December 2011 Moms
Options

Vent day Tuesday

Anyone want to vent today? I love my husband, I really do. He is absolutely nothing like my dad or brothers. He has no ambition whatsoever when he comes home from work. I know that he works hard during the day and is our only income, but we have a birthday party coming up and we need shit done! He came home last night and asked what I wanted to get done. I told him curtain rods need to get hung. Well he wants to wait until his dad comes on Saturday so he has someone to help hold. What do you think I'm here for?? So I said we need to fill out the questionnaire for LASIK. He watched tv for the rest of the night. I'm not interested in asking twice. He gets so incredibly distracted when the tv is on and it's the first thing he does when he gets home! I asked him what kind of goals he wanted accomplished before we try for #2, and he said he wants DS walking and saying more sounds or words. Well, I think we'll be there soon, and all he had to say was that I needed to know if I'll be able to handle taking a baby to his therapy appointments. He gave me no indication for any sort of timeline and no financial goals or anything. Grrr. I guess I'll just keep waiting.

Re: Vent day Tuesday

• Options
    I am completely exhausted.

Yesterday was DS's birthday, so naturally he had cake, presents, and visitors and got sugared-up and way overstimulated and stayed up past his bedtime. So, at 2 am I woke up to go to the bathroom (thank you pregnant bladder) and had a hard time falling back to sleep. 2:15 DS starts crying, so I go to his room, give him a cuddle, and put him back down. Then I go back to bed. DH is still sleeping. Shortly after that I think I hear a loud beep, but am kind of foggy-brained. 2:45 DS is up crying again, and I for sure hear another beep a.k.a. the sound of a smoke detector that needs a new battery. I get DS settled. DH is up this time, and I tell him about the beeping but we can't tell which detector it is because it isn't beeping any longer. We go back to bed. 3:00 we hear more beeps. DH and I both get up, figure out which detector it is, and then change the battery. 3:15 back in bed. 3:30 DS is up again. I go get him and change his diaper while DH gets a sippy of milk.

I then send DH back to bed while DS drinks his milk. We're sitting together in the glider, and he's all sweet with his head on my shoulder. Then I have to blow my nose, which sets DS off into big belly giggles. Why that child thinks nose-blowing is so funny I do not know.

I get back to bed about 4:00. By 4:30 DS is crying again. DH gets up and brings DS into bed with us. We NEVER do this because no one gets any sleep when we try. Sure enough, by 5:00 none of us are sleeping. I take DS back to his room, and put him in his crib where he finally, finally goes to sleep.

DH and I get up at our normal time because DH has to go to work, and have each spent the day in zombie mode. DS (the stinker) slept until 9:30. I'm never feeding this kid sugar again. Ever.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry about the reasons for these vents, ladies! It sounds frustrating. 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    edited December 2013

It has to be the "Terrible two's" kicking in for our DH's! 

Mine has the big wigs in town for work so I might get to see him for a couple hours on Christmas Eve/Day if I'm really lucky...  Like ya'll too - I know he works hard, but when he gets home, it'd be nice to have just a little break because it's not just the work hours, it's the in-between hours tacked on to his already long work hours too.  There've been times recently where it's been like we're living parallel lives in that he'll proclaim he told me something and I'm like "WHAT? where'd THAT come from?" or when I've had plans that night for A MONTH or more(!!) and he'll just randomly change plans.  Heck, for DS's Birthday he wanted me to wait to leave with the kids for dinner so he could try to break away to go with us (nothing big, think Chinese Buffet!), so I waited..  An hour and a half after I wanted to leave I said the heck with it and left only for him STILL not to be home after we got back, I wish I'd have left when I wanted to because the kids could have been in bed on time with DD having a chance to work on some homework instead of going to bed late which caused DD to have a rough day at school today...

I think for me it's just that I'm over tired too.  I could use a FULL night's sleep for a week straight along with a chance to just break away for a day without having to answer for what I'm doing or how long I'm gone.  I used to do a day at the MOA like this whenever things started to feel uptight and I needed time to just reconnect with myself independently.  Not to mention I haven't had a chance to even see any of my friends and have some IRL social time with anyone over the age of 8 and DH...

As for the rest of the venting - eh - I'm too tired, DH isn't home from work yet and he's got to be back first thing tomorrow again...  Time for some sleep..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"