July 2013 Moms

Sad day here

It's a sad, tear-inducing day here in my household. I decided to get all of little man's 3 month outfits out to see how they fit him (and to see if any are cold weather appropriate since we're going back to NM for Christmas). They're all big on him but aren't so big that he can't wear them. I've decided since he has enough of them, it's time to box up his 0-3 month outfits even though he can fit in most of them. 

My peanut is getting big and I want it to stop :((
Married 12.20.2010
BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Sad day here

• We are easily into 6 month and some 9 month here. 3-6 still fits him, unless it has feet. It makes me sad whenever I box stuff up and I avoid it as long as possible. Haha
    Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• Loading the player...
  • Yea, DD is in 9 month clothes now. I blame my super tall hubby...
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• If he didn't have an irrational amount of 0-3 month stuff, I'd just keep them out.
    Married 12.20.2010
  • I just went through all my LO's clothes today. So sad :( he's in 3-6 month now but I doubt this size lasts long. He's been growing like a weed!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2013
    Jeez, I thought I had a giant baby. How big are all your kids if they're in 12-18 month clothes? Ruby is at least 20 pounds and 26 inches.

LO was 28.5 in and 19lbs at her 4 mo appt.  She is almost 6mo and if I had to guess I would say 30in (she has outgrown her car seat) and maybe 21/22lbs

ETA we cloth diaper so we outgrow onesies a little faster but her 18 mo dresses are getting a little short too

• We are in 18 mo pants. Cloth diaper = big bottom 
    yup and we can't even attempt leggings which is like the only pants they make for girls
  • @MrsErinH He is but I didn't realize how much until I read all these responses lol
    @EagleWife Thanks!
    Married 12.20.2010
  • We are in 6-9 clothes. Some 12-18 stuff but only if it's a hand me down from my otger DS's the has shrunk a bit in the wash. He's not even 5 months yet! He was 27.5 inches and 17 lbs about 3 weeks ago so I'm thinking he's grown more since then. I thought he was going to be my small baby too since he was a full pound less than his brothers at birth, but he's nearly triple his birth weight at not quite 5 months! But, I am 6'2 and DH is 6'5 so I'm not shocked. Our other boys have always been off the charts too. We are all tall beanpoles in this house :)
  • We are in 18 mo pants. Cloth diaper = big bottom 
    yup and we can't even attempt leggings which is like the only pants they make for girls
    I buy boy pants for DD just for this reason!  No one has to know...

My girl is a tiny one- someone's gotta be on the other side of the curve I guess!
  • At 4 months, my son was 27&1/2 inches long. He's wearing 9 month clothing and 12 month feet pajamas now!
  • Wow, and I thought I had a little guy! I think he was about 25th percentile for weight and height--DS1 was always about 50th or so. He is wearing some 3-6 stuff but 6 month is starting to fit him better. He can still wear 3-6 mo pants though, for sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 9 month clothes over here!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• JELM2004 said:
    We are in 6-9 clothes. Some 12-18 stuff but only if it's a hand me down from my otger DS's the has shrunk a bit in the wash. He's not even 5 months yet! He was 27.5 inches and 17 lbs about 3 weeks ago so I'm thinking he's grown more since then. I thought he was going to be my small baby too since he was a full pound less than his brothers at birth, but he's nearly triple his birth weight at not quite 5 months! But, I am 6'2 and DH is 6'5 so I'm not shocked. Our other boys have always been off the charts too. We are all tall beanpoles in this house :)
    Hellllloooooo tall lady! ;;)

Sully keeps outgrowing his sleepers in length before he ever fills them out. His feet are always too long for the footies, too. I was cramming him into 3 mo clothes in ignorant bliss for a while because it was still a bit warm and he hasn't grown a butt yet. I was using the newborn baby legs on his calves and putting the smaller pants on him since they stay up. I've sine busted out his 6 month clothes and started putting some of the skinnier ones on him. He's now in 6-9 mo sleepers, 3-6 month clothing, and 12 mo socks. 

@EagleWife Oooooo another spreadsheet! I think I just wet myself with excitement! 
  • EagleWife said:

Hey! Maybe we should add a growth tab to the spreadsheet and add the stats from all of our checkups!!! We could have our own July '13 percentiles instead of just CDC and WHO. :D

Paging @ChrissieMeas and @ThompsonHM2 :P
    I do love stats, but I think this is a terrible idea destined to produce anxiety in moms whose babies, say, have gained less than a pound since October 1 because their guts aren't absorbing any nutrients. Just to throw out a random example. 
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • McSkin is holding strong in his 0-3's for now. I don't mind. I also get the sadz packing up outgrown clothes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• mimi4347 said:
    EagleWife said:

Hey! Maybe we should add a growth tab to the spreadsheet and add the stats from all of our checkups!!! We could have our own July '13 percentiles instead of just CDC and WHO. :D

I do love stats, but I think this is a terrible idea destined to produce anxiety in moms whose babies, say, have gained less than a pound since October 1 because their guts aren't absorbing any nutrients. Just to throw out a random example. 
    :( You might have a good point there, @mimi4347. Although the intent would be good (showing that babies come in all shapes and sizes), it could create some unwanted competition. 
  • We are moving into 6-9m here. 3-6m pants work well for him though. At his 4 month check-up he was 17lbs, 26 inches. He is 2 weeks shy of 5 months.
  • miss2697 said:

Yea, DD is in 9 month clothes now. I blame my super tall hubby...

Same here except I have a boy :) DH is 6'4 and I also blame him for LO's ginormo head. He is 99% for height and 100% for head. How is that even possible? :p
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mimi4347 said:
    EagleWife said:

:( You might have a good point there, @mimi4347. Although the intent would be good (showing that babies come in all shapes and sizes), it could create some unwanted competition. 
    @mimi4347, I'm sorry. I did not consider how insensitive that would be to our sweet little slower growers. It certainly would not be to create competition or increase anxiety levels. Hugs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"