Philadelphia Babies
Options

OB/hospital recs in Delaware/Chester counties

Hey ladies! I just found out I'm about 5 weeks, 5 days pregnant and I'd like to start looking for an OB. We live in the West Chester area and would like an OB that isn't too far away. I am thinking about delivering at Paoli, Bryn Mawr or Lankenau. Any experiences with a hospital and/or an OB practice would be great!

Re: OB/hospital recs in Delaware/Chester counties

• Options
    I live in wc too, and went with Riddle Hospital- mainline health ob/gyn. My experience was better than I expected, and I will probably stick with my OB's and hospital for #2. I would probably choose Paoli than the others- its probably the closest. I've heard very good things about Paoli, and know some women who delivered there. 
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family

• Options
    I highly recommend Paoli ob. I've met all of the doctors and really like all of them! This is our first child so I don't have any experience delivering at Paoli but I'm looking forward to having our baby girl there.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I ended up choosing Lankenau, but now I'm second guessing myself!

The OB I found is really close to work though, so I like that.
  • Options
    I just delivered at Lankenau in August and had a fantastic experience. I live 5 minutes from Lankenau and Bryn Mawr and though I am sure BM is a great hospital, I just heard a lot of mixed reviews, including a couple really bad experiences.

That said, if I lived in West Chester I would probably just deliver at Paoli
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    I live 5 minutes away from Chester County OBGYN in WCU and I've had a great experience so far! The doctors are all on a rotational schedule, so you won't have a set doctor who will deliver your baby. However, for every monthly appointment you can meet a new OB to get acquainted. They are all super nice. Chester County hospital will have a new maternity wing completed in Spring 2014, so I'm hoping it's done in time for my LO! I've also had a good experience at Maternal & Fetal Medicine Chester Co. good luck!
  • Options
    We are delivering at Lankenau with Lawrence Park OB/Gyn. I had my NT Scan at Bryn Mawr. RE was Mainline and used both Bryn Mawr and Paoli locations.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    @CMDR513, how are you? Congrats to you!
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    @Eaglesfan700- Thank you so much! I can't believe your youngest is four month old already! Seems like you were just pregnant. We are very excited for number 2. The A/S is on the 30th, but we are doing a midnight NY reveal for the three of us. How are things with you? Kiddos excited for the holidays?

• Options
    I know, I can't believe this time last year I was newly pregnant.  

So exciting!  Good luck at your a/s, best wishes for a healthy baby.  Let me know the news!  You will love delivering at Lankenau, the nurses are so great

The kids are great, so in love with their little sister.  They are the prime ages for Christmas fun, so they are super excited!  How is David?  He turns 5 soon!
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options
    What's bad about Bryn Mawr?
  • Options
    I'm set up with Bryn Mawr and am curious about the reviews too. I used to live in West Chester and went to Chester Co OBGYN for 10 years but switched bc I wasn't that happy with them, they were very impersonal and rushed appointments. I am very happy w Dr. Craparo at Main line OBGYN. But am only 7 weeks today so I'm sure I can change hospitals.
  • Options
    I know, I can't believe this time last year I was newly pregnant.  

So exciting!  Good luck at your a/s, best wishes for a healthy baby.  Let me know the news!  You will love delivering at Lankenau, the nurses are so great

The kids are great, so in love with their little sister.  They are the prime ages for Christmas fun, so they are super excited!  How is David?  He turns 5 soon!

@eaglesfan700- just sent you a PM!

• Options
    I'm delivering at Riddle in April. I highly recommend them. Early in my pregnancy I was going through some depression. The doctors were fantastic and so accommodating for an obgyn that it was impossible to not want them to deliver my child as well.
  • Options
    I highly recommend Lankenau. Delivered there in June and had a great experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"