Working Moms

DD = distraction at nap-time

DD has never slept long during nap time at dc, but now apparently she will wake up and pretty much just be loud while the other kids are trying to sleep.  The teacher says she has tried to distract her and keep her occupied, and it worked for a while, but now she just pretty much screams or is loud.  The teacher has tried time out, but that's probably about it.  I didn't have any ideas for because our punishments pretty much consist of time out or just the ill effects of whatever she has done and I'm never in this situation at home!  

Any suggestions for what I can do to help her understand how to act during nap time or to give the teacher?  TIA

(She's a little over two if you're on mobile.)
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: DD = distraction at nap-time

• They have a daily reward system - if they're on green, they get a treat, yellow, no treat, etc.  She's been on yellow the past couple of days because of this now.  But...treats are given at the end of the day (so I'm not sure she associates these with being good at specific times), and she usually doesn't even get a treat when she's on green because their treats are candy which I've nixed.  

Maybe I can bring in something special for her and tell the teacher she can use it as special quite-at-nap-time bribery...hum...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't have any suggestions but I just wanted to say that I think the teacher is asking a lot from you. You are not there at nap time, I just don't know what she expects you to do to curb a two year olds behavior from afar. Sorry, I'm a little sensitive about this bc my sons's teacher emailed me about his behavior today, which as far as I am concerned is normal, and I think she should have some tools on her pocket to deal with it.
    Maybe your teacher needs to sit with her and encourage her to be calm. Maybe she needs to go hang out somewhere else if she won't sleep, like with the director.
  • Loading the player...
  • That would bother me that my child is put in time out for not taking a longer nap. My DD is the same way. The provider removes her from the area and gives her things to do -- painting, color, blocks, books. I understand your child is over 2 but she is likely bored and acting through the situation.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"