2nd Trimester
Options

Pain before urination....may be tmi

After a run yesterday, starting last night, when I go to pee and push I get a sharp pain. When the urine starts flowing its pain free...and I'm fine until the next time I have to pee and push. I thought I might be dehydrated, didn't drink much water throughout the day like I normally would. The pain is just in the first initial push....not sure why this is! No burning, no blood, nothing out of the ordinary besides that. Any thoughts?

Re: Pain before urination....may be tmi

• Options
    Blah it keeps coming and going....is that part of a uti?
  • Options
    From my experience (having had a bad bladder infection that landed me in the hospital for a few days at 36 wks with my dd) UTIs and bladder infections do no always present with the "classic" symptoms when you are pregnant. If you are having any pain/discomfort involving urination I would definitely get checked out! It's easy enough to just run a urine sample... I hope you feel better!

Married 8.1.2010
    DD #1: Arrived 10.7.2011
    TTC #2 Since March 2013
    BFP 5.20.2013, EDD 1.26.2014, natural mc @ 5 wks 5.25.2013
    BFP 6.21.2013, EDD 3.14.2014, Twins - missed mc @ 7w6d, D&C 8.6.2013
    BFP 10.7.2013, EDD June 20 2014 - It's a GIRL!   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, sounds like the uti I had several weeks ago. Before pregnancy I would get uti's and they would hurt like a bitch when I went pee. During pregnancy, it only hurt before I went pee and I had some very low cramping. Call your doctor, it cant hurt if you suspect something might be wrong. Symptoms can be weird during pregnancy!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you everyone!!! This is super annoying....as I drank more water today and now no pain whatsoever!! Ugh the joys of pregnancy:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"