Baby Showers

Snow Storm and a Twin Baby Shower

ciararaeciararae member
edited December 2013 in Baby Showers
So, a beautiful post popped up in my newsfeed and, since I'm not close enough with the woman to say anything to her, I had to tell someone. I remembered this site (from when I kept getting baby-themed coupons at the grocery store and wanted to give them to people who could use them - I've only got babies on the brain, and am no where close to having a family of my own yet), and I thought I would share it with you.

Background: The woman is 21 years old. She has a toddler girl, and is almost 8 months pregnant with twin girls. 

Today, she had her baby shower. We also had a massive snow storm, up to a solid foot in some places in the local area. A few family members showed up, but no one else did. She ranted about how she needed gifts from people because she doesn't have anything for the baby, and how she spent so much money throwing the shower. (OP had a paraphrased version of this facebook post, but I thought it was too close to the original and I don't know if she reads here.)

I'm probably being more judgmental than I should be because I don't have kids and have never had this situation happen (and I will acknowledge that it's sad that she can't afford anything for her children). But, your complaint isn't that you didn't get to spend time with people and celebrate your children, it's that people didn't come to your full-fledged, self-thrown baby shower for your second (and third) children so they could give you gifts? And, you have the audacity to rant about it on Facebook, when the reason people didn't show up was because it was unsafe to drive? Also, where is all of the stuff you had for your two or three year old? I just don't get it.

Re: Snow Storm and a Twin Baby Shower

• Wow. She's the new queen of tacky. Hopefully someone on her FB sets her entitled ass straight.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, I think she is just tacky all together...complaining about the lack of gifts and having a second baby shower, oh, and throwing it herself. TACKY! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"