laugh and cry simultaneously because for those few moments it's almost like he's there with us. 

Oh - and the episode where the guys take their wives hunting, I was more irritated that they made a big deal about wearing perfume.  I've had successful hunting trips while wearing a cute non-camo outfit and perfume.  Personally, I think if you need full body camo, face paint, and deer urine, you might want to ask yourself why you need so much shit to hunt.  Obviously, this UO does not apply to people who live in areas with a sparse deer population.
    imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
  • @trawas01 - That's quite alright :) The term is used all the time - even by some gays which makes me cringe.  Since it's common vernacular it doesn't shock me when people say it.  It bothers me a lot more when it comes from George Dubbya Bush.  Oh, it drove me nuts when he'd go on and on about the "homosexual lifestyle" (then changing it to "deathstyle" as if gay men were nothing more than AIDS carrying vermin).  May we never, ever have a president like him again.

@mmb248 - LOL!!!  That's how big my friend's Saran Wrap was!!!  But he's also a young man.  And one who rarely cooks at that.  I'm certain your granny has much more wholesome uses for hers ;)

• I live UT. We are having the worst inversion and red air days. People that drive a truck or other heavy emissions vehicle with no other passengers or nothing being hauled deserve to have their tires slashed. Or at least some kind of fine system for making our air un-breathable. I really want to move.

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• sister13 said:
    Am I the only asshole who thinks it's funny/ironic/weird that we had a "I didn't know I was pregnant" situation on this board? If so, that's my UO for the day.  

Sidenote: @funnibunni80 - you are NOT allowed to respond to "am I pregnant" posts with your story!

@sister13 You would have chased me out of this place with a flaming torch last July with my BFP announcement then.
    Don't get me wrong - I'm very happy for her and not saying she should be flamed.  I just had to shake my head a little bit looking at her chart yesterday and knowing her early history on the board. 

Goddamn, I have had some long cycles and sometimes I get so mad at myself for testing and thinking "maybe, just maybe..."  

Speaking from the ignorance of never having been pregnant, and with cards stacked against it ever happening for me - it seems like it would kind of be nice to just wake up one day and be 8 weeks pregnant.  How far along were you? 

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

• I don't understand and can't get behind taking "selfies". Especially the ones where the person is posing like they are not posing so they don't look at the camera and have a pensive look on their face. I wanted to see how it was done and I felt so ridiculous doing it I had to laugh at myself. I am sure there are valid reasons to take one and post to FB/IG, but I can't think of any reason I would ever want to do one.

I feel like I should add that I don' t dislike people who take them It is just something I don't understand and would feel silly doing. I kind of look at it like wearing a Fedora though. I resisted for years and thought I could never pull off wearing one and then I finally did and never looked back, so maybe I would one day feel the same way about selfies. I doubt I would, but ya never know,
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mrskbuck said:
    I'm with you on this one!  I'm always horrified when people exceed the $10K mark on their wedding day.  I'm all for having a fabulous party and showing your guests a good time, but I prefer quality over quantity.  I plan to only invite my nearest and dearest friends and relatives when we do have a wedding.  With fewer people we can afford more per person than we would be able to if I invited both of our entire extended families and every friend I thought would be interested in attending.  And hell no, I'm not going to host and pay for a giant wedding!  Seems like more could go wrong that way, too.  So much stress...
  • UO - I think it's important to know the difference between and the proper use of "could care less" and "couldn't care less".

Basically, you will probably never use "could care less".  ;)
    EXACTLY!
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• UO - I think it's important to know the difference between and the proper use of "could care less" and "couldn't care less".

Basically, you will probably never use "could care less".  ;)
    I could probably care less about the drama that's happening in the cube next to mine, but it's all so intriguing!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"